LUSH R&B Moisturizer

SmilingElephant

Okay....(insert Big Sean's "Hol' Up"s here):lol:

I just got back from Lush (since i just moved back to the city i'm trippin that i'm so close to all these places now:grin:)....i went and browsed...i was gonna get a shampoo bar....but then i eyeballed the conditioners...and the chick that works there came up and pointed out this heaven of stuff in a jar!

OMG....R & B....who on here has used it....is using it?

I didn't buy it but she gave me a sample...and that thing should last me a week after she showed me how little i needed per use...honestly a freakin dab!

But its SO moisturizing and it smells SO good like...gardenias and pineapple or something....frilly pineapples:lachen:....the only thing that kept me from buying it right away was the price...so i'll be using the sample on my hair til it runs out...if i still like it...i'm SO getting it!

After i left there i ran to Sephora to test out the Carol's Daughter Margerite's Magic (sp?)...i kinda like that too.:lick:...but the R&B ya'll...the smellllll:infatuated:....its amazing!!!

Anybody here incorporate Lush's products into there regimen on the regular? There stuff looks good! Like...to treat yourself with at least.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I picked this up a few weeks ago. The scent is luscious. :yep: I only used a little bit on my ends but not enough to know if it's a keeper or not. I will check it out later though. I've just finished a LUSH Caca Noir treatment. Love it.

kupenda

I love my R&B! I use it all the time. Used it this morning. I plan to use my 15% coupon on a jar of R&B. And it's true, you really don't need a lot. And sometimes I like to mix it with my Bear Fruit desert moisturizer. I seal it with jojoba or Vatika Frosting. Castor oil in the winter.

I originally was really upset abt the price. I was introduced to it by davisbr88 in the LUSH store. I couldn't get with $20 for such a small jar. But I've changed my mind and will surely be picking some up soon

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kupenda

Oh. And my favorite shampoo is the Trichomania shampoo bar. Lovelovelove. Smells like coconut!

naijamerican

Thanks for the heads up! :yep: I've always wondered about Lush's hair products. I mean, they seem to be pretty on point with everything else, so I assumed that their hair stuff would be good, too, but I've been too chicken and broke to try it. :yep: :lol:

SmilingElephant

I love my R&B! I use it all the time. Used it this morning. I plan to use my 15% coupon on a jar of R&B. And it's true, you really don't need a lot. And sometimes I like to mix it with my Bear Fruit desert moisturizer. I seal it with jojoba or Vatika Frosting. Castor oil in the winter.

I originally was really upset abt the price. I was introduced to it by davisbr88 in the LUSH store. I couldn't get with $20 for such a small jar. But I've changed my mind and will surely be picking some up soon

Come again!! A coupon....but...how?:grin:

SN: Has anybody tried there Jungle conditioner? it's a solid conditioner....i loved the way that smelled too....i know when i go back to Lush i'm gonna do some serious damage to my wallet:yep: lol....i wanna try their American Cream conditioner too.

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

I love H'Suan Wen Hua and Jasmine and Henna Fluff Ease.
Trichomania, Jungle and Retread get a thumbs DOWN :nono:
R&B is too expensive for a mediocre result. Hairveda is better. I didn't really like it, but if you want to try anything at Lush, just ask for a sample. The will give you a bit of anything.
Angels on Bare Skin and Dark Angels facial cleansers are the BEST.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

SN: Has anybody tried there Jungle conditioner? it's a solid conditioner....i loved the way that smelled too....i know when i go back to Lush i'm gonna do some serious damage to my wallet:yep: lol....i wanna try their American Cream conditioner too.

The scent of this is to die for. It's one of my favorites, but not for performance, but for the smell.

kupenda

I have the jungle solid conditioner. I hate it!!!! You can have it if you want it. It never showed up on my hair no matter what I did. I heard American Cream was a waste of money but smelled fabulous.

I got my coupon from a Christmas gift. They have boxed sets. I got one for Christmas last year. A coupon was in it. I'm gonna stock up on them on the days after Christmas. They're half off! And still come with a coupon

melissa-bee

I tried a sample of rnb and I wasn't impressed. It felt like any other commercial moisturiser, even the ingredients are the same. What shampoo bar did you get? I want to get the Jumping Juniper one.

lovebug10

I got a sample randomly a few weeks ago and I finally used it today. The sample is a teensy amount however, It will last a while. The product is THICK. Like if I turn it upside down it will not come out the jar. However it spreads so thin which allows me to use it without weighing down my hair too much. I think I'm going to buy the full size.

I don't typically like thicker moisturizers but I realized that they work better on my air dryed hair (which I've been doing a lot more of) and I think that thicker products protect my ends better during buns.

I rate 4 stars out of 5. Unlike the previous posters I HATE the smell. It smells like carmex to me which I don't like. However, the smell doesn't linger at all so by the time its in my hair I don't notice it.

Any other ladies liking LUSH products? I like natural lines and LUSH is so convenient because its in all the malls at home and near school so I don't have to order online.

SmilingElephant

I STILL have that jar of R&B!:lol:

It won't die!!! I still like it...the smell is still nice but...i don't know why..but my nose is now overwhelmed by it. I've been trying to use it up as a leave in....but alas...i don't need much product...so i'm still not winning ( ._.) hmph.

I DID go in LUSH this weekend and restocked on my Ice Blue soap and a chunk of Karma.:love: I also got a small chunk of Honey I Shrunk the Kids soap but i gave it to my sister. I want to go back and repurchase that one, a bigger chunk of Karma and i want to try their Bohemian and Porridge soaps. I seriously LOVE their soaps! They make me happy:)...Ice Blue smells great and has this cooling effect...perfect for this hot weather!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I got a sample randomly a few weeks ago and I finally used it today. The sample is a teensy amount however, It will last a while. The product is THICK. Like if I turn it upside down it will not come out the jar. However it spreads so thin which allows me to use it without weighing down my hair too much. I think I'm going to buy the full size.

I don't typically like thicker moisturizers but I realized that they work better on my air dryed hair (which I've been doing a lot more of) and I think that thicker products protect my ends better during buns.

I rate 4 stars out of 5. Unlike the previous posters I HATE the smell. It smells like carmex to me which I don't like. However, the smell doesn't linger at all so by the time its in my hair I don't notice it.

Any other ladies liking LUSH products? I like natural lines and LUSH is so convenient because its in all the malls at home and near school so I don't have to order online.

There are a ton of Lush lovers on the forum. I created a thread about 2 years or more that is pretty big. Search for it if you want to read it. It's got 400 posts!

Embyra

I bought this a while ago Lord does it stink!!!

The smell is just overwhelming and If you have super thick hair don't expect that tiny jar to last a long time

For the cost and size of the product I won't try it again

jareya

I have a jar of R&B but haven't tried it yet, will give it a try soon.

I really like LUSH - I use their henna (Noir & Brun) for my monthly henna treatments (my hair loves it - it's stronger, more moisturised and retaining length like crazy since I started the treatments) and their face/body products (I love Fresh Farmacy - great for my blemish-prone skin, Porridge (fabulous), Honey I Shrunk The Kids...).

Their shampoos have SLS, so beware if your hair doesn't like sulfates... having said that, my hair usually hates sulfates but loves the LUSH Trichomania shampoo bar and Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo... go figure.

lovebug10

So last night I put the R&B on my ends and sealed with my mix of EVOO & Hairveda Vatika Frosting.... It seems so soft and shiny at first. Today I took down the french braids to redo since they got messy. i only finger combed and applied some to my ends a little t the lengths (hair is pretty moisturized so it doesn't need much). I just want to ensure I'm keeping my ends moist. I sealed with the same oil combo as before. However I was noticing little broken hairs... not many but enough fo rme to be concerned. I hope its not this product because I really wanted this to be a staple.

kupenda

So last night I put the R&B on my ends and sealed with my mix of EVOO & Hairveda Vatika Frosting.... It seems so soft and shiny at first. Today I took down the french braids to redo since they got messy. i only finger combed and applied some to my ends a little t the lengths (hair is pretty moisturized so it doesn't need much). I just want to ensure I'm keeping my ends moist. I sealed with the same oil combo as before. However I was noticing little broken hairs... not many but enough for me to be concerned. I hope its not this product because I really wanted this to be a staple.

I believe there is protein in R&B. Are you protein sensitive at all?

kupenda

I still have that bar of Jungle conditioner. Still hate it. I only have a small amount of trichomania left. I use it as a second shampoo, if i ever need it which is rare. One lather of my HG is usually enough. Jasmine and Henna Fluff Ease and that Hsua something or other were nice. But I can more uses out of larger products for the same price and longer expiration dates.
Just in case anyone has considered it DO NOT USE CURLY WURLY SHAMPOO. It is NOT for curly hair. I use it on my straight haired dog :nono:
It has chunks of cocnut or somnething in it and they got stuck in my curls and kinks. Getting it out, even after rinsing and detangling, was hot hell on wheels. My mom came up behind me and was like "eww!". apparently, even my comb couldnt get the weird chunks out. I bought it as a relaxed head and had only SLIGHTLY better results. that stuff is the debil

Krystle~Hime

Ive just tried R&B and I LOVE IT.
Hair is shiny, (i was really surprised) but not greasy (usually only oil brings shine so that was awesome to not have a greasy sheen)
very soft to touch and moisturized til the end.

it was a sample. so i was going to say lets check online how much is it ! lets purchase that awesome ish ....... WHAT 20€ for 100gr ????? *closingpage*

rririla

I have it and I love it....I also use the henna(caca noir) and the dark angels charcoal mask...I am lush head!!!!!!

Fab_Nikki

I used two of their facial products. The hair products were a bit pricey. I REALLY like the store though.

SmilingElephant

Krystle~Hime said:
Ive just tried R&B and I LOVE IT.
Hair is shiny, (i was really surprised) but not greasy (usually only oil brings shine so that was awesome to not have a greasy sheen)
very soft to touch and moisturized til the end.

it was a sample. so i was going to say lets check online how much is it ! lets purchase that awesome ish ....... WHAT 20€ for 100gr ????? *closingpage*

Lol!!! Yes...its pricey..but i have had my jar since last fall!

I smell like Karma right now and im sad that its all gone :(

...i need to make another lush trip:grin:...i want enough Karma soap to last me a month!:D

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Last edited:

Maguerite

Did nothing for my hair and OMG the aroma was so overpowering I would get a headache each time I used it. No bueno.

Sent from my iPhone

empressri

the h'suan wen hua....OMG...the scent was different but I grew to love it and then I wanted more!!! But it is soo expensive. BUT MY GOD MY HAIR WAS SOFT!!! SOFT SOFT SOFT I couldn't believe it. I have...hell it was this other conditioner that I liked too.

Never tried the r&b

candita

I'm resuscitating this thread.

I just bought a container because I'm traveling and forgot hair moisturizer (shame, I know, shame on me). I LOVE it. Yes, it's $20-something for 3 oz but it takes so little to moisturize my ends. I literally skim my finger lightly across the top and that's plenty. This jar will last me for a long time!

snookes

Okay....(insert Big Sean's "Hol' Up"s here):lol:

I just got back from Lush (since i just moved back to the city i'm trippin that i'm so close to all these places now:grin:)....i went and browsed...i was gonna get a shampoo bar....but then i eyeballed the conditioners...and the chick that works there came up and pointed out this heaven of stuff in a jar!

OMG....R & B....who on here has used it....is using it?

I didn't buy it but she gave me a sample...and that thing should last me a week after she showed me how little i needed per use...honestly a freakin dab!

But its SO moisturizing and it smells SO good like...gardenias and pineapple or something....frilly pineapples:lachen:....the only thing that kept me from buying it right away was the price...so i'll be using the sample on my hair til it runs out...if i still like it...i'm SO getting it!

After i left there i ran to Sephora to test out the Carol's Daughter Margerite's Magic (sp?)...i kinda like that too.:lick:...but the R&B ya'll...the smellllll:infatuated:....its amazing!!!

Anybody here incorporate Lush's products into there regimen on the regular? There stuff looks good! Like...to treat yourself with at least.
Smells awesome doesn't it I mix half of it in my shea butter mixture for the fragrance as well as the properties, not not mention it makes the product go further

Last edited: