Male Abandons Daughter After Pitbull Escapes...

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress

This could have easily had a bad ending if the pitbull in question weren’t friendly to strangers.

What are your thoughts on the video? Is it a stark divergence from your experience with your father growing up? Or the fathers of your friends?
Some men are never tested in their courage or protective instincts (or the lack of them), yet you just KNOW from other behaviors, where their sensibilities lie.

However this will sound, watching this video came at a peculiar intersection of my life where my own loyalty and love as a daughter is being tested. And it hit me at a primal level that for all his faults, my father was a MAN and protected me all my childhood. I wouldn’t wish any child to have the certainty the little girl in the video has: that her father would not come to her rescue, that her only defense is herself, even in his presence. What a lonely and miserable knowledge that must be!!

Does anyone else wonder where her mother’s judgement fit in any of this? This short video really made me think of the women I’ve known over the years who, for one stated reason or another, refused to allow their children unsupervised with their father. People are so quick to charge such women, some of whom must be discerning, with pettiness, vindictiveness, jealousy or some such. But some of those women MUST know that leaving their children with the fathers is worse than leaving them alone. :nono:

awhyley

Wow, what a coward. Seeing that from 0.52 and onwards made me sick honestly. That poor child having to fend for herself. :nono2:
Guess he figures he only has the one life but that can have more kids. If I was the mother, that entire interaction would have me rethinking our future.
(Sidenote: That homeowner is really lucky that this didn't end up worse.)

I wouldn’t wish any child to have the certainty the little girl in the video has: that her father would not come to her rescue, that her only defense is herself, even in his presence. What a lonely and miserable knowledge that must be!!

At least she knows how her daddy rolls in conflict and that it's up to her to defend herself. It's a sad reality, but good to know from early on.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:nono: :nono: :nono: Shame on him...Shame !!!!! He could have protected this little one.

Shame on the dog owners as well. These breeds are not pets, they are extremely unpredictable and dangerous. At any moment they will take off and attack innocent children and other pets.

I have an issue with people who choose to have them in homes and in neighborhoods with innocent children. It’s some sort of “ego” status for insecure people who lack self esteem. They have vicious dogs to hide behind. Tryna prove sumptin’ :nono:

Leeda.the.Paladin

The only shame I’m going to put on the dog owners is that they don’t have a secure fence. Any one , with a dog roaming freely in their yard, should have a secure fence unless they live in the country.

I have no words for the dad. I don’t see how he could hear his baby crying like that and not throw himself in front of her. There’s been so many dads who have given their lives trying to save their kids.

When dh sent this to me he said “I’d completely understand if you wanted to divorce me if I pulled something like this.” I hope they find this man’s name so he can be properly shamed. And that woman or whoever owns that dog needs to do better about keeping it restrained.

The way that poor child cried out for him while he could only focus on saving himself broke my heart. :sad: She’ll never forget this.

And to make things worse, his pathetic self told her to stop crying, smh. Like, you expect a little girl to show strength when your grown man arse can’t. Ugh, this just makes me so mad because my own father was good for nothing.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
wow he didn’t think to pick her up

This is what I don't get either. She looks about 5-7 years old and a healthy weight. I know she's not heavy. And even when he saw the dog run up on her, he didn't do anything. Not even try to shoo the dog away. She ran into a parked car while he was trying to back away from the dog. Total and complete shame on him.

All the adults featured failed this child and pet.

LivingInPeace

As I have recently looked back on my childhood in my neighborhood of middle class and working class Black families I thought about how fortunate I was to be surrounded by real men. I can't imagine any of the "lions" of my street, who were fiercely protective of their wives and children, running away from a dog, leaving their baby girl behind. It's inconceivable to me.

Shimmie

Staff member
This is disgusting. It reminds me of the man who left his baby on the floor of the movie theater and ran away during the mass shooting. I suspect that a lot of men are secretly cowards. Life threatening situations are rare, so it is hard to know.
:thud: What on earth? Oh no, please say this isn’t real. I hope this baby gets a better life without this man as her father.

dancinstallion

This is disgusting. It reminds me of the man who left his baby on the floor of the movie theater and ran away during the mass shooting. I suspect that a lot of men are secretly cowards. Life threatening situations are rare, so it is hard to know.

This reminded me of that too. I will never forget that, his wife/girlfriend wont forget it either.

Both men are trash and punks.

Last edited:

theRaven

That man is a disgusting piece of poop.

My Daddy would never. In fact in my childhood neighborhood there was a neighbor who had several dogs he let freely roam about sometimes. My Dad would be quick to call me to come inside the house and go get his BB gun. Never would he leave me defenseless ever!

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
This story hit particularly hard for me because I had two powerful memories resurface as I was watching.

Once when I was about 22, there were these two little kids walking down the street (maybe 4 & 6) and a stray dog started following them.
I was so worried, about half a block away and across the street I banged loudly on a fence with a stick and tried getting the attention of the dog.
It started veering towards me and I screamed at the little kids to hurry and get away but try not to run. Luckily, they seemed to live nearby because they dashed behind a gate and I got to my car before the dog could get to me...
It’s not nearly the same, but as a woman, I will never forget how shocked I was at my own willingness to intervene on behalf of children I didn’t know at all. And I’ve intervened similarly for strange children at various other times in my life... so it boggles my mind that this video captured the (PROBABLY) common horror of wasteparents, especially the “daddies.” No wonder this generation is so lost.

The other memory was of a time a loose Rottweiler got right next to my dad and I as we were walking. He lifted my whole body up by the arm and swung me behind him, seemingly in the blink of an eye and drew his firearm apparently with zero hesitation. I was about 11 or 12 too, so definitely not light, and yet I was protected before I even realized I was in danger. The memory made me tear up because for all his flaws, which are MANY, he was a very manly man who proudly protected me and provided for me. And that’s honestly what every child deserves of their father, and what a depressingly small % of children receive. :cry3:

Shimmie

Staff member
This story hit particularly hard for me because I had two powerful memories resurface as I was watching.

Once when I was about 22, there were these two little kids walking down the street (maybe 4 & 6) and a stray dog started following them.
I was so worried, about half a block away and across the street I banged loudly on a fence with a stick and tried getting the attention of the dog.
It started veering towards me and I screamed at the little kids to hurry and get away but try not to run. Luckily, they seemed to live nearby because they dashed behind a gate and I got to my car before the dog could get to me...
It’s not nearly the same, but as a woman, I will never forget how shocked I was at my own willingness to intervene on behalf of children I didn’t know at all. And I’ve intervened similarly for strange children at various other times in my life... so it boggles my mind that this video captured the (PROBABLY) common horror of wasteparents, especially the “daddies.” No wonder this generation is so lost.

The other memory was of a time a loose Rottweiler got right next to my dad and I as we were walking. He lifted my whole body up by the arm and swung me behind him, seemingly in the blink of an eye and drew his firearm apparently with zero hesitation. I was about 11 or 12 too, so definitely not light, and yet I was protected before I even realized I was in danger. The memory made me tear up because for all his flaws, which are MANY, he was a very manly man who proudly protected me and provided for me. And that’s honestly what every child deserves of their father, and what a depressingly small % of children receive. :cry3:
Beautiful :cry3:

Kanky

Where is his primal instinct?

When my son was little, we got into a few scary situations and I snatched him up with the quickness. I didn't think, I literally reacted. Protecting my child trumped any fear.

How is that not there for him?

His self preservation instincts are great. He’s a survivor. :lol: He just doesn’t consider saving his children as part of self preservation. I wonder if she’s his only one or if he has others. He might’ve been bitten, but a grown man isn’t going to be killed by a single dog. She could’ve easily been killed. She is obviously expendable to him.

MilkChocolateOne

Ganjababy

The shocking thing is the fact that he continued to stay on top of the car. I could kind of understand going with his first instinct, forgetting about the child and jumping up, but after seeing the child down there with the dog you would think he would have snapped back to his senses, but no. That’s his true self up on that car. Worthless waste of space.

A very important part of a man’s role is protecting his family.