Magnetic Rollers

Honi

There is no board.
Well when done correctly it gives you a real smooth set. Me personally I haven't mastered those little clip thingies so they always slip outta my head so I stick to the wire mesh ones and I get the same result. It takes a bit of practice.

Honi

There is no board.
Excuse my ignorance but what regular plastic ones??? LOL
Are they similar to the magnetic ones? If they are then the answer is no. It's just a smooth roller. Truth be told I don't even know why the name of those rollers are called "magnetic" anyway. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sweetcocoa

They are just smooth. The only 'other'plastic rollers I can think of are those ones with the little teeth in them(they don't give a smooth set at all, your hair dries with ridges in it ...but they do dry fast). And the plastic 'mesh' rollers(way different that the wire mesh that I use). I think the name 'magnetic' comes from the fact that when your hair is really wet it 'clings to the roller?

BronxDiva

I have the plastic rollers with the holes in them. I saw a picture of magnetic rollers and it appeared as if the clips were stuck to them from the magnetism.

Julia

Is there a benefit to using the wire mesh rollers over the magnetic ones? Or is it just that that wire mesh rollers dry your hair faster?

sweetcocoa

They just dry faster than magnetic rollers....you can get a smooth set(it takes more patience to get it smoothly on the roller)...but personally I believe it's easier(especially with natural hair) to get a smoother set with the magnetic ones. I just hate the drying time...so if I'm not in the mood for an hour dry I go with the wire mesh.