Magic Star Comb...is it worth it?

TheCoilWhisperer

winona

Hello :)

I have the mini magic star comb and it's cool but I've been thinking about getting a Mason Pearson. How would you say Magic Star compares to Mason Pearson?

Last edited:

TheCoilWhisperer

Hi DarlingDiva!

Which paddle brush did you buy? I've stop using the denman because it was pulling my hair out and breaking my ends. BUT I love it because it does an excellent job smoothing my ends for the prefect braid/twist outs.

I now detangle with a paddle brush first (also from Hercules Saagemann) and do a final comb-through with the Magic Star Jumbo Rake, and I still feel that the comb is worth the investment.

TheCoilWhisperer

So after all those questions, here my take on the Mini Magic Star comb.

First off, I'm a 4a/b natural and my longest layer is neck length. I agree with the ladies, this is an excellent comb. No snags, tugs or popping. It's a strong comb that I've dropped many a times and have no worries when I do. Also, the comb is light weight... but it is the mini.

I mainly I like the comb but I'm still in the search of a tool that can smooth my ends but not cause it to break... hence the questions about the Mason Pearson comb and Hercules Sägemann Square Paddle Brush.

Embyra

So after all those questions, here my take on the Mini Magic Star comb.

First off, I'm a 4a/b natural and my longest layer is neck length. I agree with the ladies, this is an excellent comb. No snags, tugs or popping. It's a strong comb that I've dropped many a times and have no worries when I do. Also, the comb is light weight... but it is the mini.

I mainly I like the comb but I'm still in the search of a tool that can smooth my ends but not cause it to break... hence the questions about the Mason Pearson comb and Hercules Sägemann Square Paddle Brush.

If your concerned about your ends i wouldnt use a brush with boar bristles using it once in a while ok........but if this is going to be your regular brush :nono:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have the ouidad and like it. I sometimes get snags but not too often. I will purchase the bone comb because I am looking for a comb to detangle my new growth. I enjoy my tangle teezer but prefer to find an alternative based on the negativity publicity of this tool.

Sent from my DROIDX

blackberry815

I love mines... I have like 8 combs from hercules sagemann... My favorite is the jumbo rake comb. I use the two fine teeth combs for rollersets... The others dont get as much use but i cherish them because they were expensive.lol

Do any of you ladies bring your combs to the hair salon?

Sent from my ADR6400L

divachyk

I love mines... I have like 8 combs from hercules sagemann... My favorite is the jumbo rake comb. I use the two fine teeth combs for rollersets... The others dont get as much use but i cherish them because they were expensive.lol

Do any of you ladies bring your combs to the hair salon?

Sent from my ADR6400L
blackberry815 - exactly which two do you use for rollersets?

Stepiphanie

I just ordered 3 combs from hotcombs. I cant wait to try them, nothing seems to detangle my hair without ripping some of it. They also look similar to combs used on my hair as a child when I had super healthy hair.

divachyk

@divachyk i use the hs6450 and the hs197w one is fine and the other one is super fine...

Sorry i took so long to respond i had to go on the website to get the comb names.

Sent from my ADR6400L

blackberry815 - do you find that it detangles nicely (without breakage or snags) for roller sets? I need some good detangling combs for when I'm deep into a stretch and would like to roller set.

blackberry815

blackberry815 - do you find that it detangles nicely (without breakage or snags) for roller sets? I need some good detangling combs for when I'm deep into a stretch and would like to roller set.

divachyk my hair actually still snags but i think it has to do with me having the two different textures. I think the effects might be on a more microscopic level though. On the website they explain how it doesnt rough up the cuticle like combs with seams do. As far as detangling is concerned I don't know of you'll notice a major difference with the fine tooth combs from your other fine tooth combs..

Sent from my ADR6400L

LovelyNaps26

i got a jumbo over christmas. i really like it.i didn't think i'd notice a difference from my wide tooth beauty supply comb i've had for 6 years but i do. i need a smaller one as well.

i do wish i could find a seamless comb like this:

i still use this one to detangle anyway b/c i've stopped using the tangle teezer and i don't mess with the denman.

coyacoy

Yes!!!!! The jumbo rake is the bizness! Glides like what! I have that one and the mini for on the go.....also have the lady star by hs that i use in the shower after the jumbo rake and just purchased the styler.....love them all and would highly recommend