March 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I returned every single hair and body item I purchased in February. The money was burning a hole in my pocket, so it was only right that I spend it! :lachen:
I purchased the following with the refund:

House of Beauty:
*5 yes 5 big jars (16.9 ounces) of Joico Moisture Recovery balm.
*Hicks Edge Control
Got almost $30 off with the discount code SALE20

While I was in a spending mood:

Yesterday from Target:
Alikay Naturals lemongrass leave in
Mielle Organics peony leave in
Kinky Curly Custard
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
(Testing out liquid leave in's & getting prepared for slick spring/summer high buns)

Sally's:
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler

Also grabbed some hourglass rollers from a member here.
2 packs of pink
2 packs of white

As soon as I hit my 2nd trimester in 2 weeks, I'll be coloring my hair so I'm about to pick up some jet black hair color.

And now that my wallet hates me, I'll be letting it rest for a few weeks before I pick up some spring clothes. :lachen:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Ordered The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Conditioner.

Reason for purchase: I'm still searching for something that moisturizes my hair for multiple days the way Oyin Hair Dew does, but that smells good. I wouldn't mind if the product added a little sheen/shine to my hair, either. I'm hoping I can leave this product in.

Next?: If TMC AE Conditioner doesn't do a great job, the next conditioner I'm going to invest in is the TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner. The ingredients look amazing, and the reviews look super promising.

TGIN conditioner ingredients: AQUA Water Infused with Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Camellia Cinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbedensis Leaf Juice Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argania Spinosa (Moroccan Argan) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Honey, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wort) Flower, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pro Vitamin B5, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Rosemary Extract, Fragrance (Parfum).

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I returned every single hair and body item I purchased in February. The money was burning a hole in my pocket, so it was only right that I spend it! :lachen:
I purchased the following with the refund:

House of Beauty:
*5 yes 5 big jars (16.9 ounces) of Joico Moisture Recovery balm.
*Hicks Edge Control
Got almost $30 off with the discount code SALE20

While I was in a spending mood:

Yesterday from Target:
Alikay Naturals lemongrass leave in
Mielle Organics peony leave in
Kinky Curly Custard
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
(Testing out liquid leave in's & getting prepared for slick spring/summer high buns)

Sally's:
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler

Also grabbed some hourglass rollers from a member here.
2 packs of pink
2 packs of white

As soon as I hit my 2nd trimester in 2 weeks, I'll be coloring my hair so I'm about to pick up some jet black hair color.

And now that my wallet hates me, I'll be letting it rest for a few weeks before I pick up some spring clothes. :lachen:

Returned the Mielle leave in. The Alikay Naturals was superior to it in terms of moisture and slip.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
First-time purchase: Mielle Organics Honey & Ginger Styling Gel
First-time order: Sample of Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

A goal is to compare the QCTDG's performance to Oyin Hair Dew. This sample came from Ebay. I really hope it's "okay." I just can't purchase the regular size of the ghee at its current price in order to see if I like it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
First-time purchase: TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In
First-time purchase: Honey Baby Naturals Knot My Honey Instant Detangler
First-time purchase: Mielle Organics Edge Gel (I don't think I mentioned this already)

When I got up to the register at Target, I told the checkout lady, "You know what: I'm not going to get this one" (the HBN detangler). She said: "Why not? Will you get it for $3 less?" I was surprised! I said, "Sure." I had no idea the cashiers at Target will haggle with you. Wow!

Next: Nioxin Scalp Dermabrasion Treatment . . . then I think I've satisfied my hair products curiosity about 95%! :clap:

GGsKin

CodeRed

1x Salon Care 360 Mist Sprayer (already tried it, and love it)

I just saw this sprayer in the bss for the first time today. They were $9.99 I think. With Sally's card and coupons though they'd be cheaper... I'm glad to hear they work. I might get one just cause :lol:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
@Nightingale
I have a similar little scalp brush thingy. How are you using it to detangle?

I never used/tried it.

After applying my DC, I just hold it in my palm and gently detangle from ends to roots.

I like that the "bristles" are thick, smooth, and widely spaced. They dont snag my hair at all. The palm hold give me more control than with a typical brush handle, plus its easier to hold when wet.

Last edited: