• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2022

faithVA

I have been missing in action per usual but still here. I have been in some type of twist since June and enjoying the break. I decided to color my hair this weekend so began the journey yesterday. I shampooed and conditioned yesterday and put my hair in bantu knots to dry. This morning I took my bantu knots out and clipped a lot of splits. Most of them are in the bottom layer which is my finest layer.

I'm happy with my progress. I'm retaining, so I'm happy with that.

apple_natural

Mid-hair week: I put acv water on my scalp, put coconut oil on my ends, sprayed leave-in on my hair and put on shea butter mix. I forgot to do the coconut oil thing on some sections and I think thats why I got a couple of broken strands, but it was just a couple. My goal is to eliminate breakage. I think I'm getting it done

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I un-did my braids and put some olive oil on each section. I removed the shed hair with my fingers. I came across a photo of my hair in an elongated style. I am relieved to see that my current length is about the same.

My hormones must be undergoing some changes. I said that because the texture of my hair is changing again. It's becoming coarser and that means I want to continue to be attentive to the needs of my hair. I have horrible melasma on my face and am noticing that is receding without me doing in special intervention or treatments. I mention the melasma because it too is impacted by hormones.

I'm taking it one day at a time. I'll see where it takes me December 2022.