Macherieamour Your Hair is Gorgeous

Shalilac

Macherie,

Missy is gorgeous! I luv cocker spaniels! I used to style my hair like my dogs ears. Part it down the middle and do a braid-out. My hubby thought I had an unhealthy relationship with my pooch, but I luv'd that dog! LOL Gorgeous hair also!

Sweet C

She and her hair is gorgeous. :notworthy
I see why it takes a while to dry. Your hair is beautiful and thick!

macherieamour

THanks guys! Promise more pics this weekend. I think I may have tried Phyto and had the same problem. I swear, I think im allergic to relaxers. Has anyone tried Affirm Sensitive Scalp? Or have any idea to stop the burn? I heard oiling your scalp with castor oil helps???

senimoni

MCA - Nothing new to add, but yeah...your hair is ALL A DAT and some more. I will most def be adding you to my albums to stalk list.

senimoni

macherieamour said:
THanks guys! Promise more pics this weekend. I think I may have tried Phyto and had the same problem. I swear, I think im allergic to relaxers. Has anyone tried Affirm Sensitive Scalp? Or have any idea to stop the burn? I heard oiling your scalp with castor oil helps???

Are you a scratcher or just that sensitive?? I used to use some purple gel/goo the hairdresser has ...don't know the name..I have found that to be helpful, it didn't get rid of the burn, but it wasn't till the end...Its a relaxer base of some sort, worked better than vasoline for me esp if I let it marinate on the head for 20 mins or so.

DatJerseyDyme

macherieamour said:

I use Mizani Mild and the first time I used it - no base, it burned the heck out of me. Now, the day before my relaxer, I grease my scalp and then right before I base with Protect-o or some kind of base from sallys. It's an orange product with a vaseline like consistency. Now, it's the only thing that DOESN'T burn me!

But Mizani does make a sensitive scalp relaxer (it's no-lye..don't know if that makes a difference to you). :)

Bmm

Your hair is very pretty....you kind of remind me of Toni Braxton in your avatar pic.

macherieamour

Hmm I may have to try that Protecto. I try not to scratch or pull my hair back but nothing seems work :wallbash:

A pox upon you, relaxer! :mad:

Shalilac

Bmm said:
Your hair is very pretty....you kind of remind me of Toni Braxton in your avatar pic.
Yeah, I wanted to leave a comment in your album about one of your pics. You really look like Holly Robinson Peete in a few of them.

LiLi

Your hair is soooo gorgeous!!!

Also, I have used Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive for the last two touchups with no problems. The hair that was relaxed with it still feels smooth and hydrated. I am switching to the Fiberguard Lye (just because it's easier since I do my relaxer in sections over a few weeks) but if I wasn't I would still use the Fiberguard for Sensitive Scalps. They also have a scalp protector with the Fiberguard line that I love. I don't get any burns at all. Maybe try getting your relaxer done in sections so you don't have to switch relaxers. '

Gosh I can't get over your hair ... just beautiful.

tryn2growmyhair

LiLi said:
Your hair is soooo gorgeous!!!

Also, I have used Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive for the last two touchups with no problems. The hair that was relaxed with it still feels smooth and hydrated. I am switching to the Fiberguard Lye (just because it's easier since I do my relaxer in sections over a few weeks) but if I wasn't I would still use the Fiberguard for Sensitive Scalps. They also have a scalp protector with the Fiberguard line that I love. I don't get any burns at all. Maybe try getting your relaxer done in sections so you don't have to switch relaxers. '

Gosh I can't get over your hair ... just beautiful.
I use Fibergaurd for sensitive scalps without any problems, either, but is this a no-lye product? :eek: I thought it had lye in it. I have been use lye for years and dont want to change.

LiLi

tryn2growmyhair said:
I use Fibergaurd for sensitive scalps without any problems, either, but is this a no-lye product? :eek: I thought it had lye in it. I have been use lye for years and dont want to change.

Yes it is a no-lye relaxer. But your hair feels so moisturized that you would think that it was a lye relaxer. Also I am switching to the Fiberguard Lye and I did a section of my hair (about 6 months ago) with it as well as corrected the underprocessed section (frizzy & dry) and I have not experienced any breakage at all with that section and it feels so moist. I don't even have to moisturize it everyday. So, when I stop this laziness I will relax my entire head with the Fiberguard Lye.

angelica2u

Well, i have a sensitive scalp too so my stylist uses salon finish for sensitive scalp and i do realize i dont burn that quickly anymore. Even she is surprised sometimes. haha. So if anyone else has any reviews on salon finish, please let us know so that macherie could probably try it and see. And btw, i absolutely adore your hair and hope i get there sometime...soon :look:

tryn2growmyhair

LiLi said:
Yes it is a no-lye relaxer. But your hair feels so moisturized that you would think that it was a lye relaxer. Also I am switching to the Fiberguard Lye and I did a section of my hair (about 6 months ago) with it as well as corrected the underprocessed section (frizzy & dry) and I have not experienced any breakage at all with that section and it feels so moist. I don't even have to moisturize it everyday. So, when I stop this laziness I will relax my entire head with the Fiberguard Lye.
Thanks a lot for the tip. :)

Sweet_as_jalebi

Your hair is gor-ge-ous. I will have to try the shampoo you use - Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo. I haven't found a shampoo for my itchy scalp that my hair likes.

A_Christian

macherieamour said:
WOW! Thanks guys! So sweet! Coming from you guys, this is quite a compliment! My regime is really simple. Im a 4a/b relaxed and obsessed with Keracare! Its the only product i use. I noticed that when you use the whole line exclusively, the results are amazing. I wash every 5-7 days.

Pre Shampoo- drench hair with hot six oil and wrap the night before.

Shampoo- Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo
Keracare Hydrating and Detangling Shampoo

Conditioner- Keracare Humecto (20 mins under hood dryer)

Leave-in-Keracare Leave-in and Silken Seal

Roller set- magnetic rollers ( til I get my mesh rollers:mad: ) with Keracare Setting lotion ( i use a tablespoon diluted in a spray bottle with water) and use another spray bottle with just water. I spray the setting mix on my ends to hold the curl and use water on the rest of my hair to leave it soft and light. I sit under the drye for 1hr and 45 minutes. The I use a boar bristle bursh and blow out the roots (lightly). I will either leave the ends curly or wrap and go to bed.

At night, I use a tiny bit of Keracare Conditioning Headress (the TRUTH), wrap and spray Motions oil sheen. In the morning, I dab a tiny bit of Keracare gloss and Im out!

I will roller set this weekend and post some pics.

Your hair is awesome! I love KeraCare products as well; after seeing your hair I'll be sure to keep them as staples from now on, lol. Keep up the great work!