• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2022

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I just washed my hair and my hair felt great. Not soft, mushy or stretchy at all. I did do a bond treatment and a protein treatment though. I brushed through my hair and barely got any breakage. The baggy is a winner for me!
Congratulations! What is on your hair for the baggie method? Do you keep your hair wet? How long do you leave on your baggie each day? How many days do you leave it on? What is your leave in? What is your sealant? How is the hair styled in a pony a braid, braids? How do you know it is working? What is different?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Congratulations!
What is on your hair for the baggie method? Right now I'm using a thick buttery cream and sealing with grease daily.

Do you keep your hair wet?
My hair stays damp

How long do you leave on your baggie each day?
I only baggy at night

How many days do you leave it on?
6 days a week. the day I wash my hair I do not baggy the ends

What is your leave in?
I use either Camille Rose Curlaide or As I Am Double butter Cream

What is your sealant?
Blue Magic hair grease

How is the hair styled in a pony a braid, braids?
I use a mesh donut bun former to keep my ends stretched and put a pony tail on top of it

How do you know it is working?

I moisturize and seal daily and check for broken stands. I see very few.

What is different?

I think baggying only at night helps with my hair not staying too wet and prevents an odor from developing

Chicoro

I Need to Beware of Velcro Ends:

If I end up with ends that feel, look and/or act like velcro at the end of my wash and condition process, then, I've not been successful. I have re-discovered that I have to add oil in almost every step, even in the shampoo process.

• Tonight, I added hot oil to my dry, dirty hair. Then I added a freshly made flax seed gel to lubricate and give it slip.
  • Then, I washed with a cream baby body and hair wash. No oil was added to the body wash. After the rinse, my ends started to feel like velcro. Danger!
  • I did a hot oil rinse. Added essential oils to warm hazel nut oil. Pulled that through my hair and the velcro feeling left. Rinsed it out with hot water.
  • Then, I added a heaping tablespoon of pure Shea butter to my conditioner, which I melted over heat, along with honey and olive oil to that conditioner. I applied the mixture to my head. I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes with a plastic cap. Velcro ends disappeared again.
Photos are of my hair at the first step: Oiled dry, dirty hair with warmed oil. Then, put flax seed gel over that and let it sit. My hair looked and felt deeply, moisturized.

I've never used flax seed gel as a pre-poo before. I wanted extreme slip so I can STOP ripping and breaking my ends. It worked well this time.
My hair just laid down like a gentle kitten.

No comb was used to detangle. It was 95% finger detangled with a brush and toothbrush to smooth down the hair when I styled it in my 5 braid ponytail, which I will wear for the whole week.

It took a SUPER long time to do my hair. I was heating oils, making gel and oiling before and after washing. Lots of work, but it made a big difference.

Hair Dry Oil with Flax Gel Nov 27th 2022 A.jpegHair Dry Oil with Flax Gel Nov 27th 2022 B.jpegHair Dry Oil with Flax Gel Nov 27th 2022 C.jpeg

Last edited:

Chicoro

What is on your hair for the baggie method? Right now I'm using a thick buttery cream and sealing with grease daily.

Do you keep your hair wet?
My hair stays damp

How long do you leave on your baggie each day?
I only baggy at night

How many days do you leave it on?
6 days a week. the day I wash my hair I do not baggy the ends

What is your leave in?
I use either Camille Rose Curlaide or As I Am Double butter Cream

What is your sealant?
Blue Magic hair grease

How is the hair styled in a pony a braid, braids?
I use a mesh donut bun former to keep my ends stretched and put a pony tail on top of it

How do you know it is working?

I moisturize and seal daily and check for broken stands. I see very few.

What is different?

I think baggying only at night helps with my hair not staying too wet and prevents an odor from developing
Thank you for making the time to answer my questions in detail. And the formatting of the responses is so pretty! I appreciate the information and responses.