Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - 2021

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro How are you? Your pictures are wonderfully clear and your ends are knot-free and so shiny. They look happy.
Hey Pretty Baby Girl! Im fine, thank you! How are you? I took my pictures with my IPhone. Yes, my ends are doing good. Yes, my hair ends and I are all happy! Thank you for the compliments and thank you for inquiring about me!

Chicoro

This head of hair is absolutely magnificent. Wow. I began using Shea butter but it can be so hard. Is melting is in a double boiler an acceptable practice for getting it to a softer consistory to make applying it easier? Did that make sense?

Thank you for the compliment!
At one time, my ends looked like rats had a chewing fest on them. They were so dry that they were grey on the ends. I had hairs that were split, and then that split hair was split again. Then on top of all that my hair was full of knots sometimes intertwined with lint. Yuck!!!! It took me years to resolve my hair end issues.

Yes, it makes sense…Girl…we got a 800 or so page long thread on Shea butter. It is extremely informative. I used to hate Shea butter. Now I love it. I learned how to work with it and learned how to use it in my hair.

I make my own and mix Shea butter with other oils. Using a double boiler method gently melt it. Put mixture in the freezer or fridge until hard. Then remove and let it soften a bit. Then use a metal electric whisker to whip it to the consistency of whipped cream!

Let me see if I can find that thread for you!

Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2018

Last edited:

KenyafromCT

Ohh wow
Thank you for the compliment!
At one time, my ends looked like rats had a chewing fest on them. They were so dry that they were grey on the ends. I had hairs that were split, and then that split hair was split again. Then on top of all that my hair was full of knots sometimes intertwined with lint. Yuck!!!! It took me years to resolve my hair end issues.

Yes, it makes sense…Girl…we got a 800 or so page long thread on Shea butter. It is extremely informative. I used to hate Shea butter. Now I love it. I learned how to work with it and learned how to use it in my hair.

I make my own and mix Shea butter with other oils. Using a double boiler method gently melt it. Put mixture in the freezer or fridge until hard. Then remove and let it soften a bit. Then use a metal electric whisker to whip it to the consistency of whipped cream!

Let me see if I can find that thread for you!

Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2018

Thank you!! Imma start reading it now. And I have noticed a difference with my ends since using Shea with my LCO. You are so appreciated.

faithVA

Know I've been mia. Needed a break from my hair so been in twists. I'm not sure what shape my ends are in but I seem to be retaining OK at the moment. I know my ends seemed to do much better when my hair was super short. I'm scheduled for a trim in November and I will blow dry in December. That will give me a good idea.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
This head of hair is absolutely magnificent. Wow. I began using Shea butter but it can be so hard. Is melting is in a double boiler an acceptable practice for getting it to a softer consistory to make applying it easier? Did that make sense?
If you don’t wanna melt Shea butter, look into Shea Nilotica from 3CayG. It’s my favorite butter and it’s already creamy.

snoop

I forgot that I joined and I want getting the notifications. I've been semi-slacking on my hair. My new routine is great, but I'm not as consistent as I'd like.

I can't remember when my last trim was and so I'm thinking of installing mini-twists so that I can dust my ends.

faithVA

I did my hair this weekend and I think my ends are in good shape. I'm keeping my hair in twist. But I think using Kinky Curly products really helps keep my hair hydrated. I have other gels but I may just switch over to Kinky Curly after my next trim in November.

faithVA

I won't be recreating this thread for 2022. I don't visit often and it isn't super active. If anyone wants to please create a new thread for 2022 or everyone can just keep posting in this one. I can remove the 2021 from the title and I can title it Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - Ongoing

Chicoro

I won't be recreating this thread for 2022. I don't visit often and it isn't super active. If anyone wants to please create a new thread for 2022 or everyone can just keep posting in this one. I can remove the 2021 from the title and I can title it Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - Ongoing
Thanks for the update. I like the annual threads. Those general threads can get too big over time to navigate. I may continue this one in 2022.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My ends are doing so well! My last trim was in July. I’ve been alternating a protein and moisturizing leave in daily. I seal with a drop of my oil blend (castor, coconut, avocado.)

I think I’ll be fine until my next trim in January

Chicoro

@faithVA ,
Thank you for 10 YEARS of the Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge from 2012 to 2021! You are greatly appreciated for keeping our hair ends on track be they full and luscious, or raggedy and thin or something in between. Because of you and this thread, I realized I needed to cultivate another process for my Ends. I was able to have a place to go with my doubts, struggles and successes. Thank you for creating that space for us.

I appreciate you for introducing this lovely challenge. It helped keep me motivated on several occasions. I didn't discover this challenge until 2017. Once I did, I was in! Sometimes, this was the only challenge I posted in, other than the Shea Butter Challenge, which was also related to gaining luscious ends.

Since you have decided to retire from creating this annual challenge, I will do it for 2022! I am going to go ahead and start the one for 2022 because if I don't do it now, I will forget!

Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - 2022 (place holder until 2022)

Last edited: