Lush Caca Mama Hair Henna anyone?

ebonysweetie

Has anyone tried these? I've used Henna a few times and the pj in me found this intriguing. They come with oils, coffee, cocoa butter etc already mixed in and solidified to give you the color or tint that you're looking for (this is their claim). Individuals in the store told me that they mix bars to get certain results as well. I was wondering if any of you ladies have heard or tried these and if so what was your experience. Below are the descriptions, instructions and link to their site:

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/henna-hair-dyes

[FONT=&quot]Infuses mousy hair with a rich, brown shine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Caca Brun is a spiced brown henna to give your hair a deep brown gloss with ground coffee added to deepen the color. We use nettles for extra shine. While the henna is working on your color, the nettle powder helps to condition your scalp. This Caca is for those who want to give their mousy brown hair a deeper, more defined color and have it shine like a well-buffed teak tabletop. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For shiny, chestnut tresses[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Caca Marron's combination of red henna, indigo and ground coffee, spiced with clove bud oil, gives your hair the dark red glow of conkers fresh from the horse chestnut tree. Marron is French for chestnut, by the way, hence the name. Washing off Caca Marron and waiting for your hair to dry to see what it looks like is almost as exciting as waiting for presents on your birthday[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For deep, blue-black or dark burgundy hair[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Caca Noir (as in black) is for the darkest effect possible. Its combination of indigo with just a touch of red henna that gives a blue tint to your hair if the henna is allowed to air dry, or a redder hue if you cover your hair in plastic wrap. Cocoa butter helps the Caca stick to hair which means that you get more shine than with your average henna powder. Spicy clove bud oil is used in India for love potions but we use it to make your hair smell lovely.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Turns hair a bright, healthy red[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Want shiny red tresses without frying your hair in ammonia-based dyes? Caca Rouge (as in red) might not look like a pretty product (and some say its wet hay smell isn't too pretty either), but after you rinse it out you have healthy locks that are radically red -- especially in the sunlight! With clove bud oil to give it a spicy scent, plus lemon juice and rosemary to add glossy shine, Caca Rouge attracts attention

[/FONT]How to Use

1. Cut henna up into small pieces and put in a heatproof bowl.
2. Add hot water and let steep. Mix to a yogurt-like consistency.
3. Put on gloves and apply from back to front, coating hair thoroughly.
4. Cover in cling wrap for a more vibrant red. Leave on for one to six hours.
5. Rinse, shampoo, and condition hair.
Tips: Always do a strand test first. Use face cream (or Ultra Bland) around your hairline and ears to protect skin. Wrap hair in cling film for a redder color. For darker, richer colors, leave on longer (up to six hours).

Nita81

Yes I've tried the Noir. It's great for those who want a darker color and don't trust themselves with indigo....like myself.

ebonysweetie

Yes I've tried the Noir. It's great for those who want a darker color and don't trust themselves with indigo....like myself.

I was trying to decide between the Noir and the Marron. How is it compared to other hennas? Especially with the shine?

discobiscuits

there's a thread or two around here about Lush Noir and Marron b/c i think it was mine LOL.

i was trying to decide that a YEAR ago hee hee. never did it. i decided FOR ME too much work.

Nita81

I was trying to decide between the Noir and the Marron. How is it compared to other hennas? Especially with the shine?

The prep work!!! You have to grate it with a cheese grater. You use hot water instead of boiling. The shine factor is the same IMO. I alternate between Lush and Karishma.

RoseGolden

Love love love Lush Hennas. I've used Caca Noir for a while. Beautiful shine, beautiful dark color and it is much easier and less time consuming than doing a two-step henna and indigo. The grating is not too bad, its not much more work than any other henna process.

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

Love love love Lush Hennas. I've used Caca Noir for a while. Beautiful shine, beautiful dark color and it is much easier and less time consuming than doing a two-step henna and indigo. The grating is not too bad, its not much more work than any other henna process.

I agree. I just did one last night and really loved my results.
It only took me a couple of min to grate my henna, only used 2 blocks (out of the 6) on my TWA.

My only con would be it took me a while to wash out the "little bits", but I will definately use it again!

Zaz

I just can't get over the name, lol. I can't imagine telling my mom I'm dying my hair caca brun :lachen:(which translates to "brown sh!t" in English:blush:) It seems like a very odd and unappealing choice of a name product, I actually clicked on the thread thinking it was a joke.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
^^^^^ Caca noir = black ish!

If I henna'ed I don't know if I could use it based on the name. Especially if one of my relatives saw it. I could never live this one down.

Looks like a good product though :)