March 2019: Hits & Misses

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Gigantic Hit:

Following Conscious Beauty's method for fenugreek powder. One tablespoon of fenugreek powder and roughly 12 Oz of water yielded 3 frozen bars AND a fourth dose I used in my deep conditioner today. It was absolutely smooth and slippery with zero residue in my hair. I will definitely make another batch since you can freeze it for future use.

BeautifulRoots

This month, I've been revisiting products and techniques that used to work for my hair years ago. So here goes:

HIT
Vatika Oil -- oldie but goodie. Found some in my stash and decided to give it another whirl. Why on earth did I ever stop using it!? My hair is seriously in love with this stuff. It's here to stay.

Blowdrying before twisting -- I usually air dry before putting in two strand twists. This wash day, I remembered that I used to blow dry before twisting. Stellar results, way better than air drying for me. With blowdrying, the twists show more length, stays stretched vs. shrinking and frizzing after a few days, and hair looks shinier.

MSM -- Yo, I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to try it. I think MSM may become a staple for me. I don't want to get too excited too soon though, but it's been amazing so far. I've been using it internally as well as topically on my skin and hair. I've noticed my skin has made rapid improvements such as lightening dark spots, reduced pore size, clearer skin, brighter complexion, and glowy skin. It's exciting. I mixed a little in spray bottle and when I sprayed my hair, I was shocked at how smooth and silky my hair felt. I'm going to keep experimenting with it, but great results so far!