March 2018 What Did You Buy This Week?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
:wavey:Hi Ladies!

I'm looking for Vitamin E oil. I saw the Jason's brand in the store last night but it wasn't pure Vitamin E oil. Do you know what brands I can purchase some pure Vitamin E oil from?

This is the brand I use
41j4EB+pp3L._SY355_.jpg

It is pure Vitamin E with no other oils or additives. I purchase it from CVS and it's usually kept in the Vitamin isle. I wait until they have a BOGO sale to buy it. I have also purchased some from my Commissary on the military base.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Can't wait for your review of this!

So far: I used it once after clarifying my hair one day. I left the mask in for at least 8 hours, no heat. (I had to run out with it in my hair in a puff.)

I need to keep trialing it before I can accept my initial impressions below.

The good: My hair definitely felt soft and conditioned after I rinsed it out with cool water.

The interesting: It seemed to hold my hair slightly elongated while it was in. That could've been my imagination, though. Lol.

The just okay: I don't think it's as moisturizing on my hair as the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey masque is on my hair. So, for that reason only, I probably won't repurchase it.

Last edited:

TaurusGirl2001

JBCO Extra Dark
KC Knot Today
Camille Rose Twisting Butter
Aunt Jackies Flaxseed Gel
GVP Sebastian Potion 9
GVP Silk Remedy
GVP Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
2 Satin Bonnets
As I Am Coconut Co Wash
Plastic Caps
Tea tree oil
Sweet Almond oil
Jojoba oil
Avocado oil

*Basically I just did too much lol*

Dee-Licious

The Mane Choice website. Got an email with a code, but it was only good for like an hour.
I got 4 products last night. I saw the code before I was heading out the house... sent it to my SIL and had to run. I would have spent more time looking through if I had more time.

I didn't even have time to post the code on LHCF for a thread it went so fast because I saw it with less than 15 minutes before it was expiring.

I was trying to get my total over $50 to not have to pay shipping; I didn't have time to keep looking need to run out of the door, but I paid $40 for all 4 with shipping.

Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Cuticle Control Control Leave-In Lotion x 1

Healthy Hair Growth Regimen Boosting Kit x 1

Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration Serum Oil Mist x 1

Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Split-End Treatment Serum x 1

Total:
$40.54 US

Miss617

Always left of center
I got 4 products last night. I saw the code before I was heading out the house... sent it to my SIL and had to run. I would have spent more time looking through if I had more time.

I didn't even have time to post the code on LHCF for a thread it went so fast because I saw it with less than 15 minutes before it was expiring.

I was trying to get my total over $50 to not have to pay shipping; I didn't have time to keep looking need to run out of the door, but I paid $40 for all 4 with shipping.

Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Cuticle Control Control Leave-In Lotion x 1

Healthy Hair Growth Regimen Boosting Kit x 1

Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration Serum Oil Mist x 1

Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Split-End Treatment Serum x 1

Total:
$40.54 US

Nice haul! Yeah, I didn't have time to post the code, I saw the email when there were only like 10 minutes left, so I just bought what I was familiar with.

Dee-Licious

Nice haul! Yeah, I didn't have time to post the code, I saw the email when there were only like 10 minutes left, so I just bought what I was familiar with.
I researched what I bought this morning. I was just clicking and buying out the door not all the way sure of the products.:lol: I had never even heard of that hair boosting kit.
I would have liked to have gotten that 4 leaf clover edge control/freeze, but it was sold out.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
  1. Devacurl Wash Day Wonder :love: This ish is delicious.
    Milbon AX Hair Treatment B+
What?!????? How so? What does it compare to? I have watched every YT video about it. Thank God it's not in my Ulta yet. I'm so curious, but I can't justify products except if I'm lacking something. Is the slip and detanglability REALLY as sick as they say? Jesus be a fence, as in a purchase preventer. :smile:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Thanks! Good idea! Does she share her recipe or ingredients anywhere? I had a hard time finding the product at her site (I'm on my phone.) I'll try to view the videos this week.

You order it through her email provided on her channel. She doesn’t share her blend but she does require you to notify her of any allergies prior to you receiving an invoice to avoid any reactions to her ingredients.

Aggie

Okay I finally made a couple of purchases and bought some fragrance oils from www.bulkapothecary.com and www.fromnaturewithlove.com for my body and hair Shea Butter blends.

From FNWL I bought:

Birthday Cake
Vanilla Sandalwood
Eucalyptus Spearmint
Frosted Lemon Cake
Ylang Ylang

From BA:

Allure Fragrance Oil
Apple Cinnamon
Cucumber Melon
Dragon's Blood
Eucalyptus Mint
Frankincense and Myrrh
Jasmine Frangipani
Lavender Vanilla
Peony PF
Salted Caramel
Sandalwood 2
Sandalwood Rose
Sandalwood Vanilla

outspokenwallflower

What?!????? How so? What does it compare to? I have watched every YT video about it. Thank God it's not in my Ulta yet. I'm so curious, but I can't justify products except if I'm lacking something. Is the slip and detanglability REALLY as sick as they say? Jesus be a fence, as in a purchase preventer. :smile:

I’m not natural but i am transitioning - the tangles from the two textures and the breakage when attempting to de tangle on wash day is horrible. This just made a comb - not even my fingers mind you - slip right through with ease. I’m not sure if there’s anything I personally have that’s comparable. I just know I’m glad I have Devacurl my money. I didn’t want to wait to order from sephora or Ulta so I bought it at their salon and it’s a KEEPER.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I’m not natural but i am transitioning - the tangles from the two textures and the breakage when attempting to de tangle on wash day is horrible. This just made a comb - not even my fingers mind you - slip right through with ease. I’m not sure if there’s anything I personally have that’s comparable. I just know I’m glad I have Devacurl my money. I didn’t want to wait to order from sephora or Ulta so I bought it at their salon and it’s a KEEPER.

:cry3:

I want it!!! If it stops detangling-induced breakage and thus helps maintain the integrity of my strands . . . mayuuuuuunnnnnn!

What does it smell like?