Male Abandons Daughter After Pitbull Escapes...

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
My dad would have hit the back of the trunk , got the machete out and got to work. I had to walk in the streets because a block was overrun by weeds/bushes. My dad walked back after I got home from school and started clearing the whole block. He never played about my safety.

I didnt even look at the video, just reading the comments. smh.

Lylddlebit

His self preservation instincts are great. He’s a survivor. :lol: He just doesn’t consider saving his children as part of self preservation. I wonder if she’s his only one or if he has others. He might’ve been bitten, but a grown man isn’t going to be killed by a single dog. She could’ve easily been killed. She is obviously expendable to him.

This is truer than I wish it was. A lot of people really don't want to admit when a parent doesn't care about their kid(s), but it exists and this is an example of that.

Question for those who can speculate:
Would Mom be in the wrong for seeking sole custody after this? :scratchchin:
No but most of the time people do everything they can to salvage parent/child relationships. Unfortunately few things are more dangerous to a child than a bad parent.

Curly1908

And notice - he states that he wanted to show the little girl that dog. (I watched with the sound off initially so I didn't realize that.). This is ridiculous and ghetto. It's not like he was bringing the child to see a friend's poodle. He led his daughter by the hand to a pitbull.

I'm sorry, but Black men are BEYOND feminine. It's truly disgusting.

nysister

And notice - he states that he wanted to show the little girl that dog. (I watched with the sound off initially so I didn't realize that.). This is ridiculous and ghetto. It's not like he was bringing the child to see a friend's poodle. He led his daughter by the hand to a pitbull.
I just listened to that too. My Dad would have steered me away from that dog NOW let alone as a child. SMH.

Many years ago, I was babysitting my best friend's daughter, and we came out of a store where this pit bull was smack in from of us staring at her. I slowly moved between her and the dog and turned the stroller around and started walking away.

I couldn't imagine not protecting some else's child let alone my own.

huxtable

My dad would have hit the back of the trunk , got the machete out and got to work. I had to walk in the streets because a block was overrun by weeds/bushes. My dad walked back after I got home from school and started clearing the whole block. He never played about my safety.

I didnt even look at the video, just reading the comments. smh.

My dad had a machete too. Shout out to all the girls whose dad had a machete.

luckiestdestiny

To me it's inexcusable. Something like this happened to me with my nephew and I inserted myself between him and danger. And that was my nephew when he was 2 and I was 19 to be exact. And I'm telling you it must've been God because when I spoke, it left after coming charging. There was no time to run in that situation.

So I can't fathom the instinct not to protect. But even if I give the benefit of the doubt and say the person went into self protection mode first: Okay they get on the car and see the baby screaming. Why not do something like reach for that baby and try to pull them up or do something, anything?

intellectualuva

The shocking thing is the fact that he continued to stay on top of the car. I could kind of understand going with his first instinct, forgetting about the child and jumping up, but after seeing the child down there with the dog you would think he would have snapped back to his senses, but no. That’s his true self up on that car. Worthless waste of space.

A very important part of a man’s role is protecting his family.

And he had the nerve to yell at her to calm down. smh. He's on top of the car and the baby is basically running in circles in fear and instead of getting off the car when the dog is secured, he stays on the car and yells at her to calm down. He is trash juice.

Part of me doesn't believe that story. I think he knew a woman lived there and was probably trying to flirt or something. It makes no sense to show his daughter a pit bull.

Kanky

And he had the nerve to yell at her to calm down. smh. He's on top of the car and the baby is basically running in circles in fear and instead of getting off the car when the dog is secured, he stays on the car and yells at her to calm down. He is trash juice.

Part of me doesn't believe that story. I think he knew a woman lived there and was probably trying to flirt or something. It makes no sense to show his daughter a pit bull.
In a just world that man would be publicly shamed, ridiculed and shunned by both men and women until he committed harikiri. But I would bet that he still has dating options and that his black male friends and relatives won’t even stop talking to him.

Ganjababy

My dad had a machete too. Shout out to all the girls whose dad had a machete.
I had to stop telling my dad every little thing that happened to me for fear of his reaction after a threatened to chop up a teenager with a machete for threatening to hit me when I was ten. I felt really sorry for the teen. He almost pooped his pants.