Maintaining Moisture While Working Out!!!

jencolem

Hi Everyone!!!
I recently joined this forum and have been hooked every since!!!

My hair is currently BEL (I think that's right: below ear length) and is really damaged. I use the phytospecific relaxer and I have color/highlights. As if that isn't enough I've been using an ISO flat iron that is way too hot!!

My hair is extremely dry and broke off around my edges. I've read some of the other threads with helpful info on bringing my hair back to life...so I'm excited to get this journey started.

However, I do have one problem I need help with. I work out 3 times during the week and I sweat like crazy. I also noticed that my scalp starts itching right after???? Anyone know what that might be from????

Is the sweat making my hair dirty? I feel like it needs to be washed but I don't think I should wash after each work out because that would be too much heat (blowdrying or sitting under hair dryer and flat iron).

Can anyone suggest a regimine that I could do so my hair after workouts??? If I tie it up while working out, my scalp gets really dry so I feel like I'm losing moisture.

Sorry for the length and hope it makes sense:spinning:

Thanks in advance!!!

msa

Welcome!!!

Your scalp may be itching because of the sweat, I know that happens to me. You can co-wash after each work out using only conditioner and that will get your hair clean and keep it moisturized.

You do not have to use heat after washing, just try different styles. You probably have enough hair to do pinned up styles. Or, if you can get your hair into a ponytail you could just pull it back and use a phony pony or bun on top of it. Using heat 3 times a week would be way too much so you need to figure out some alternative styles you can use. Personally, I love half-wigs for just this purpose. I can wash my hair as much as I like and just throw on a wig afterward.

jencolem

Thanks so much, that makes perfect sense. I'll probably take a look at half-wigs because like you said, I can wash my hair as often as I like which would aid in rebuilding my hair.

Nice Lady

Thanks so much, that makes perfect sense. I'll probably take a look at half-wigs because like you said, I can wash my hair as often as I like which would aid in rebuilding my hair.

Make sure that you buy a durag cap in addition to getting the wig because the wig caps tend to not protect the hair in terms of moisture and result in breakage. Also, moisturize and seal prior to put on wig. Also, as they stated make sure you co-wash after each workout to remove the sweat.