Male Hair Care Routines

Country gal

I know this is a female oriented site. My brother needs advice on taking care of his hair. He is trying to grow it out. It seems to be a 4b type hair but it is very dry. He uses doo grow conditioner and hair grease. What products would be good on his hair? I told him I don't grease my hair and that I just oil it. Do you think he needs to grease his hair?

carameldiva

i have dry hair too. I would definitely say that he should stop using grease immediately. Dry hair needs moisture so co-washes are definitely in order but he should also shampoo weekly with a moisturizing shampoo(con is a good one). He should probably litely oil his scalp with sweet almond oil, vitamin e oil or coconut oil. Care Free Curl moisturizer or a water/glycerin spritz daily would also be good as well. Hope this helps a little.

Country gal

carameldiva said:
i have dry hair too. I would definitely say that he should stop using grease immediately. Dry hair needs moisture so co-washes are definitely in order but he should also shampoo weekly with a moisturizing shampoo(con is a good one). He should probably litely oil his scalp with sweet almond oil, vitamin e oil or coconut oil. Care Free Curl moisturizer or a water/glycerin spritz daily would also be good as well. Hope this helps a little.

Very detailed. Thanks.

Supergirl- I thought so too but I assumed guys may do things a little differently.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Country gal said:
Very detailed. Thanks.

Supergirl- I thought so too but I assumed guys may do things a little differently.

Well, he probably will not want to be as detailed as us girls, but if he'll make the sacrifice, I'm certain he'll get the same great results that we do. :)

P

patient1

I've found that my male students tend to have longer, thicker hair with a higher sheen because they keep their routines very simple. The biggest fullest puffs in the 8th grade and the longest natural braids are on the boys. Kind of makes me want to keep it simple!

p1