Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013/2014

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I wash when it gets to the greasy feel. If I don't my ends will break like dry pine needles.

The ends feel smooth and strong though. No breakage whatsoever. I have been using my Chi Keratin spray for strength. If my hair gets too dry it breaks. Greasy is ok lol

Evolving78

The ends feel smooth and strong though. No breakage whatsoever. I have been using my Chi Keratin spray for strength. If my hair gets too dry it breaks. Greasy is ok lol
I thought about buying some. I will have to use up my creme of nature leave in spray. It's full of protein.

Evolving78

I just moisturized and sealed. Hair and ends is tucked and pinned away. I may have to go back to washing twice a week. My new growth or texlaxed hair is starting to act like its thick. And I need to thin out my castor oil when I apply it. It is really hard to wash and rinse out.

faithVA

I'm going to wait until mid December to start the new thread.

What do you ladies think of me doing it for two years so it would be 2015/2016 vs. just 2015?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going to wait until mid December to start the new thread.

What do you ladies think of me doing it for two years so it would be 2015/2016 vs. just 2015?

This is fine with me. Within 2 years all my damage will be grown out and trimmed and I can finally have thick full hair again.

Evolving78

I'm down for two years! Once this 6 month no cutting thing is over, I will trim my ends and will need some support to make sure I don't jack them up!

Evolving78

You can do this. Hopefully the longer you resist the easier it will be.
its that air drying that makes me go for the scissors. You know the ends don't dry completely straight and you got to put a ton of moisturize and oil so they don't dry rough and puffy!

Evolving78

I thought about throwing them in the trash can outside...yeah outside. But I still trim my DD's or remove knots from her hair. I barely trim her ends. I'm not scissor happy with her.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just moisturized my ends with a pea size of Neutrogena silk touch cream. Then I did a satin foam roller set to give my hair some texture

greenandchic

Last night I sealed my ends with my shea butter mix. I've actually been sealing my ends the last three days in a row. Even with bunning the weather has been pretty harsh this week and I need to protect it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought a new hair clip today and I had to throw it away, because a piece broke off the top (I didn't notice at the store). It was a waste of $$, but I saved my strands from being snagged.

Oan I ordered a big bottle of castor oil to seal my ends and massage my scalp.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I've been posting this all over LHCF (okay, just the hair part lol) but I've been spraying my ends with avj/filtered water, oil, CB Almond Jai Butter (love that stuff) and a tiny bit of the blue colored Blue Magic grease. I'm excited to see what my hair looks like once I take these mini-braids down in 2 weeks. Thank y'all for letting me harp about these mini-braids and not politely tell me to hush-up. You guys are the best!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been posting this all over LHCF (okay, just the hair part lol) but I've been spraying my ends with avj/filtered water, oil, CB Almond Jai Butter (love that stuff) and a tiny bit of the blue colored Blue Magic grease. I'm excited to see what my hair looks like once I take these mini-braids down in 2 weeks. Thank y'all for letting me harp about these mini-braids and not politely tell me to hush-up. You guys are the best!

I wanna see pics... I want to do some mini braids. I usually do jumbo braids lol

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
wow! How long did it take you? I have had my hair (6 inches) braided like that when I went to the braid shop.

Thanks! It took me 3 days because of life and stuff, plus I have a short attention span and a kid with a short attention span as well lol. Now since they're old I just pop a wig on over them. Two styles in one, Bam! Lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think he has the yellow bottle. I rarely use any kind of gel. Even aloe gel flakes on me and that's not a good look :nono: