March 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

LynnieB

Just slather it on without the egg, do the egg thing later :) I forgot how good cholesterol is for deep conditioning.

I seriously need to update my pics. I just did a good 2 inch trim a few weeks ago. Got rid of old ends that were getting spiderwebby and a pain in the butt during detangling. Longest layers were buttcrack(snicker) but needed to go.

Not going to straighten I don't think but will blow it out. Will post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

How's your hair journey going? Gosh, I have some catching up to do!

LynnieB

Good to see you @LynnieB. You have been missed from around here with your long luscious hair that's so drool :drool: worthy

Hello Aggie! How's it going? Awww thanks for the love but look at all the drool worthy on these boards, so many lovely heads like yours and IdareT's along with our relaxed sisters.

I admit to my curiosity and wondered how many ladies remain natural here?

I realized I'm fast approaching my 10 year anniversary and it's hard to believe so much time has gone by!

Nice to see us older ladies representing too! Beautiful AND extremely inspirational!

Can't believe I'm about to hit 55 at the end of the summer......DANG!:)

Pmpomatic

@Pmpomatic
Have you received this yet? If so, how many servings are in the container? Also, please provide a mini review.

TIA

@MileHighDiva I picked up the protein powder on Saturday from the post office. It states there are 30 servings but there may be a little more since it is packed close to the brim. I've been using Vega protein & greens mixed with another brown rice protein prior to use of this product. It looks and smells exactly like Vega (I listed the two products below to compare) with some of the same ingredients. The smell is sweet. I can't smell the greens. The powder is a tan color and very light. A black scoop is provided. I did a typical afternoon blend of frozen/fresh fruit, protein powder, Maca root, egg, and almond milk (I usually use 2%). I've tried it several times and the consistency ranged from thin (nutribullet) to medium thick (cheap Walmart blender). It blended well, wasn't too sweet, no aftertaste and didn't have a greens taste.

Vega protein & greens- $24.99 for ~18 oz (18 servings) at Walmart.
PEA PROTEIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC ALFALFA GRASS POWDER, PEA STARCH, BROWN RICE PROTEIN, HEMP PROTEIN, SACHA INCHI PROTEIN, SPINACH POWDER, BROCCOLI POWDER, STEVIA LEAF EXTRACT, PAPAIN POWDER, ORGANIC KALE POWDER, XANTHAN GUM.

Beautifully Bamboo Silica +protein- $39 for ~32 oz ( little over 30 servings)
Pea Protein, Supergreen Proprietary Blend including Spirulina, Broccoli powder, Barley Grass Powder, Alfalfa Leaf powder, Wheat Grass powder, chlorella, Spinach powder, Kelp, Bamboo Silica, Organic Hemp protein, Natural Flavors, Sacha Inchi Protein, Milled Chia, Stevia Leaf Extract, Dulse

I'm ok with the sweetness but this may be a complaint for others.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva I picked up the protein powder on Saturday from the post office. It states there are 30 servings but there may be a little more since it is packed close to the brim. I've been using Vega protein & greens mixed with another brown rice protein prior to use of this product. It looks and smells exactly like Vega (I listed the two products below to compare) with some of the same ingredients. The smell is sweet. I can't smell the greens. The powder is a tan color and very light. A black scoop is provided. I did a typical afternoon blend of frozen/fresh fruit, protein powder, Maca root, egg, and almond milk (I usually use 2%). I've tried it several times and the consistency ranged from thin (nutribullet) to medium thick (cheap Walmart blender). It blended well, wasn't too sweet, no aftertaste and didn't have a greens taste.

Vega protein & greens- $24.99 for ~18 oz (18 servings) at Walmart.
PEA PROTEIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC ALFALFA GRASS POWDER, PEA STARCH, BROWN RICE PROTEIN, HEMP PROTEIN, SACHA INCHI PROTEIN, SPINACH POWDER, BROCCOLI POWDER, STEVIA LEAF EXTRACT, PAPAIN POWDER, ORGANIC KALE POWDER, XANTHAN GUM.

Beautifully Bamboo Silica +protein- $39 for ~32 oz ( little over 30 servings)
Pea Protein, Supergreen Proprietary Blend including Spirulina, Broccoli powder, Barley Grass Powder, Alfalfa Leaf powder, Wheat Grass powder, chlorella, Spinach powder, Kelp, Bamboo Silica, Organic Hemp protein, Natural Flavors, Sacha Inchi Protein, Milled Chia, Stevia Leaf Extract, Dulse

I'm ok with the sweetness but this may be a complaint for others.
Thank you for the thorough review!:giveheart: