M-T-G smell...Any solutions to kill/mask it?

MysTori

There have been alot of complaints about the smell of M-T-G. As a matter of fact, that's the major con of using it. I have just ordered a 32 oz. bottle b/c of all the wonderful results I've read. Regardless of the smell, I'll always have my mane, not so sure about my man!:scratchch Anyway, I know that I will be using it soon, so if any of you have found ways to kill/mask the smell, let's put it out there on this thread.

Also, when I went to the Shapley website to place my order, I read the instructions for how to apply it. I know this is for a horse, but it says to wash and use as a leave in for better results, then "bag it" (hmmm baggie method?).
Any of you gals do that?
If so, what are the results?
If not, what is your M-T-G regimen?

We need pictures/comments ladies! The proof is in the picture...or is that pudding? Well, since there's no pudding, post a pic if possible!;)

TIA for your advice!

I can't use it because of that smell. I don't think it is possible to totally mask it. It will still linger. Some ladies use it on wet hair and they say that seems to help.

I've been using it off and on since February '05. I've found for me personally, It's best applied to wet hair, the scent diminishes a LOT more than if it's applied to dry hair.

Lately, I've been using TIGI Dumb Blonde Tropical Scent Conditioner as a leave in when bunning, this makes the smell all but undetectable and it leaves my hair nicely conditioned.

HTH.

A couple of drop of essential oil does a good job (rosemary & lavender). What I do is pour a little bit in a different container (enough to oil my scalp); add 2 drop each of the rosemary and lavender in the container. After greasing my scalp, I pour a little of African's Best carrot & tea tree oil in my hand and rub it on my hair. I have to say, I only use MTG twice a week, but I use the African Best oil everyday to keep my ends moisturize.

I used the African Prides six oils to mask the smell. I had to stop using it due to the allergic reaction I caught from it my husband is throwing it in the toilet.

Thanks for your replies ladies. Oh, and CandiceC, I checked out the link. There are so many pages that I haven't even gotten to that yet. I guess I'll do a search next time before I ask the question. No need for duplicates...right?:perplexed

Back