Macstyles... CRAZY!!!!!!!-

Ashee

What is going on with these prices????
$100 & up for a TOUCHUP & RELAXER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
For the Virgin Relaxer at $150 & up, I'll stay a Virgin if they were my only choice in this world.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
For a SIMPLE WASH & SET, BLOW DRY OR WRAP you're going to shank me in my throat for $50 & up?????!!!:swearing: (I must be reeealy "spoiled" by the Dominicans with the $10 Wash & Set Specials, $12-$25 Wash & Set Regular Days).
Press & Curl (is this where you get your hair pressed with the hot comb & curled with the curling iron?) $70 & up????

I had to walk away from my computer for a minute & wash my eyes out just to make sure that I was reading right!!!

What is this world coming too???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Is it Black hair stylists?? Why is it that the Dominican/Spanish Salons can find it reasonable to charge their clients $25 or $35 & up for a touch up but the Black & White Salons want to lose their minds??

I don't care how many notable magazines your work has been on, how many celebrities you've styled, how can you be serious to think that it's right to charge that type of cash for a $7 relaxer?????? If you buy the big jars in the salons, they aren't even $30 (the least)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty:

Where are my $5 Dominican Deep Conditioners out there? Do your salons give you a choice between the $5, $10, or $15 conditioner??? Even when I do mine at home the products don't come up to $20........ That would be slapped on to whatever additional salon services you've received!!!!

I'm jilted....
I just needed to vent! Where's my exit, complaining music??:violin:

moda

They only charge what people are willing to pay. I almost passed out when this chick threw my hair in a french roll and charged me $50 :eek: , and had the nerve to ask what day did I want to come back for the next appt. My normal stylist only charges $27, but she was out of town. I am too cheap to pay some outrageous price to get my hair done, $35 is my cut off and that is including the tip :lol:

balisi

cincybrownsugar said:
They only charge what people are willing to pay. I almost passed out when this chick threw my hair in a french roll and charged me $50 :eek: , and had the nerve to ask what day did I want to come back for the next appt. My normal stylist only charges $27, but she was out of town. I am too cheap to pay some outrageous price to get my hair done, $35 is my cut off and that is including the tip :lol:
At least you do tip. I've done a full head of foil highlights on some clients at my school (for the grand total of $35) and they didn't tip the first dime! :( And these were clients with long (mid-back) thick hair. AND the highlights looked dang good too!

Ashee

I am very greatful that I decided to do my own hair but those prices are encouraging me to learn to do the extention braids, twists, the works!!! I just might have to order some DVDs to get that popping... Then the only money that I would have spent was to have someone TEACH me how to "FISH"... I don't ever want to go hungry again!! :lol:

moda

balisi said:
At least you do tip. I've done a full head of foil highlights on some clients at my school (for the grand total of $35) and they didn't tip the first dime! :( And these were clients with long (mid-back) thick hair. AND the highlights looked dang good too!

Now that is just wrong. I have tipped even on bad service, it was just a bad tip. I used to always be mad about folks wanting to charge me more because my hair was thick and long, but now I understand. My stylist can wrap someone's hair in 5 min and throw them under the dryer, while she has to spend 1hr drying my hair and flat ironing it. She still charges me the same but I make sure I show her some love, because I know she could have wrapped many heads while I am hogging her chair.