Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013/2014

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today once I came home from the salon I used Mizani Coconut Soufflé to moisturize with and used Grapeseed Oil to seal with.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
This morning before work I used the Mizani Coconut Souffle again with the GSO

I just applied Eden Body Works All Natural LIC and topped it with GSO too

See you ladies in the morning.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im getting ready to seal with my 3 oil blend (olive, castor, almond) and do an overnight baggy. I've been wearing a wig for the last week so my ends are protected at all times.

Oan I have been wanting to get some mane and tail conditioner. It was a staple when I was relaxed. I used it as a cowash, dc and leave in. I keep seeing it every store I go. Next time im buying it lol

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I will be DCing today. I need to wash out this flatiron and get back to the regular program. So healthly ends here I come!

krissyc39

I temporarily hopped off of my heavy shea butter usage... What a mistake! Glad I caught it before it got worse.

Willow00

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc Natural
2. Current Hair Length APL
3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends Tangling at ends sometimes, slight thinning.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends Dusting ends every three or four months.
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends Keep hair in twists and then tuck twists into buns and updo styles. Trying to get my ends less tangly and a bit thicker. Rinse hair every couple of days with water to put back moisture in hair, and use castor oil and grapeseed oil as needed to keep my ends moist and hopefully tangle free.

spellinto

My ends were happy today :) I blow dried with cool air instead of air drying and they responded much better than usual. I guess they really needed the force of cold air to help close & smooth the cuticles. I think if I continue blow drying after washes, the health of my ends will improve over time.

krissyc39

Just found out that my Aphogee 2 min reconstructor is actually a deep conditioner lol. Just makes me love it all the more I suppose :lachen:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Last night I moisturized and sealed. I used hello hydration on the ends and sealed with evoo/argan oil. I baggy almost every night. My hair really retains moisture this way. I've been washing my hair weekly and detangling. I was going too long between washings and the tangles and shed hair were impossible. Wash day is Monday. Im going to do a hot oil treatment for the first time in ages.

Royalq

Ugh im going to have to do a 1 inch trim when i take these braids out. Im still trying to figure out my ssk's. The only time it got under control was when i was using Sta sof fro in the rainy season here in FL. It rained heavily everyday then the hot sun came out creating alot of unbearable humidity but the glycerin in Sta sof fro made my hair like butter. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the weather isnt like that year round. Sigh...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ugh im going to have to do a 1 inch trim when i take these braids out. Im still trying to figure out my ssk's. The only time it got under control was when i was using Sta sof fro in the rainy season here in FL. It rained heavily everyday then the hot sun came out creating alot of unbearable humidity but the glycerin in Sta sof fro made my hair like butter. Unfortunately (and fortunately) the weather isnt like that year round. Sigh...
How often do you trim?

krissyc39

Just realized if I take amazing care of my ends that by December 2015 my hair can grow to my last rib (the floating one) even with 3 inches of cuts! That's enough motivation for me to keep going :yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
The last time I wash or CW my hair was on the 30th, but I tell you guys using the LOC method that one day has kept my ends feeling really hydrated!

I plan to repeat this again this evening and I will update you gal on the items I will be using once I wash my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My last 2 detangling sessions have been frustrating. I did a hot oil treatment on Monday and now my hair feels slightly overmoisturized. I had some stretchy broken strands. Since then I have been using Aphogee keratin spray daily to correct the balance. Im kinda scared to see what my ends look like now...

Tuesday I am going in for a deep condition, rollerset and blowout. If my ends look good enough I will put off the trim until October. My last trim was October of last year. Im proud of myself for keeping my ends thos healthy/strong. If it weren't for my dyeing my hair those 2 times I probably wouldn't need to trim at all.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
The last time I wash or CW my hair was on the 30th, but I tell you guys using the LOC method that one day has kept my ends feeling really hydrated!

I plan to repeat this again this evening and I will update you gal on the items I will be using once I wash my hair.

Ok I will be using Cantu SheaButter LI, Grapeseed Oil, and Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment (in that order).

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
My last 2 detangling sessions have been frustrating. I did a hot oil treatment on Monday and now my hair feels slightly overmoisturized. I had some stretchy broken strands. Since then I have been using Aphogee keratin spray daily to correct the balance. Im kinda scared to see what my ends look like now...

Tuesday I am going in for a deep condition, rollerset and blowout. If my ends look good enough I will put off the trim until October. My last trim was October of last year. Im proud of myself for keeping my ends thos healthy/strong. If it weren't for my dyeing my hair those 2 times I probably wouldn't need to trim at all.

Prettymetty
How is the Keratin spray treating you?
Im a natural and I use this stuff every wash day. But I do switch my moisturizer up btwn other stuff. I have a protein creme that I use to keep my hair balanced bc i sometimes have the same issue with stretchy hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prettymetty
How is the Keratin spray treating you?
Im a natural and I use this stuff every wash day. But I do switch my moisturizer up btwn other stuff. I have a protein creme that I use to keep my hair balanced bc i sometimes have the same issue with stretchy hair.

I have been using the keratin spray for a couple months and it is great. It gives my hair strength and keeps it from getting too soft when I baggy my ends. I alternate with a homemade aloe/glycerin/argan oil spray

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
After I washed my DC out this morning I LOC'ed. I won't be bothering my hair until this weekend so see you ladies later.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I went to the Dominicans today and got a wash and set. I lost a lot of hair during the detangling/rollerset process, but I didn't need a trim. My scalp is sore and my hair feels thinner, but im just happy to have any hair :lachen: by the looks of the hair in the combs I thought I was gonna be bald :blush:

I am going to get a year end trim and I will do a length check at that time. I am still apl, but I think I will be grazing bsl by December

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I went to the Dominicans today and got a wash and set. I lost a lot of hair during the detangling/rollerset process, but I didn't need a trim. My scalp is sore and my hair feels thinner, but im just happy to have any hair :lachen: by the looks of the hair in the combs I thought I was gonna be bald :blush:

I am going to get a year end trim and I will do a length check at that time. I am still apl, but I think I will be grazing bsl by December

Where was this salon located? Prettymetty

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My salon is in Houston on Little York Rd near 529. It's called Dominican salon. Jackie is the best, but when she gets too many walk ins at once she has the other ladies finish :look:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Oh ok. I have been consimplating about going to a Dominican Salon but I just don't know if my hair can handle it.