Mar 21 22 23 24 25 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:orders::orders:Calling All Ya'll Weekend Hair Warriors - :poke"Get In Here!:giggle:

Let's Get this Hair Party Started Up in this Joint!:dance7:

Time to explore new Products, Regimens, Techniques or stick with the Same Ol' Same Ol' as you snatch up some Healthy Hair and Incredible Inches along the way.:love:

This is Month 3. Don't Hesitate. Don't Procrastinate. Let's ALL be about the Business! :grouphug2:

Let's make this a Personal Best and a Personal Commitment for 2019!:up:

You got 5 days to get it done!:nono2:

So... What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?:scratchchin:

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Taking a cue from @water_n_oil and doing a full DIY wash day.

Cleanse:
Ayurvedic Herbal Shampoo Bar

Deep condition:
Tea & Shea Conditioner
*Also used as a leave in

Stretch:
2 Banded Ponytails with rollers on the ends. Whipped Shea Butter on the top of the hairline & ends. Sit under hooded dryer for one hour.

Really want to straighten but the weather is saying otherwise. If not, I'll just bun/ponytail for the next few days.

water_n_oil

Taking a cue from @water_n_oil and doing a full DIY wash day.

Cleanse:
Ayurvedic Herbal Shampoo Bar

Deep condition:
Tea & Shea Conditioner
*Also used as a leave in

Stretch:
2 Banded Ponytails with rollers on the ends. Whipped Shea Butter on the top of the hairline & ends. Sit under hooded dryer for one hour.

Really want to straighten but the weather is saying otherwise. If not, I'll just bun/ponytail for the next few days.
Shampoo bar deets?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Shampoo bar deets?

It's a batch I made a few years ago:

Forgive me for just copying and pasting but its got everything but the kitchen sink in it. LOL

INGREDIENTS: Grapeseed Oil infused with Fenugreek, Horsetail, Rosemary, Nettle & Burdock Root. Fresh Coconut Milk, Handmade Oat Milk, Organic Coconut Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Unrefined Shea Butter, Castor Bean Oil, Ayurvedic Powders of: Aritha, Shikakai, Aloe Vera, Amla, Henna, Brahmi, Indigo & Bhringraj. Kaolin Clay, Honey, Tussah Silk & Essential Oil blend of Juniper Berry, Lemongrass & Ginger.

water_n_oil

It's a batch I made a few years ago:

Forgive me for just copying and pasting but its got everything but the kitchen sink in it. LOL

INGREDIENTS: Grapeseed Oil infused with Fenugreek, Horsetail, Rosemary, Nettle & Burdock Root. Fresh Coconut Milk, Handmade Oat Milk, Organic Coconut Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Unrefined Shea Butter, Castor Bean Oil, Ayurvedic Powders of: Aritha, Shikakai, Aloe Vera, Amla, Henna, Brahmi, Indigo & Bhringraj. Kaolin Clay, Honey, Tussah Silk & Essential Oil blend of Juniper Berry, Lemongrass & Ginger.
Sounds lovely. I've been wanting to try my hand at shampoo bars for years now. Maybe I'll finally give it a shot now that we're in a bigger place with proper ventilation.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Sounds lovely. I've been wanting to try my hand at shampoo bars for years now. Maybe I'll finally give it a shot now that we're in a bigger place with proper ventilation.

I know you have small kids like me, so you could eliminate the chemicals and buy a base. I use one made with Buttermilk & Oatmeal for my kids. All you have to do is melt it, add your additives then mold & its ready to use. Wholesalesuppliesplus has decent, cheap bases for like $7 for 2 pounds. I was able to make them around 10 bars and that was 2 years ago and we still have some from that batch.

My shampoo bars, I make from scratch but I only mix them outside on my balcony. I'm afraid of the fumes lingering in my house.

water_n_oil

I know you have small kids like me, so you could eliminate the chemicals and buy a base. I use one made with Buttermilk & Oatmeal for my kids. All you have to do is melt it, add your additives then mold & its ready to use. Wholesalesuppliesplus has decent, cheap bases for like $7 for 2 pounds. I was able to make them around 10 bars and that was 2 years ago and we still have some from that batch.

My shampoo bars, I make from scratch but I only mix them outside on my balcony. I'm afraid of the fumes lingering in my house.
Yep, the kids are exactly why I hadn't tried it yet. I was looking up goat milk and oatmeal bases recently. Oatmeal is great for dd2's eczema and I simply like how goat milk bars feel on our skin. And wow, I got a wave a nostalgia reading "Wholesalesuppliesplus ". Haven't ordered from them in a long time.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Yep, the kids are exactly why I hadn't tried it yet. I was looking up goat milk and oatmeal bases recently. Oatmeal is great for dd2's eczema and I simply like how goat milk bars feel on our skin. And wow, I got a wave a nostalgia reading "Wholesalesuppliesplus ". Haven't ordered from them in a long time.

Yeah my littlest one suffers from eczema too but I've been able to control it with:
1) The Buttermilk & Oatmeal soap I was telling you about upthread
2) Using a DIY Oatmeal & Calendula Milk Bath instead of bubblebath. It has Colloidal Oatmeal, Calendula Powder, Coconut Milk, Honey & Sweet Orange EO.
3) Calendula & Shea Butter Body Pomade.

Cold weather produces the worst flare ups. I'm looking forward to the warmer months for a little ease on all his scratching.

And I love Wholesalesuppliesplus. I got a few of my raw Ingrediants from them.

Rozlewis

Pre-poo: Olaplex No. 3 for 15 mins
Poo: The Mane Choice Exotic Cool Laid Shampoo 2x
DC: KJ Naturals Rosemary Coconut Conditioner for 30 mins under heat cap
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Foam: The Mane Choice
Style: Flexi Rods
Dry: Pibbs for 60 mins

Aggie

My hendigo on the weekend past did absolutely nothing in terms of color deposit for my hair so I am doing another one this coming weekend.

I will be using one from the DR. In fact, most my products used this weekend will be from the DR - my shampoo, henna, protein DC, and color. Will update later on the rest of what I will be using.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tonight:
Ferment some R/W for Saturday's Wash (RW Thread got me):laugh:

Saturday a.m.:
Pre-Poo: African Pride's Pre-Shampoo Treatment (several hours)
Cleanse: HydroQuench Systems Strawberry & Lime Cleanser
Treat: She Scent It: Okra Reconstructor (Under Dryer)
Steam: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (Under Steamer)
R/O: Vanart Creme Rinse
LCO: Liquid Cream Oil (Miscellaneous)
Air Dry

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Scalp Treatment: Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Cleanse: Ouidad Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil
Protein (maybe :yawn: ): Nexxus Emergencée Reconstructing Treatment
DC: Soultanicals Sprout Rice Tonic & KB Green Tea and Babassu DC mixed with APB Garlic Conditioner (so I can use them up)
Post-wash: will be back with this later

Bun Mistress

oh the weekend has come so soon. I don't know. I still have straighten hair. I don't need to wash it just yet. I may if I feel up to it. Today I just applied some dry shampoo and put some shea butter on my edges. I will put a little split end treatment on my ends tomorrow morning and bun for the weekend.

Bun Mistress

My hendigo on the weekend past did absolutely nothing in terms of color deposit for my hair so I am doing another one this coming weekend.

I will be using one from the DR. In fact, most my products used this weekend will be from the DR - my shampoo, henna, protein DC, and color. Will update later on the rest of what I will be using.

I find that you hav to use a henna that has a high amount of red if you have having coverage issues or occasionally shampoo your hair in some way.

But color resistance may be a good thing. The healthier my hair gets the harder it is to henna. When it was super damaged I could do a 2 hour henna without letting it develop first and have red hair. Now I need to two step 2 or 3 times for reddish blackish hair.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
This morning

Clarify - V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze shampoo
Moisture Poo - Mizani Milk Bath
DC - Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
L - Hask Argan Oil 5 - N - 1
O - Africa's Best Herbal Oil
C - Creme of Natural Curl Activator Cream
Gel (to lay down edges) - Ampro Olive Oil gel

Aggie

I find that you hav to use a henna that has a high amount of red if you have having coverage issues or occasionally shampoo your hair in some way.

But color resistance may be a good thing. The healthier my hair gets the harder it is to henna. When it was super damaged I could do a 2 hour henna without letting it develop first and have red hair. Now I need to two step 2 or 3 times for reddish blackish hair.
I'm aware of all this but thank you. I know my henna is a little old and perhaps I should throw them out since they are depositing little to no color right now.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I think my plan is:

Pre-poo: Chebe mask from Curls and Potion

Shampoo: AF Stimulating Shampoo

RW rinse

Conditioner: Fenugreek (prepared using Conscious Beauty technique) mixed with aloe vera powder, bhringraj and Garlic conditioner