Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2022

Fine 4s

It is a peptide treatment which is supposed to be a permanent repair of the inner structure of the hair. It is supposed to fix and prevent damage from chemical processes. Regular protein and olaplex type treatments are supposed to be temporary. This is supposed to be permanent.
Just read up on it! Sounds interesting! I’d try it.

faithVA

Just read up on it! Sounds interesting! I’d try it.
I color my hair so I need the extra strengthening. I've tried hard proteins and Olaplex and didn't have much success with them. As my hair gets longer just need to retain as much as I can. I like it so far but it is too early to really know how much it is helping my retention. I do feel like it has helped to keep my hair more hydrated.

faithVA

Be prepared for the price and the teeny tube :eek: :lol:
Yes it is pricey. I think after the initial application process each tube should last close to a year when applied as directed. But I think it is only worth it for damaged hair and if a person really things they need it. I've lost my hair twice, not from coloring but from heat, so I'm willing to pay the price to keep my hair on my head this time around :yep:

But I agree. It is too pricey just to buy it just to try it.

LushLox

Yes it is pricey. I think after the initial application process each tube should last close to a year when applied as directed. But I think it is only worth it for damaged hair and if a person really things they need it. I've lost my hair twice, not from coloring but from heat, so I'm willing to pay the price to keep my hair on my head this time around :yep:

But I agree. It is too pricey just to buy it just to try it.

Oh yeah it's definitely worth it. I still have my first one and I bought that months ago. It's a great maintenance product.

apple_natural

This past week or so, I've sort of steamed a few times. I did well with oiling my scalp and I moisturized it every few days. I like my Macademia Oil brand Moisturizing Rinse since it is pretty much as soft shampoo. I will buy another one. I did sleep without a scarf once. I have missed my vitamins once or twice, but I think I'm doing well in both areas overall.

Today, I washed out the dc that I had on overnight since I didn't take the time to sit under the dryer for the 30 min I was aiming for. I did 15 mins and never went back to it. I feel like it was built up on my scalp, so I washed my scalp in the certain area with the moisturizing rinse. I think its better. I put on a leave in my mom bought and put wild growth oil on my scalp.

The next week, I would like to try henna gloss. I want to buy another Moisturizing Rinse if I can find it. Keep everything up! (note to self :D) Also, I've been seeing things in here about Olaplex. I tried to look into it. I think I may try it. Olaplex 3... I think I will get it.

GGsKin

I washed my two week old press out last night. My hair reverted without additional heat damage. Used Olaplex 1+2 before straightening my hair again. I do notice my hair feels stronger with 1+2 in my arsenal. I'll be investing in K18, as I think my ends need all the help they can get to maintain their structural integrity.

LushLox

I washed my two week old press out last night. My hair reverted without additional heat damage. Used Olaplex 1+2 before straightening my hair again. I do notice my hair feels stronger with 1+2 in my arsenal. I'll be investing in K18, as I think my ends need all the help they can get to maintain their structural integrity.

Hi @GGsKin , can I ask where do you buy your 1+2?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I received a trim last month, which resulted in 1/2” being cut off. That’s one month of growth for me. I think I need a gel that creates a harder cast, so that I can better protect my ends when wearing a WNG. Also, I’m going to increase the application frequency of Aphogee. I currently use it every 6 weeks. I’m going to use it every 4 weeks and see if that helps to protect my ends, along with my weekly use of Olaplex 0/3.

Attachments

• B6BA4227-59D2-41D8-ABD6-FF714C21BED7.jpeg
    B6BA4227-59D2-41D8-ABD6-FF714C21BED7.jpeg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 9D942B47-158B-4C83-A911-315103718BA5.jpeg
    9D942B47-158B-4C83-A911-315103718BA5.jpeg
    757.1 KB · Views: 7

secretdiamond

How comes you're trimming so often, is it damage?
My ends? No. I just believe in regular trimming. I keep my hair in protective styles 100% of the time.
But (unpopular opinion), I'm not of the belief that just because it's in protective styles, the ends won't need maintenance. (not knocking those that do)

Actually, when I grew my hair to WL, I was on a 12 wk/3 month trimming/dusting schedule. Re-growing my hair now, I pushed it to 4 months to see more growth quicker, but now I'm wondering if I should just stick to my old 3 month rule.

My ends aren't damaged. My stylist (who does my protective styles) and her colleagues always comment on how super healthy my hair looks and thick and asking who does my trims (I'm too afraid to say it's just me LOL).
I just like to 'stay ahead' of the splits and trim objectively and thoroughly. That's hard to do when your emotions are involved and you're eager to get back the hair you once had. So, I sometimes trim/dust twice in a row because I feel I can only stomach to take off but so much each time :lol: -- which may not be what I feel is enough to ensure my hair stays healthy.

Basically, I'm paranoid of trimming inadequately and suffering setbacks later because of it. I never want to be back here again. :lol: So, i'd rather take the slower and cautious route. 'Better to be safe than sorry' ideology. My bottom layers should be APL by now, for instance. I just cut them back from collarbone length that I did in December to shoulder length--- letting the top layers catch up some (they are chin length currently).

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
My ends? No. I just believe in regular trimming. I keep my hair in protective styles 100% of the time.
But (unpopular opinion), I'm not of the belief that just because it's in protective styles, the ends won't need maintenance. (not knocking those that do)

Actually, when I grew my hair to WL, I was on a 12 wk/3 month trimming/dusting schedule. Re-growing my hair now, I pushed it to 4 months to see more growth quicker, but now I'm wondering if I should just stick to my old 3 month rule.

My ends aren't damaged. My stylist (who does my protective styles) and her colleagues always comment on how super healthy my hair looks and thick and asking who does my trims (I'm too afraid to say it's just me LOL).
I just like to 'stay ahead' of the splits and trim objectively and thoroughly. That's hard to do when your emotions are involved and you're eager to get back the hair you once had. So, I sometimes trim/dust twice in a row because I feel I can only stomach to take off but so much each time :lol: -- which may not be what I feel is enough to ensure my hair stays healthy.

Basically, I'm paranoid of trimming inadequately and suffering setbacks later because of it. I never want to be back here again. :lol: So, i'd rather take the slower and cautious route. 'Better to be safe than sorry' ideology. My bottom layers should be APL by now, for instance. I just cut them back from collarbone length that I did in December to shoulder length--- letting the top layers catch up some (they are chin length currently).
Your trimming with a plan based upon analysis, with a specific objective in mind. That’s a great way to do it!

Chicoro

I received a trim last month, which resulted in 1/2” being cut off. That’s one month of growth for me. I think I need a gel that creates a harder cast, so that I can better protect my ends when wearing a WNG. Also, I’m going to increase the application frequency of Aphogee. I currently use it every 6 weeks. I’m going to use it every 4 weeks and see if that helps to protect my ends, along with my weekly use of Olaplex 0/3.
Those lovely curls are popping!

LushLox

Oh you know what it is, I read your date wrong! I thought you trimmed on 4th April then the 12th April and then again on your next wash! :lol: It's just that you guys write your dates differently.

A three month trimming schedule is great, I operate on the same basis.

Royalq

I also trim every 3 months or so. Last trim was back in late December and she cut off alot. I realized my hair really doesnt benefit frim long term braids and wigs. Nearly all of my growth had to be cut off.
From December i joined this challenge and havent been as diligent as i should be but better than the way i was. Yesterday i got a trim and my ends were in much better condition and didnt need a deep trim like before. So im happy about that. Seemed like each time a trimmed i would get trimmed back to APL. But its because my ends were always trashed. This time i went from bsl to just above bsl. I need to do better with my ends so that my trim in june will be less

Chicoro

I also trim every 3 months or so. Last trim was back in late December and she cut off alot. I realized my hair really doesnt benefit frim long term braids and wigs. Nearly all of my growth had to be cut off.
From December i joined this challenge and havent been as diligent as i should be but better than the way i was. Yesterday i got a trim and my ends were in much better condition and didnt need a deep trim like before. So im happy about that. Seemed like each time a trimmed i would get trimmed back to APL. But its because my ends were always trashed. This time i went from bsl to just above bsl. I need to do better with my ends so that my trim in june will be less
This is a win. Congratulations!

Chicoro

I messed up.

I rebraided my hair over several weeks without using Shea butter. I lost TONS of hair. It looks the size of a small pet. It was solid and heavy, too. I had so much breakage and lots of shedded hair. To be fair and transparent, I haven't combed my hair in months and coupled with not using Shea butter for my hair, there was a lot of shedded hair I needed to get out. I hope to do better going forward.

Hair loss April 10th 2022 A.jpg

GettingKinky

I messed up.

I rebraided my hair over several weeks without using Shea butter. I lost TONS of hair. It looks the size of a small pet. It was solid and heavy, too. I had so much breakage and lots of shedded hair. To be fair and transparent, I haven't combed my hair in months and coupled with not using Shea butter for my hair, there was a lot of shedded hair I needed to get out. I hope to do better going forward.

View attachment 480077
Are you sure there was breakage? After a month at 50-100 hairs per day, there would be a LOT of shed hair and your hair is really long, so the ball would be big.

Chicoro

Are you sure there was breakage? After a month at 50-100 hairs per day, there would be a LOT of shed hair and your hair is really long, so the ball would be big.
Actually, I haven't combed my hair probably in about 6 months. I use the no comb method. But, this method HAS to be used in conjunction with Shea butter. So, that's about six months of losing hairs and not combing!

snoop

I messed up.

Can I ask why you haven't been rebraiding with Queen Shea? Have you been kicked out of her court? How have you been detangling your hair in the meantime?

Chicoro

Can I ask why you haven't been rebraiding with Queen Shea? Have you been kicked out of her court? How have you been detangling your hair in the meantime?
I went through my butter. Then, I was so busy working long days I didn’t get around to making a batch of my beloved Queen Shea. I’ll make it tomorrow turned into me not making another batch for 3 weeks! Lesson learned.

#NicolaMoments

It is a peptide treatment which is supposed to be a permanent repair of the inner structure of the hair. It is supposed to fix and prevent damage from chemical processes. Regular protein and olaplex type treatments are supposed to be temporary. This is supposed to be permanent.
Wow…never heard of this…will check it out..the inkeylist has a repair bond as well.