Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2012

faithVA

[USER=318989 said:
tiffjust2002[/USER];15000007]I was wondering about that protein issue, I beleive that AO is on sale at curlmart.com I will buy some. I am going to try that LOC method and how often would you think I need to do this daily? Or? Also the AO is that a rinse out conditioner or a deep conditioner?

Thanks so much for your help!

AO can be used as both a DC and a rinse out. The instructions tell you how on the back.

You need to monitor her hair daily to see how her ends are doing. If she needs it daily do it daily. I would do it at least as often as you braid her hair.

Initially I was having to moisturize and seal my hair 2x a day. But the more I work with the moisture, I have only moisturized and sealed 2x this week and I washed on Saturday. Over time, my moisture retention has improved.

It's possible that the AO GPB may help the situation immediately. What I have also been doing when I condition my hair is twirling my hair and my ends and working the conditioner end.

Not sure which of the things I am currently doing is working, but together they are working.

tiffjust2002

Yes AO is Aubrey Organics. I don't knowwhat GPB stands for. G? Protein Balance. It says GPB on the bottle.

Oh okay because I am looking on their site right now and I was like I don't see a GPB one :lachen:I see the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Condish is that the one you use or were talking about?

faithVA

Oh okay because I am looking on their site right now and I was like I don't see a GPB one :lachen:I see the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Condish is that the one you use or were talking about?

No HoneySuckle Rose isn't the same thing. I get GPB from Vitamin Shoppe. Not sure where others buy it from.

Aggie

My ends are still secured in my weave but not for very long. I am soooooooooo ready to take it down to wash and DC my hair.

LaidBak

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
2. Current Hair Length NL
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends They are scraggly and thin.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends trimming, sealing, and wigging
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends same as above, but more frequent sealing
6. Optional: share your current hair measurements either in inches or body lengths (SL, APL). You may want a record of where you started. I'll just post a pic.

Attachments

• Dec 2011.jpg
    Dec 2011.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 35

PJaye

I would like to join, too (if it is not too late).

Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
Natural

Current Hair Length
BSL (?)

The issue(s) you are having with your ends
They are dry and bushy

What you have tried to improve your ends
Tucking them away along with protein treatments

What you are going to try to get those healthy ends
Suspend the protein treatments
Consistent use of certain oils while avoiding others, especially hemp seed, wheat germ and rice bran
Using my purely moisturizing DCs more often
Add HOTs to my routine

faithVA

[USER=186070 said:
PJaye[/USER];15003651]I would like to join, too (if it is not too late).

Natural

Current Hair Length
BSL (?)

They are dry and bushy

Tucking them away along with protein treatments

Suspend the protein treatments
Consistent use of certain oils while avoiding others, especially hemp seed, wheat germ and rice bran
Using my purely moisturizing DCs more often
Add HOTs to my routine

For this challenge, its never too late.

LaidBak

Baggying for the night. Want to keep those ends protected!
ETA: I should specify...I baggied my whole head and put a bonnet over it. Some people are calling that 'the greenhouse' or something similar. My hair is too short to just baggy the ends, so I do the whole thing.

LuvlyRain3

i will be cutting off an inch the next i straighten my hair which will probably be in early february or maybe march. i dont trim often so this doesnt seem like much to me..... but i still dont want to do it.

faithVA

DCd with AO GPB last night. I am making sure to twirl my hair and work the conditioner into my ends. Rinsed. Applied SM Smoothie, and applied more on the ends and twisted to air dry. After air drying 60%, reapplied SM Smoothie and more to the ends and 2 strand twisted the front and flat twisted the rest. Sealed the ends with unpetroleum jelly.

My ends are feeling much better. I think I had some breakage the end of December, not sure why. My ends feel good but some look raggedy. But my SSKs are not as bad. And my ends look ok when I wear a twist out.

So I think the way I am conditioning my hair and adding extra product to my ends helps a great deal. I will dust my ends on a regular schedule to get rid of the issues. I think by mid-year my ends should be in a great state-enough to do a roller set.

missjones

After flat ironing my hair and seeing all the splits and ssks I had :nono:, I want in.

Natrual

Current Hair Length
Shoulder Length

Splint ends and ssks

Nothing yet :ohwell:

Moisturize ends more, maybe baggy more.

Aggie

I am about to cutt off half of my hair tomorrow because of crazy split ends and SSKs. I thought I could but I really can't save it this way for much longer without suffering total hair loss. After I do, I will not be wearing wash and go's like before. I will simply wear wigs for about 2 years on braided hair and I'll keep it bunned intermittently.

My ends have to be totally secured at all times for about 2 years and then I'll try to wear it out now and then. I will still stay in the APL and BSL challenges for motivation however.

faithVA

I am about to cutt off half of my hair tomorrow because of crazy split ends and SSKs. I thought I could but I really can't save it this way for much longer without suffering total hair loss. After I do, I will not be wearing wash and go's like before. I will simply wear wigs for about 2 years on braided hair and I'll keep it bunned intermittently.

My ends have to be totally secured at all times for about 2 years and then I'll try to wear it out now and then. I will still stay in the APL and BSL challenges for motivation however.

Sorry to hear about your needing a cut Aggie. But if you really feel you need to do it, then you have to do what you need to do.

Just make sure that even under the wigs you pamper your ends. They still need that loving.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Ends are still healthy from my trim, but far from luscious. I think I picked a crap co wash conditioner. Glad I'm near the end of it so I can switch to something better.

faithVA

Ends are still healthy from my trim, but far from luscious. I think I picked a crap co wash conditioner. Glad I'm near the end of it so I can switch to something better.

B_Phlyy, Why not just throw it out and switch to something better. Why be mean to your hair?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
B_Phlyy, Why not just throw it out and switch to something better. Why be mean to your hair?

I really don't like to be wasteful lol. The conditioner isn't doing anything bad per se, but it's not adding any benefits either. It kinda just make my hair feel like hair. I hope that makes sense.

The only reason I like it is because it smells delicious. So I might save it as a date night conditioner (even though I'm not dating).

LuvlyRain3

i need to put ceramide rich oils back in to my regimen. although i find myself using more butters on my hair than oils nowadays. maybe ill order some hemp seed butter.

Aggie

Sorry to hear about your needing a cut @Aggie. But if you really feel you need to do it, then you have to do what you need to do.

Just make sure that even under the wigs you pamper your ends. They still need that loving.

faithVA, :kiss: thanks hun for the support and yes I will be babying these ends from now on and watching them like a hawk. I will be mostly heavily sealing the moisture in them with some kind of pomade or JBCO. I need something that will really keep them from drying out.

I intend to flat iron every 3-4 months to thoroughly check for split ends. I really can't go through another setback.

faithVA

@faithVA, :kiss: thanks hun for the support and yes I will be babying these ends from now on and watching them like a hawk. I will be mostly heavily sealing the moisture in them with some kind of pomade or JBCO. I need something that will really keep them from drying out.

I intend to flat iron every 3-4 months to thoroughly check for split ends. I really can't go through another setback.

Well definitely try out that LOC method (liquid, oil, heavy cream/butter). I have found it works for me.

faithVA

[USER=204812 said:
LuvlyRain3[/USER];15023017]i need to put ceramide rich oils back in to my regimen. although i find myself using more butters on my hair than oils nowadays. maybe ill order some hemp seed butter.

You can always mix some ceramide oils with your butters and have the best of both worlds.