LUSH H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Moisturizer - Anyone Try?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have this in my hair now as a hair treatment. It smells just like cinnamon or a Chai Latte and it not too thick but it's very creamy. Anyone out there tried this product? What was your experience? TIA!

Fresh Bay Infusion (Laurus nobilis), Fresh Watercress Infusion (Nasturtium officinale), Fresh Free Range Eggs, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima), Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Lanolin, Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia), Lecithin, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. </I>How To Use:

Apply to dry hair, starting from the roots and working your way to the ends. Leave on for a minimum of 20 minutes and then rinse out. Shampoo and condition as normal.

tricie

Hey there, January! :wavey:

I haven't used the product, but it does sound very yummy! I also just wanted to say hi and hope all is going well; hadn't e-chatted with you in a minute! :grin:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I haven't used it before but is sound delish :lick: Keep me posted

Will do Gym! OT: I LOVE your new siggy. You are a "Cutie Patootie!" :yep:

So far i've rinsed, oil washed and applied Capilo Avocado and I can STILL smell the cinnamon from the H'Suan...many of the reviews on the LUSH website for this product say you can smell the cinnamon days later... :look:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Sorry I havent heard of that, it looks pretty lush though. What is that Japanese?

Yes, the name is Japanese but it doesn't say what it means if anything.
Have you heard of LUSH cosmetics? They make natural soaps, bubble bath, powders, hair and other bath and body products.

It's www.lush.com

I have purchased some interesting things from them and I like them very much so far. This is the first hair product I've tried. There are a few posts about it on LHCF.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Hey there, January! :wavey:

I haven't used the product, but it does sound very yummy! I also just wanted to say hi and hope all is going well; hadn't e-chatted with you in a minute! :grin:

Hi Tricie Luv! :grin:
All is going well! How 'bout you? We sure haven't chatted in a spell!
Will get to you soon...

Yeah, I'm having a home spa day; hair and feet all baggied up while I'm sipping my Vermont Cocktail with the TV on and shopping online...
God is good...
:yep:
Check back here later to see if H'Suan is good or not!

Evazhair

I am getting some of this and there's another one when I use up some of this stuff I have.The ingredients are good and I heard that in Georgetown store this is one they have trouble keeping in stock.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I am getting some of this and there's another one when I use up some of this stuff I have.The ingredients are good and I heard that in Georgetown store this is one they have trouble keeping in stock.

Really? Now that's what I want to hear! :grin:

TwistNMx

Oh no, I sense my PJ coming out....again :lol:
Thanks for sharing....gonna have to check it out ya know. :sekret:
HP

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Ladies,

Here is my review: Grade C+

The smell is very comforting if you like cinnamon. The scent was eventually displaced when I used the Capilo Avocado Conditioner as the final conditioner.

I can't tell the effects of H'Suan because I used Capilo and it's conditioning properties overpowers everything so I could not tell if H'Suan made a difference.

I will have to use it some more before I can reaally tell. I will use it again and finish the jar (It wasn't cheap). In the meantime, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Not a hit nor miss.

I'll be back...

ToyToy

I think the name means "The God of Hair" or something similar (I read it in Lush Times).
I used it when I was relaxed and once when I turned natural. I quite liked it when I was relaxed because it made my hair really smooth and moisturised and easy to comb through. I used it again as a natural, and I wasn't impressed at all.
Also, I think it has Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (if I'm not mistaking) as do most or all of their conditioners. I never understood that! :ohwell:

Edited for spelling.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I think the name means "The God of Hair" or something similar (I read it in Lush Times).
I used it when I was relaxed and once when I turned natural. I quite liked it when I was relaxed because it made my hair really smooth and moisturised and easy to comb through. I used it again as a natural, and I wasn't impressed at all.
Also, I think it has Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (if I'm not mistaking) as do most or all of their conditioners. I never understood that! :ohwell:

Edited for spelling.

Thanks ToyToy (love your screen name)!

I have the LUSH Times book. I should have looked it up. Thanks for verifing what the name means. :yep:

Yes, I noticed it too, but I am not one who avoids mineral oil, lanolin and other ingredients that are considered "bad" on here, so I didn't let it stop me from purchasing. A lot of products I use have all these ingredients and they work great on my hair.

Have you tried the Jasmine & Henna Fluff-Eaze? The ingredients sound delish...and it makes your hair smell great (too good according to some).

Red Henna Infusion (Lawsonia inermis), Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Benzyl Alcohol, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Hemp Oil (Cannabis sativa), Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Hey sweetheart! :kiss:

I missed you and hope things are better. This product sounds good, but I really can't buy anything else. My spending has been out of control and I haven't even finished my Christmas shopping yet.

Still, I'm interested in this product. Where can you get it. I ain't gonna buy it. Just curious. :sekret:

Nita81

Thanks ToyToy (love your screen name)!

I have the LUSH Times book. I should have looked it up. Thanks for verifing what the name means. :yep:

Yes, I noticed it too, but I am not one who avoids mineral oil, lanolin and other ingredients that are considered "bad" on here, so I didn't let it stop me from purchasing. A lot of products I use have all these ingredients and they work great on my hair.

Have you tried the Jasmine & Henna Fluff-Eaze? The ingredients sound delish...and it makes your hair smell great (too good according to some).

Red Henna Infusion (Lawsonia inermis), Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Benzyl Alcohol, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Brazil Nut Oil (Bertholletia Excelsa), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Hemp Oil (Cannabis sativa), Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

I tried the Jasmine&Henna Fluff -Eaze based on the recommendations of one of the employees. I like it. My hair feels smooth, moisturized and shiny. It's a little on the expensive side for only 7-8oz of product. The smell is a little strong for me but it disappears after awhile.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I tried the Jasmine&Henna Fluff -Eaze based on the recommendations of one of the employees. I like it. My hair feels smooth, moisturized and shiny. It's a little on the expensive side for only 7-8oz of product. The smell is a little strong for me but it disappears after awhile.

Hi Nita! Glad to know you liked it. I have fine/thin hair. Do you think it would work for me as well? I have it in my LUSH Wish List and will buy it if you think it's good. I don't worry so much about the price.

Nita81

Hi Nita! Glad to know you liked it. I have fine/thin hair. Do you think it would work for me as well? I have it in my LUSH Wish List and will buy it if you think it's good. I don't worry so much about the price.

I think it will work for you. Are you purchasing online or in the store? If you do purchase from the store and you don't like it you can return it. I would like to try the H'suan Wen Hua too.

OT: I really like the Love Lettuce Bio masks! My face feels fab!:lick:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I think it will work for you. Are you purchasing online or in the store? If you do purchase from the store and you don't like it you can return it. I would like to try the H'suan Wen Hua too.

OT: I really like the Love Lettuce Bio masks! My face feels fab!:lick:

I have only purchased online, but I searched for LUSH stores and I found they have one at one at a mall just down the highway from me.

I was checking out the masks in LUSH Times! I think I will take a trip to the store and purchase; I have a hankering for the Cupcake, The Sacred Truth and the BB Seaweed.

Thanks Nita81! :grin:

Nita81

I have only purchased online, but I searched for LUSH stores and I found they have one at one at a mall just down the highway from me.

I was checking out the masks in LUSH Times! I think I will take a trip to the store and purchase; I have a hankering for the Cupcake, The Sacred Truth and the BB Seaweed.

Thanks Nita81! :grin:

I tried the BB Seaweed...it was okay the seaweed chunks were annoying! I love the Love Lettuce! I want to try Cupcake for my pimples. I also want to try Brazen Honey(I think that's the name).

Ooooh the henna blocks are devine! It takes a bit to grate it with a cheese grater but I think it's worth it. I tried Caca Brun.

ETA: Ummm not to be a Lush pusher or anything but also check out the massage bars too. Mange Too is awesome! And the Candy Fluff powder.:yep:

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I tried the BB Seaweed...it was okay the seaweed chunks were annoying! I love the Love Lettuce! I want to try Cupcake for my pimples. I also want to try Brazen Honey(I think that's the name).

Ooooh the henna blocks are devine! It takes a bit to grate it with a cheese grater but I think it's worth it. I tried Caca Brun.

Girl, you make me want to put on my clothes, hop in the car, run down/up Route 1 and go to Menlo Park Mall.

I was dying to try the henna (Caca Noir) but I buy my henna and indigo from Henna Sooq and Mehandi. I have purposely stayed away from store-bought henna, but after your recommendation, I might have to try it!

Hummph...maybe I'll ask boyfriend for a gift certificate from LUSH for Christmas...

On second thought, maybe I better forget about it going to the store...I've already spent over $150 on LUSH products (online) in November and the first week of December.
:nono:
I can't begin to imagine the damage I would do to my budget going to the store....

Have you tried the Volcano and Pied De Piper foot treatments? KILLER! :yep: Also the Buffy Body Butter? Got rid of some serious rough skin I had on my lower buttock (TMI). Used to feel like chicken skin, but now it's smooth as a baby's bottom! No lie...

keluric

I came across that product on the internet the other day. I ordered it. It was like $15 + shipping on Amazon.com. Can't wait to try it.

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I came across that product on the internet the other day. I ordered it. It was like $15 + shipping on Amazon.com. Can't wait to try it.

The H'Suan was sold on Amazon? Any other products from LUSH on there Keluric?

ETA: I see them now on Amazon. Thanks!

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
The ingredients list free range eggs. I am going to presume that this moisturizer has light protein as well?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
^^^ No one came back with an answer. Bumping for one anyway.

Also, I tried the H'Suan Wen Hua again tonight and surprisingly I liked it much better this time!

I don't know how or why, but it was quite moisturizing and made my hair really smooth and silky...

It looks like you get 3 treatments per jar and after this treatment, I have one more.

Next weekend will help me determine if this is a hit or not.

Evazhair

Hey sweetheart! :kiss:

I missed you and hope things are better. This product sounds good, but I really can't buy anything else. My spending has been out of control and I haven't even finished my Christmas shopping yet.

Still, I'm interested in this product. Where can you get it. I ain't gonna buy it. Just curious. :sekret:

Lush store in georgetwn on M