Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013/2014

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I just washed my DC out. I completed the LOC method afterwards to lock in the moisture. I know my ends are low-key thanking me LOL.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My ends look healthy and are split free, but the last 4 inches have broken off in several places. When my hair is straight or curled, the damage isn't noticeable. Now that my hair has reverted there is an obvious difference in thickness/texture. I am getting a trim in October and I will continue to trim as needed until those 4 inches are gone. Ooh the thickness is gonna be insane once my hair is all one length. With that being said, I probably won't make bsl anytime soon :(

spellinto

Guys I got a little scissor happy today buy it was for a good reason!

I got my relaxer touch up and instantly knew I had to trim my ends. The first photo is my hair before the touch up. The next photo is my hair after the touch up without a trim. Excuse the quality, all photos were taken on my phone's camera in my bedroom through mirror reflection.

ForumRunner_20140819_193936.jpg

ForumRunner_20140819_194240.jpg

The last photo is the end result after I stopped cutting. I'm really tempted to cut more, but I don't want to lose that much length all in one trim. I will keep trimming monthly and see what happens. I love long hair, but not with wispy see through ends! Hopefully my new regimen is working well enough so that I can maintain all I cut off.
ForumRunner_20140819_194107.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140819_194018.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140819_194018.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

spellinto

I need to remember that I'm still trimming off months worth of damage from my past, so I don't have to beat myself up if the splits don't disappear right away. I am mainly focused on preventing thinning and new splits from forming.

right now I can save my hair by practicing safe detangling and finding a worthy sulfate free shampoo. first I want to try shower detangling with my fingers to see if that reduces manipulation with my comb when I air dry. I'm thinking of buying a paul Mitchell or biolage detangling conditioner for that. I also need to detangle air dried hair in no less than 6 sections and stop being stingy with my detangling spray. finally, I realized that I finger detangle almost every day, but I often rip through my hair and neglect to use an oil or detangling spray. Ultimately I would like to get to the point where I don't need to detangle my hair at all until wash day.

As for shampoo, I usually hate sulfate free ones, but I watched a review of Creme Of Nature's Eden sulfate free shampoo that looked promising. I have other options too, like prepooing with coconut oil ( to prevent protein loss & hygral fatigue) and using a light protein on my ends more often, but I want to make these major changes first before I turn to anything else. Looking forward to better results!

Last edited:

spellinto

Updates:

While the rest of my hair may not need it, my ends seem to enjoy a dab of leave in and oil every night so I'll make that my nightly routine.

For products, I bought the Hair One Sweet Almond Oil cleansing conditioner instead of using a shampoo at all. I will only use sulfates to clarify. Also bought the GVP Detangler as opposed to the actual PM or Biolage detanglers, and a bottle of VO5 Moisture Milks conditioner in case the detangler doesnt agree with my hair.

faithVA

Updates:

While the rest of my hair may not need it, my ends seem to enjoy a dab of leave in and oil every night so I'll make that my nightly routine.

For products, I bought the Hair One Sweet Almond Oil cleansing conditioner instead of using a shampoo at all. I will only use sulfates to clarify. Also bought the GVP Detangler as opposed to the actual PM or Biolage detanglers, and a bottle of VO5 Moisture Milks conditioner in case the detangler doesnt agree with my hair.

You are making great progress with your hair. Thanks for the updates.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am doing a full head baggy with Aphogee Keratin spray and Aussie Moist. I gotta baby these ends until I get my trim in a few weeks

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
My ends have been put away for 2 weeks, 2 more weeks to go then I will take my hair out of these crochet braids and baby them for a few days before going back into hiding again. Hpe all of you ladies are doing well, keep up the good work!

ajargon02

I need to remember that I'm still trimming off months worth of damage from my past, so I don't have to beat myself up if the splits don't disappear right away. I am mainly focused on preventing thinning and new splits from forming.

right now I can save my hair by practicing safe detangling and finding a worthy sulfate free shampoo. first I want to try shower detangling with my fingers to see if that reduces manipulation with my comb when I air dry. I'm thinking of buying a paul Mitchell or biolage detangling conditioner for that. I also need to detangle air dried hair in no less than 6 sections and stop being stingy with my detangling spray. finally, I realized that I finger detangle almost every day, but I often rip through my hair and neglect to use an oil or detangling spray. Ultimately I would like to get to the point where I don't need to detangle my hair at all until wash day.

As for shampoo, I usually hate sulfate free ones, but I watched a review of Creme Of Nature's Eden sulfate free shampoo that looked promising. I have other options too, like prepooing with coconut oil ( to prevent protein loss & hygral fatigue) and using a light protein on my ends more often, but I want to make these major changes first before I turn to anything else. Looking forward to better results!

Luv naturals has a sulfate free shampoo that will leave you with soft clean hair. Paired with its condish it's FANTASTIC! It's concentrated so a little goes a long way on wet hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Usps tried to deliver my alter ego today, but i was at work :( I hope it comes tomorrow. I really need to wash my hair

faithVA

Did a protein treatment Saturday after I colored my hair. Just snipping splits as I find them. And while watching TV at night I search and destroy. My split end situation is getting better.

I've been doing well with spacing out my dustings. I will dust again at the end of September. Hopefully I will see great improvement.

I need to sharpen the blades of my Splitender before then.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I did a henna treatment today to reinforce my strands. Especially, the ends! Also, I'm still heavy sealing my ends by LCOPing, :yep:

Who'll be dust and/or trimming with me on the Fall Equinox?

faithVA, how do you sharpen the blades. I bought one on the exchange forum awhile back. I think it needs new blades, or be sharpened, so I don't use it.

Last edited:

krissyc39

My ends feel great! I've been misting with a fenugreek mix and sealing with castor oil daily... my hair is handling the daily manipulation really well so long as I allow my braids to completely dry before handling :D

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did a henna treatment today to reinforce my strands. Especially, the ends! Also, I'm still heavy sealing my ends by LCOPing, :yep:

faithVA, how do you sharpen the blades. I bought one on the exchange forum awhile back. I think it needs new blades, or be sharpened, so I don't use it.
When is the equinox? I might dust my ends that day. If not I will get a professional trim in October on a "lengthening" day

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Will be co-washing today before work, and then LOCing it up!

***CW just now with Aussie Moist , then LOC'ed with Cantu SheaButter Leave-In, GSO, and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Again: CW just now with Aussie Moist , then LOC'ed with Cantu SheaButter Leave-In, GSO, and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today is wash day. I will start with a prepoo (Alter ego and argan oil). Then I will do a Nexxus Emergencee treatment. Once I shampoo that out with Keracare detangling poo I will add some Humecto to my hair and let it sit for 5 mins.

faithVA

Um, Did I never answer your question? :look: You should have called me out :nono:

I have never sharpened the blades. Someone in the random thread said they used one of the cylinder like sharpeners to sharpen theirs. I was going to ask my SO if he has one and then try it. If I luck up he may even do it for me.

faithVA

I've been doing search and destroys but I could probably use a dusting. I'm just sooo hair lazy right now. I think I will hold off until October.

SpiritJunkie

Not sure if I'm "officially" in this challenge but I am babying my ends. I am baggying under my wig with mango butter and evoo or coconut oil.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I missed the Fall Equinox, it wasn't convenient to mess with my hair then. :eek:hwell

I just trimmed my hair. My intent was to dust, but it turned into a trim. I think I may need to go back in tomorrow to even up where I just started cutting :nono:
ForumRunner_20140929_185153.jpg

M&S'd with Bee Mine Luscious and GSO.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I wanted to wash my hair today, but after cooking dinner, doing laundry, homework with the kids and cleaning the kitchen I am exhausted. I will postpone my washday until tomorrow.

EnExitStageLeft

I pretty much live in a wig these days, so my ends are doing fine. I've trimmed at least 5 inches off this year alone, so the fact that I'm still BSL surprises the heck out of me.

My SO was looking at my cornrolls tonight while I was MS'ing and kept commenting on how long they were. I was happy and slightly confused at the same time.

Anywho, I'm aiming for waist FOR REAL this time, so I'll be pretty much keeping this regi. until I hit it. Then I'll rock it freely for a few months and then BC BABY!

I'm aiming for April 2015 to hit waist (My original BC date). I hope to BC early August 2015, just in time for the new school year:).

My Current Regi:

Once every 4-5 weeks:

Chelate or Use a Sulfate Shampoo
Reconstructive treatment
DC w/ Steam
Oil Rinse
Blow Dry on Medium Heat
Cornroll

Every 2 weeks I:

Prepoo my Leave Out and Cornrolls
Shampoo w/ a Sulfate Free Poo (Diluted poo for my Cornrolls)
DC w/ a mix of Light Protein and Moisturizing DC (Diluted DC for my cornrolls)
Oil Rinse
Blow Dry Leave Out on Low Heat and dry my cornrolls on Cool

2-3x's a weeks I:

Oil my scalp and LCOB my hair

In Between LCOB sessions I:

Spritz my hair with Spray Leave In and Seal w/ an Oil

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just DCed my hair about to braid it back up for my crochet braids. While I braid I will be LOCing my hair to keep the moisture in!

See you chicks later.

twolala

I'm relaxed and although my hair is past waist length, split ends can still be a problem especially with chemically treated hair. Although I bought split end specific products that I have been using,I'm still going to get my trims (I need one badly now).check out me and my sister's How We Treat Our Split Ends video