Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2018

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
To join, post
1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc: Natural
2. Current Hair Length: Full MBL (wanted to say waist, lmao :evillaugh:.
3. Why are you joining this challenge? I need to take better care of my ends. Also, I need to retain all of my growth.
4. What have you tried to improve your ends? Nothing in the past.
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? I will be using the LCO method, I will be doing she's butter and whipped she's buttr
6. Any helpful tips you learned for your fellow challengers... I' going to follow some of my heavy hitters in the group and make sure I stay on point.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
To join, post
1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc: Natural
2. Current Hair Length: Full MBL (wanted to say waist, lmao :evillaugh:.
3. Why are you joining this challenge? I need to take better care of my ends. Also, I need to retain all of my growth.
4. What have you tried to improve your ends? Nothing in the past.
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? I will be using the LCO method, I will be doing she's butter and whipped she's buttr
6. Any helpful tips you learned for your fellow challengers... I' going to follow some of my heavy hitters in the group and make sure I stay on point.

Where is that photo with that magnificent hair progress at? I hope you post it in this thread, too!

fifigirl

I'm all about healthy hair, ends and retention this year so i will be participating in this challenge

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc Texlaxed
2. Current Hair Length MBL
3. Why are you joining this challenge? If my ends are healthy and luscious then wont break and i will be able to retain the new length from my new growth and be able to meet my goal of WL
4. What have you tried to improve your ends? I tried the normal things like deep conditioning 2x a week and moisturising and sealing but i've never taken it this far
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?I'm following Chicoro's technique of Scurl and shea butter. I will be keeping my hair in plaits mostly and wearing a wig, i will be moisturising each plait with scurl and then sealing with my shea butter which has ayurvedic oils and herbs infused in it
6. Any helpful tips you learned for your fellow challengers... Chicoro's method

Evolving78

Thanks. :yep:

These are the ingredients in the Apple one:
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus (Green Apple) Fruit Extract, Coco Nufcifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sesame Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Parfum (Fragrance, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Asorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Magnesium Silicate, Hydroxethyl Cellulose, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Oil.

Here are the ingredients in the other one:
Water (Aqua), Propanediol, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol and Cetrimonium Bromide, Cetyl Alcohol, Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Wheat Germ Extract (Triticum Vulgare), Caprylyl Glycol Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).
Go with the first one!

Evolving78

You think so? Ooooo. Why? (I'm just itching for an excuse to get the first one. The second one is supposed to be the tried and true one.)
I have used the second one in the past as a natural on my hair, and my children’s hair. I have actually had to dilute it. It’s very thick and pretty much behaves like SCurl!!!!!
As you can see, look how far up glycerin is on the list. If you don’t have any issues with Aloe Vera Juice, then go with the first one! It won’t be as heavy as the second one either.

Last edited:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
1. Natural, Type 4
2. MBL
3. To improve the condition of my ends as my hair grows longer. They have gotten raggedy whenever I approached/passed WL.
4. Honestly, as my hair gets longer, I tend to get lazier with it and my ends probably deteriorate from neglect. If I take care of them the same, I imagine they’ll maintain their integrity.
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? Not being neglectful number one. Have an ends routine where weekly I keep up with oiling them and monthly do a S&D/dusting. This has really given me the shape I’m loving lately.
6. Too many inspirations to post, but I definitely learn a lot from others!

Attachments

• 20ABC561-37FD-4C54-92D4-182FA2E590A0.jpeg
    20ABC561-37FD-4C54-92D4-182FA2E590A0.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

faithVA

I'm still conducting my experiment of S-Curl/SB mix and Keravda Souffle/SB Mix. So far so good. I will continue this until mid January. My hair is still in plaits. Since using SB, my hair no longer gets "webby" and tangled when washed in braids.

That is good to know. When the time comes I would love to be able to wash in braids.

faithVA

This month I plan to water rinse or cowash every 4 days. With that frequency I will have more opportunity to find out what really works for my ends. My hair is still too short to wash in twist but I do wash my hair in sections. Even with that my ends are curling around themselves while I'm in the shower. I will see if I can find a way to work around that issue as well as the best way to seal my ends when putting my hair up in flat twists.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm still conducting my experiment of S-Curl/SB mix and Keravda Souffle/SB Mix. So far so good. I will continue this until mid January. My hair is still in plaits. Since using SB, my hair no longer gets "webby" and tangled when washed in braids.

This is me, too. BUT, I must take down my braids from the previous week before washing or I will have problems. I can't wash in old braids I've worn all week. It will definitely get tangled. I pre poo and then re-do the braids loosely for my wash and condition and wash in those new braids.

Shea butter has brought my detangling process down to 30 minutes. I no longer have to pull or break my ends apart. They just slide apart.

Why are you going to change your process in mid January?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
This is me, too. BUT, I must take down my braids from the previous week before washing or I will have problems. I can't wash in old braids I've worn all week. It will definitely get tangled. I pre poo and then re-do the braids loosely for my wash and condition and wash in those new braids.

Shea butter has brought my detangling process down to 30 minutes. I no longer have to pull or break my ends apart. They just slide apart.

Why are you going to change your process in mid January?

I have another product I want to compare, which is Oyin Hair Dew. The best of the three products is what I will stick with for the rest of my hair journey.

Last edited:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
8542C2D3-EF88-4AD9-8E29-2F45F4FF5795.jpeg 031236E1-AD90-4CFE-95CE-2A8FC1EBA730.jpeg
To join, post

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
Natural

2. Current Hair Length
CBL

3. Why are you joining this challenge?
My ends have always been an issue. I can’t seem to keep the splits away so all my progress ends up on the floor.

4. What have you tried to improve your ends?
Nothing significant lately. Just left my hair alone in cornrows. Didn’t help.

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?
Steal tips from this thread!

6. Any helpful tips you learned for your
fellow challengers...
No, I’m going to be jacking routines!

Last edited:

schely10

1. I am relaxed
2. Current Hair Length: BSL
3. Why are you joining this challenge? I consistently get thin ends. I actually feel as if my hair is thinning all over due to poor detangling methods used at the salon when I go in for my touch-ups (every 16wks). The wash girls always detangle from the roots down first, even when told the correct way.
4. What have you tried to improve your ends? Each year, I end up cutting off most of my progress & hope that I can combat this within my regimen.
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? I am going to try using JBCO on them when I m&s. I am also going to look for another salon (even though I love my stylist). Also, keep them bunned up.
6. Any helpful tips you learned for your fellow challengers... I am going to try Chicoro's castor oil + ends routine.
my ends.jpg

faithVA

Conditioned tonight and used multiple products to seal my hair/ends. Used TGIN leave-in, followed by the Mane Choice anti-breakage ends serum, the Mane Choice Restorative Spray, Carols Daughter Honey Mimosa and TGIN gel.

I cut splits as I ran across them. Back in my flat twist as usual.

GGsKin

Smoothed ayurvedic infused whipped shea butter onto freshly DCd strands, focusing on my ends and working up. Then topped with diluted KCCC.

I also randomly snipped and good couple of inches.

Evolving78

Conditioned tonight and used multiple products to seal my hair/ends. Used TGIN leave-in, followed by the Mane Choice anti-breakage ends serum, the Mane Choice Restorative Spray, Carols Daughter Honey Mimosa and TGIN gel.

I cut splits as I ran across them. Back in my flat twist as usual.
Have you seen MC’s Boost Kit?

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I would like to join this challenge.

1. I am texlaxed (sides and nape only) and my goals is to transition to fully natural
2. TWA
3. I am joining this challenge because I am experiencing dryness and I need to start taking care of my ends a bit more.
4. TBH, I've never really focused on my ends specifically, but I would like to start doing so nightly.
5. I am going to moisturizing each night and seal with oil. I will tie my hair each night. Generally speaking, I will use more oils in my regimen.