• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Maintain Senegalese Twists

beans

This is a huge forum and I'm relatively new, so forgive me if a thread already exists for this topic. . .

I got Senegalese twists put in last weekend and I am already ready to take them out! My natural hair is a twa, so that is causing frizz issues on the top of my head, but I have a friend with short natural hair and she always has smooth twists, so I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I should have asked this question before I even got them put in because I don't know how to maintain them at all. My friend said she puts braid spray on them but it causes too much build up and I would like to avoid that. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Nuelle

Bump! I'm getting senegalese twists for the first time in a few days and would also like to know how to maintain them.

isawstars

I was relaxed when I had mine... I used braid spray and on wash days I diluted my shampoo with water. I didn't have any problems. I had them for 3 or 4 months.

lilsparkle825

mine did get kinda fuzzy after 3 weeks or so, but i did a rush job. just make sure to spray them and sleep with a scarf on and you should be fine...