Mahabhringraj Oil

Candy_C

Anyone tried it yet??

i've heard big things about this!!

From a site:

There is a good news for people regularly affected by problems of Hair Loss. Now there is an easy & effective means to prevent hair loss by an ayurvedic hair oil called "Mahabhringraj Oil". This is manufactured by Baidyanath, India's largest ayurvedic company in India. This is safe, natural & effective. The product has gained vast acceptance and popularity in India.

Mahabhringraj Oil is scientifically prepared with ayurvedic herbs in pure Til oil. It is highly effective & excellent remedy for Dandruff. Its regular use prevents premature graying, hair fall, Sleeplessness, and headache. It keeps the brain cool.

Active Ingredients:

Bhringraj, Til Tel, Manjistha, Padmakastha, Lodh, Lalchandan, Gairik, Khereti ka Panchag, Haldi, Daruhaldi, Nagkeshar, Priyangu, Mulethi, prapondreak (Kamal Phool), Anantamool etc.

Few active ingredients of Mahabhringraj Oil :

Bhringraj :

Useful for preventing hair loss and dandruff . This plant is commonly used in hair oil's all over the India. It promotes healthy black and long hair.

Til Tel:

Sesame oil protect the hair, restore the hydrolipidic film and soften the scalp.

Manjistha :

Paste of Manjistha is very effective in Hair loss, dandruff and any type of skin problem.

Lodhra Chaal:

The paste of the bark is useful to prevent premature graying and hair fall .

DIRECTION OF USE

Mahabhringaraj Oil should be messaged with the fingertips at the root of the hair & scalp and kept for sometime before bathing or as directed by the physician.

INDICATION :

Prevent hair fall.

Effective in preventing graying of hair.

Prevents Sleeplessness & headaches.

Removes dandruff.

SIDE EFFECT :
No untoward effects have been noted.

PRESENTATION

For external use
Available in 50 & 100 ml Pack Size

Best use before 3 years from the date of manufacture

taken from: http://www.allayurveda.com/product_month_august2004.htm

missty1029

I just ordered some earlier today

From where, the link Candy posted??

I have heard the bhringraj is really good. And Ive been seeing it mixed with sesame oil but I wasnt sure about the sesame oil. Theres another type its called Neelibhringraj that is mixed with coconut oil. Thats the one I wanted to try. (Of course my spelling of these are off!!)

DivaRox

I found out about this oil from ReddTweetyB's site. Everything I pulled up on it was consistent, i.e. great for hair growth, and preventing hair shed and used all across India. I can't wait to try it:yep:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I got two bottles of this. A cheap one from my Indian market and one from ReddTweetyB. I use every other day for my massages. No wonder my scalp is sore and tender!

I also have Bhringraj and other oils that I dare try and pronounce.

Candy_C

I cant wait to try this one

This is a whole new sexy can of worms being opened

no wonder the ladies hair in india are so darn luscious

And if its working for me and many others, on growth, strength etc, well thats just marvellous.

And theres so many different oils and powders, you can have full cvontrol over what u need and be your own hair doc!

carameldiva

I am going to the indian store next monday- so i will check and see if they have this oil when i go. Thanks for the tip Candy_C.

scarcity21

I cant wait to try this one

This is a whole new sexy can of worms being opened

no wonder the ladies hair in india are so darn luscious

And if its working for me and many others, on growth, strength etc, well thats just marvellous.

And theres so many different oils and powders, you can have full cvontrol over what u need and be your own hair doc!
i agree...thanks Candy_C

WomanlyCharm

I have an extra bottle under my sink...haven't used it for awhile. It used to be one of my staple oils.

It gives good tingles to my scalp. :grin: It's almost like a menthol or pepperminty feeling. Plus it made my hair soft, and smelled decent, gotta love that!

keluric

I've used it before. I wasn't using it for hair growth but I liked how it made my hair feel. If I remember correctly, it has a distinct smell that lingers... but I don't remember it being so bad that I couldn't use the oil on a regular basis.

Kiynwah

Hey Candy C, keluric and others -- are you still using mahabhringraj? Has it helped your growth since you last posted??

Lita

For the oil lovers this is a great product to add to your stash/you don't have to wash it out with each use...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Lita

Where can this be purchased?? What benefits have you recieved from it?? SMH @ you feeding my addiction.

growinghealthyhair You can find it at your local Indian market Or at indiaabundance.com
Its really soothing on the scalp with-out product build up/a little goes a long way/you can leave it in/pre poo/use on your length too..Hair will be nice,very soft,strong,shiny lees breakage..This oil contains Sesame seed (Ceramide) I think mix with indian spices give it a kick...

Happy Hair Growing!

so1913

So I revisited this oil (which I purchased during the initial craze, but never used consistently) since I decided to use overnight oil treatments as my "conditioning" step prior to washing once a week. I've used this one http://www.mahabhringarajoil.com/ three weekends in a row so far. I've been natural since 2004 and always had straighter hair in the front, in the beginning very straight from heat damage and then as it grew out just looser texture than the rest. Always more waves (see siggy), well now I have CURLS at the top front and crown of my head!!! I don't know where they came from! Even my manager pointed acknowledged the difference today (who I've worked with her for 8 years now, but hadn't seen in over a week). This past treatment, I did a pretty heavy oiling. I'm not familiar with all these "ayurvedic" herbs and there benefits, but are any in this oil known to bring out and enhance natural curls? I don't recognize my own hair these days, it looks more uniform now with the rest of my hair and I'm loving it!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

So I revisited this oil (which I purchased during the initial craze, but never used consistently) since I decided to use overnight oil treatments as my "conditioning" step prior to washing once a week. I've used this one http://www.mahabhringarajoil.com/ three weekends in a row so far. I've been natural since 2004 and always had straighter hair in the front, in the beginning very straight from heat damage and then as it grew out just looser texture than the rest. Always more waves (see siggy), well now I have CURLS at the top front and crown of my head!!! I don't know where they came from! Even my manager pointed acknowledged the difference today (who I've worked with her for 8 years now, but hadn't seen in over a week). This past treatment, I did a pretty heavy oiling. I'm not familiar with all these "ayurvedic" herbs and there benefits, but are any in this oil known to bring out and enhance natural curls? I don't recognize my own hair these days, it looks more uniform now with the rest of my hair and I'm loving it!
so1913, I think bhringaraj oil acts a a strengthener. So if you look at like you would a protein, it could help bring your curls back in the same way. Just a theory.

shortt29

so1913 I used the exact brand of Mahabhringaraj oil and notices definite curl definition. My only complaint was that it definitely didn't stop or slow the grey hairs :( In fact I noticed more grey hairs and they were growing in fast (but I guess that means the oil promoted hair growth) I finished that bottle just last month so I have to buy more...I put it in an applicator bottle and use it directly on my scalp right after washing or cowashing.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
so1913 I used the exact brand of Mahabhringaraj oil and notices definite curl definition. My only complaint was that it definitely didn't stop or slow the grey hairs :( In fact I noticed more grey hairs and they were growing in fast (but I guess that means the oil promoted hair growth) I finished that bottle just last month so I have to buy more...I put it in an applicator bottle and use it directly on my scalp right after washing or cowashing.
I also noticed MORE gray hairs and they're growing in FAST! What's up with that?!:drunk: Oh well! I guess that means the rest of my hair is growing in faster. I've only been using it for one month about 1-3 times per week.

I started using it for its claims to slow down and regrow hereditary hair loss. I really hope that really happens!