March 2017: Hits & Misses

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hit: Guava Leaf Tea Leave-in Hair Rinse. It does help reduce shedding, but I love what it does for my hair - soft for days, moisturized, smooth, cool to the touch, and plays well with my oils.

Hit: My extra-large silk bonnet from EverlyProducts on Etsy. I wear this thing inside-out all the time while at home without company. I need to get 1-2 more to put in rotation, but it is holding up well despite frequent hand washing.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Random Hits (in no particular order):
WEN's Oil, Remoist and Cleansing Conditioner
Cream & Coco's Spun Sugar Reconstructor
Cathy Howse UBH
C.Da.ught.ers Bla.ck V.an.illa Smoo.thie DC'er
M.i.s.s J.ess.ie's Sup.er S.weet.ba.ck Treat.men.t
Hairveda's Moist 24/7
Sarenzo's Creamy Oil(s)
NW21
Tea Rinsing
Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion
Mission:Condition's Caramel T.reat.ment
Bel Nouv's Deep Moisture Butter
BeeMine's Luscious Hair Creme
Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (Original)

Last edited:

Smiley79

Continued Hit
Rainshow'r shower filter-soften up my hard water! I need to repurchase the filter.

Miss
Soultanicals Knot Sauce- It wasn't a complete fail, but it fell short of what I expected it to be after all the hype I've heard about it. For the price, I was expecting more detangling power. Hopefully I will have a better experience with their other detangling products.

HIT
Theorie's Helichrysum Nourishing Conditioner- This was blind buy from Marshall's. The slip was good; I do not like the scent. I did enjoy this as a nice rinse out conditioner after my DC sessions or as a quick morning cowash conditioner. I like that it left my hair feeling hydrated but not limp. I plan to try more from this line.

Creme of Nature Coconut Conditioner- I bought it after hearing Tracee Simmons rave about the slip, and referring to it as a "relaxer in a bottle". It was a good conditioner with good slip and a pleasant scent. It did make detangling easier in the shower. I won't repurchase it because I have yet to find an in-store conditioner that can meet or beat the detangling power of Shescentit Avocado conditioner. I prefer to keep on searching.

Mane Choice 3n1 Conditioner (Initial experience)
I was very hesitant about this product. 3 n 1? Hmmm. Well I actually enjoyed it. The scent was very pleasant. I love using this after working out. I get a mild cleansing and a conditioning treat all in one. However, I find that my hair felt a tad bit dry after using it, nothing major. So far I have used it twice. By the time I finish the bottle I'll know if this is a "HIT" worth repurchasing.

Shea Moisture Hair Perfume (Manuka Honey)
The scent is divine; the Manuka honey is one of my faves from SM ...the lasting power is rather weak so I will not repurchase it again unless I find it as Ross or on clearance for cheaper.

Marcella Herbal Alopecia Anti-Inflammatory Shampoo Bar (Initial review)
Blind buy from an Etsy shop who specializes in all- natural products that activate dormant follicles. (Honestly, this starts with taking care of the problem from the inside but I was happy to find a product that can help the topical area as well) This is my first time ever trying a shampoo bar; she caught my attention with the ingredients that are quite helpful for my particular alopecia condition. This bar was very moisturizing. My hair surrendered to my hands as I massaged it into my scalp. My hair felt clean but not stripped like straw. I immediately followed with my fave deep conditoner and I had no problems at all. I look forward to using up this bar and see if it helps to keep my scalp happy.
Store link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/278493480/the-alopecia-anti-inflammatory?ref=shop_home_active_1

Aggie

BIG MISS:

Okay my hair officially hates Paul Mitchell, The Detangler. It is gosh awful with absolutely no slip on my hair. It felt like I was just putting water on it so this will be given away. I have a liter unopened and a liter that I used twice already, hoping this time that it would be better on my hair but no. It was just as bad as my first time using it.

Last edited:

naturalyogini

Miss:
After using it 4 times and then adding ACV and honey to it. I can officially say that the Carol's Daughter Rhassoul softening mask is a miss for me. Not enough moisture when I rinse it out.

Clutch your pearls! Inahsi leave-in is a miss. I bought 3 bottles of this and I swear they changed the formula. It does not detangle. Does not have enough slip. Does not have enough moisture and leaves my hair dry. (sigh, broken heart) moving on. The only products from this line that work on my hair are the shampoos. Next up to try Curls Dynasty, maybe.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Miss:

Clutch your pearls! Inahsi leave-in is a miss. I bought 3 bottles of this and I swear they changed the formula. It does not detangle. Does not have enough slip. Does not have enough moisture and leaves my hair dry. (sigh, broken heart) moving on. The only products from this line that work on my hair are the shampoos. Next up to try Curls Dynasty, maybe.
Sorry to hear that!
I used to love this leave in and hate to hear the formula may have changed. I can't use any of their other products because they love to use mango butter which is a no-no for my hair.

Aggie

@rileypak @naturalyogini
I did like the Mango Hemp Restorative DC'er. :look:

I still have the Mint Conditioner Imma use as a R/O, the L-I and the Cowash.

I guess I should get to those soon.

I hope there isn't something I absolutely hate from them. Which will make it easier to get through my Inashi stash.

ETA: Rileypak - You are absolutely right, they lurve their Mango.:lachen:

My hair hated Inahsi's Curl Custard I think it's called. I haven't used anything else by them as yet. I hope they are not a bust for me.

ETA:

But if they are, I guess it's okay because my hair likes a whole lot of other products :yep:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Custards are styling products. I used it in a wash and go and it was horrible. I got the Hemp Deep Conditioner and 2 bottles of the Shampoo.
@Aggie
It looks like the 'Poo's got a decent review.:yep:

I think I have: x2-x3 of the DC'er, x2 of the L-I's, x2 of the Mint Conditioner *love this - had it before as a final r/o* and x1 of the Cowash? I think?

Aggie

@Aggie
It looks like the 'Poo's got a decent review.:yep:

I think I have: x2-x3 of the DC'er, x2 of the L-I's, x2 of the Mint Conditioner *love this - had it before as a final r/o* and x1 of the Cowash? I think?
Turns out I have 2 of the Hemp DC. I see you didn't like it. I'll use it soon and see what my hair has to say about it. I will update as soon as I do.

naturalyogini

@rileypak @naturalyogini
I did like the Mango Hemp Restorative DC'er. :look:

I still have the Mint Conditioner Imma use as a R/O, the L-I and the Cowash.

I guess I should get to those soon.

I hope there isn't something I absolutely hate from them. Which will make it easier to get through my Inashi stash.

ETA: Rileypak - You are absolutely right, they lurve their Mango.:lachen:
The mint r/o felt good when rinsed out. Not enough slip for me. However after rinsing it out, my hair stands up on top like a halo. Must be a pH thing for my hair. The co-wash was horrible on my hair. I don't think they changed the formula for the leave-in. When I first used it, the weather was hot (summer). I think for me, it's a seasonal product. I had the same problem with Cush Cosmetics. It worked in the hot desert, but not in humid weather. Go figure.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Revisited Hit:
APB Ultra Conditioning Soufflé. This stuff is heaven in a jar. I used 5oz out an 8oz jar. I might have been a tad heavy handed, but not by that much. Super soft hair, 3 knots and tangles.

Always Hits:
APB Capuacu and Avocado Moisturizer. I use it as a leave it. Very creamy and decent slip.

QB Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. #detanglebae layers on top of my APB, knot-free city. They don't stand a chance.

QB ABCDEFG Butter. I don't need to add extra to my ends when using this.

Miss: Nothin at the moment.

AgeinATL

New Hit
Oui.dad double detangling comb. This looked very scary but I kept hearing good things so I took the plunge. It did an awesome job detangling my hair. I did take some getting used to, but once i got the hang of it, it was a breeze.

It looks so heavy and bulky! I really want to try one though. Do you have a Hercules Sageman rake? If so, can you compare them?