Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2017

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I’m going to have to try Chicoro ends regimen. I’ve kept my hair in twists for most of this year to prevent ssk but they are EVIL. I consistently trimmed the ruff ends but they are EVIL & return nonetheless, I cannot ignore it. SSK feel horrible and does contribute to more tangle getting caught in them if one is not strategic in prevention. My MBL goal for December is deferred but I’m at least full BSL.
2018- may have to blow dry lightly to keep hair stretched more thoroughly to prevent ssk
2018- try Chicoro method b4 plan 2 add blow dry as SSK extermination experiment
2018-keep clumping a priority even when wearing twist outs to prevent ssk (in conjunction with Chicoro method)

Congratulations on reaching full BSL! That is no easy task.

larry3344

Now @larry3344 ,
You KNOW I'm going to ask you about this. So here I go. How have you implemented this method for yourself? What are you doing exactly? The tailbone method or using the 6 steps I mentioned above? How do you know it works? What is changing or improving about your hair? Thank you in advance!

Chicoro

Sorry for the delay and I don't mind sharing at all.

First, I have done a Keratin treatment to smooth my coils, especially on the ends. I am considering doing that twice a year to help reduce the single strand knots and splits that I experience.

As for my routine:

I have been keeping my hair in stretched style for the week by twisting the hair on Sunday and undoing the twists Monday before going to work. I maintain the twists the whole week which I refresh with tea spritz and complete my hair wash routine on Saturday, wear my hair out for that day and retwist again on Sunday. Rinse and repeat.

Wash day routine:

I use Curly Proverbz scalp oil and massage my scalp for 2-3 minutes.

Then I use Curly Proverbz tea as a hair spritz followed by Jmonique naturals pre-poo (which I love I mus restock)

I always focus on applying my conditioners/leave-ins/tea spritz on my hair ends. I may occasionally add an oil on top but it is mostly unnecessary because Jmonique condish are filled with oils.

I keep my hair in large twists

I wrap my hair overnight then prepare for wash day routine the next day

The next day

I unwrap the hair and the twists and I do an ACV rinse.

I first shampoo with Terresentials cirtus mud wash (love that stuff but I must find a Canadian friendly alternative)

I follow-up with a shampoo bar

Tea rinse

Apply my dc treatment (concentrating on the ends)

Apply my hairtherapy wrap

Then rinse the DC

I section hair into big twist keep my hair stretched)

Styling:

I begin section to put my hair in twists

I wet the hair with the CP tea spritz or Aphogee green tea spritz

I use a liquid cream (ie/ Alaffia curls lotion creme)

Then I follow-up with a creamy hairdress by Keracae (looking for a replacement because I prefer it tobe Black owned)

Then I twist

Done, go about my day

Before going to bed

I wrap my hair with a scarf and put a bonnet ...if I feel like it

Then undo my twists the next morning before heading to work

Takeaway

All my conditioning/moisturizing products focus on the ends of my hair

My cleansing products focus on my scalp

I only wear my "wash-n-go" hair once during the week

I only detangle when I style my hair in twists

HTH

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Sorry for the delay and I don't mind sharing at all.

First, I have done a Keratin treatment to smooth my coils, especially on the ends. I am considering doing that twice a year to help reduce the single strand knots and splits that I experience.

As for my routine:

I have been keeping my hair in stretched style for the week by twisting the hair on Sunday and undoing the twists Monday before going to work. I maintain the twists the whole week which I refresh with tea spritz and complete my hair wash routine on Saturday, wear my hair out for that day and retwist again on Sunday. Rinse and repeat.

Wash day routine:

I use Curly Proverbz scalp oil and massage my scalp for 2-3 minutes.

Then I use Curly Proverbz tea as a hair spritz followed by Jmonique naturals pre-poo (which I love I mus restock)

I always focus on applying my conditioners/leave-ins/tea spritz on my hair ends. I may occasionally add an oil on top but it is mostly unnecessary because Jmonique condish are filled with oils.

I keep my hair in large twists

I wrap my hair overnight then prepare for wash day routine the next day

The next day

I unwrap the hair and the twists and I do an ACV rinse.

I first shampoo with Terresentials cirtus mud wash (love that stuff but I must find a Canadian friendly alternative)

I follow-up with a shampoo bar

Tea rinse

Apply my dc treatment (concentrating on the ends)

Apply my hairtherapy wrap

Then rinse the DC

I section hair into big twist keep my hair stretched)

Styling:

I begin section to put my hair in twists

I wet the hair with the CP tea spritz or Aphogee green tea spritz

I use a liquid cream (ie/ Alaffia curls lotion creme)

Then I follow-up with a creamy hairdress by Keracae (looking for a replacement because I prefer it tobe Black owned)

Then I twist

Done, go about my day

Before going to bed

I wrap my hair with a scarf and put a bonnet ...if I feel like it

Then undo my twists the next morning before heading to work

Takeaway

All my conditioning/moisturizing products focus on the ends of my hair

My cleansing products focus on my scalp

I only wear my "wash-n-go" hair once during the week

I only detangle when I style my hair in twists

HTH

Larry3344 said,

"As for my routine:

I have been keeping my hair in (1)stretched style for the week by twisting the hair on Sunday and undoing the twists Monday before going to work. (2) I maintain the twists the whole week which I refresh with tea spritz and complete my hair wash routine on Saturday, (3) wear my hair out for that day and retwist again on Sunday. (4) Rinse and repeat."

:arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:
Right above in italics, this part right here is KEY!

Most ladies with tailbone length, afro-textured hair do a (1). stretched style, immediately after washing the hair, that they (2) maintain for a few days. Then, they untwist or unbraid the hair and (3) wear the hair loose for a minimum amount of time, and then roll into wash day and (4) do it all over again, just like in
@larry3344 's routine.

Last edited: