Making progress! 2 month comparison photos

Victorian

old head
Yay! :yay: :yay: I've finally put together a couple of side-by-side comparison shots and I can see real progress! Hopefully I can keep it up...I'll do an end-of-the-summer comparison in another 2 months. Armpit length, here I come!
Pics are in lhcf gallery (i put the link in my siggy)--make sure you select to view by "latest" There are 2 new pics
:weird:

Victorian

old head
Thanks, ladies. I'm so happy! I'm keeping it simple by using few products and being consistent. I've just been doing con washes and wash n go's. Once a week I have the big "wash day" and do the whole pre-treatment, shampoo, and deep conditioning bit. I think the key to good growth is a clean and healthy scalp :yep: I've been using Hairever scalp tonic to help with this since I only shampoo once a week. Otherwise I just use my giovanni leave-in after my con washes and let my hair be. I also believe in the judicious use of oils. I've been using jojoba oil and I like it alot. I'm planning on getting some unrefined coconut oil soon.

Dare~to~Dream

BlackCardinal said:
Once a week I have the big "wash day" and do the whole pre-treatment, shampoo, and deep conditioning bit.

More questions! :) What is your pre-treatment? Do you use J/A/S/O/N conditioners for your deep conditioning? Is the jojoba oil used for daily moisturizing? Are you taking any supplements at all? I hope you don't mind me asking all of these questions.

Victorian

old head
No problem, Lanelle :)
I use Burt's Bees Avocado Treatment. I'm actually getting low and I've been having a tough time finding it...It is one of their best selling items and it's always sold out...I might have to find it online. In the meantime I've been using it sparingly and been doing hot oil treatments with jojoba oil. Anyhow, I love the avocado treatment :yep:

I do use Jason cons for deep conditioning. I just leave them on with a plastic cap, sometimes wrapping a warm towel around my head. I also have the elucence repairing stuff (light protein) that I mix with it if I need strengthening (Although I'm in the process of trying Jason's lavender con in place of regular protein to see how it strengthens in comparison to the elucencce).

I use jojoba oil often but not necessarily daily. If I feel like my hair needs oil after a con wash, I'll apply some to damp hair after my leave-in. If it's the middle of the day and my hair feels dry, I'll dampen the hair with hairever first, then apply a bit of jojoba oil. Works like a charm :up:

I was trying really hard to do the vitamin thing but...I do know that when I was taking Skin Eternal Plus (by source naturals) on the 3-month vitamin challenge, my skin was really clear and my nails were growing like weeds. I assume my hair was also growing well during that time, but I never really took pictures to see. I fell off the wagon long before the challenge was over, though. I give up. :lol: I've got some biotin laying around...might try one more time...

asummertyme

dang girl!! 1ST..I DIDNT EVEN KNOW U WENT NATURAL..2ND.. ur hair is growin like wildfire and it looks fantastic......keep up the great work.

Dare~to~Dream

BlackCardinal said:
No problem, Lanelle :)
I use Burt's Bees Avocado Treatment. I'm actually getting low and I've been having a tough time finding it...It is one of their best selling items and it's always sold out...I might have to find it online. In the meantime I've been using it sparingly and been doing hot oil treatments with jojoba oil. Anyhow, I love the avocado treatment :yep:

I do use Jason cons for deep conditioning. I just leave them on with a plastic cap, sometimes wrapping a warm towel around my head. I also have the elucence repairing stuff (light protein) that I mix with it if I need strengthening (Although I'm in the process of trying Jason's lavender con in place of regular protein to see how it strengthens in comparison to the elucencce).

I use jojoba oil often but not necessarily daily. If I feel like my hair needs oil after a con wash, I'll apply some to damp hair after my leave-in. If it's the middle of the day and my hair feels dry, I'll dampen the hair with hairever first, then apply a bit of jojoba oil. Works like a charm :up:

I was trying really hard to do the vitamin thing but...I do know that when I was taking Skin Eternal Plus (by source naturals) on the 3-month vitamin challenge, my skin was really clear and my nails were growing like weeds. I assume my hair was also growing well during that time, but I never really took pictures to see. I fell off the wagon long before the challenge was over, though. I give up. :lol: I've got some biotin laying around...might try one more time...

Thanks for posting the details! I might have to check out that Burt Bee's Avocado Treatment!

Victorian

old head
asummertyme said:
dang girl!! 1ST..I DIDNT EVEN KNOW U WENT NATURAL..2ND.. ur hair is growin like wildfire and it looks fantastic......keep up the great work.

Girrrl, where u been? That was like 3 months ago! :lol: :grin:

Thank you, everyone for your compliments. I'm a strong believer in just leaving your hair alone and letting it do its thing. It will grow!

TrulyBlessed

BlackCardinal said:
I think the key to good growth is a clean and healthy scalp :yep: I've been using Hairever scalp tonic to help with this since I only shampoo once a week.

now about this tonic :scratchch ...

this sounds really interesting and has some good ingredients...do you use this daily or like every other day?

Victorian

old head
I use the Hairever on my scalp after washing my hair. So I pretty much use it every day. Yesterday I was on the Home Health website and noticed that the formula is different now. The one I have has the ingredients listed on the site I linked to, but apparently there is a new label where the ingredient list is longer [new label]
The new one looks like it would be more moisturizing. I dunno. I just ordered some more from smartbomb--I don't know if I'll get the old formula or the new one. We'll see...