Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2023

What would you like to address and improve as it relates to having luscious, healthy ends?

• Breakage

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Thinness

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Unevenness

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Split Ends

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Dryness

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Roughness

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Knots

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Dullness

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Microtrimming allows me access to the shorter hairs that are covered by my longer hairs, versus dusting just concentrates on your ends. I will post the video in the 2024 thread.
So so true that dusting just concentrates on the ends. I would have NEVER thought of micro trimming myself. In addition to that, had I not seen the incredible results you had, I would not have believed it could be effective or worth considering. You have changed my perspective and the proof of the pudding is the unbelievable amount of healthy, jaw dropping beautiful hair you retained in 2023. Facts.

I am a poor, terrible trimmer of my own hair. Your process that you introduced us to in this challenge, gives me hope for myself. I think I have had an another paradigm shift as it relates to my hair. First @snoop and clays, now you and micro trims. It’s just too much knowledge up in these internet, hair board, challenge, thread, posts e-streets.

snoop

So so true that dusting just concentrates on the ends. I would have NEVER thought of micro trimming myself. In addition to that, had I not seen the incredible results you had, I would not have believed it could be effective or worth considering. You have changed my perspective and the proof of the pudding is the unbelievable amount of healthy, jaw dropping beautiful hair you retained in 2023. Facts.

I am a poor, terrible trimmer of my own hair. Your process that you introduced us to in this challenge, gives me hope for myself. I think I have had an another paradigm shift as it relates to my hair. First @snoop and clays, now you and micro trims. It’s just too much knowledge up in these internet, hair board, challenge, thread, posts e-streets.

Hopefully, it's ok to chime in.

For me, my trims are probably a combination of trimming and dusting since I trim in mini twists. If I were to unravel, I may get anywhere between an inch (which is always so much smaller than I think) to 1/2 inch or less of hair that is cut in any one section.

When I microtrim, I think about it less like "trimming" and more like "filing my nails". I'm just grazing my ends. I do this on loose hair in the shower and the process is kinda like curly cutting, but without the shaping. With my hair wet, I can see where my hair coils, so I'll count about 2 or 3 coils up from the ends and then cut there. I have 4c hair so think about 2 or 3 coils of a pen spring. It's tiny. And almost looks like broken hair. I've been doing this in between the bigger dusting sessions. So if I use the nail analogy again, it would be like trimming my nails every quarter, then filing my nails weekly. I haven't had a proper hair cut since I started my hair journey (more than 2 inches, but my hair has broken more than that when I've had my setbacks).

ETA: I'm using the estimate of 1/16th of an inch as per the Morocco Method.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Oooh! After watching this video, I realize that it's like a giant spin pin! I want one! It also looks like it would be comfortable to wear.
It is JUST like a giant spin pin and that is how I found it. One day I was searching for spin pins and those came up in the search. I have been buying and using them ever since. They can be a bit expensive, but I love them and find them worth it. I planned on just getting one or 2 now I have a lot of them lol.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
It is JUST like a giant spin pin and that is how I found it. One day I was searching for spin pins and those came up in the search. I have been buying and using them ever since. They can be a bit expensive, but I love them and find them worth it. I planned on just getting one or 2 now I have a lot of them lol.
So...ahm...

How many you got?