March 2020: Hits & Misses

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

My DIY Mud Mask, cleansing and moisturizing
Terra Veda Organix Curl Bath Conditioner, so much slip and moisture when smoothing in
Terra Veda Organix Curl Primer Styling Serum, great as a primer to start off a washngo, hair was shiny prior to adding styler

Continued Hits

Terra Veda Curl Slayer Cur Definer Gel, softening, boingy curls. Reminders of the old UFD gel
Terra Veda Fresh Whip Styling Foam, really nice mousse, does the job, you just need to smooth
SheabyNae Pumpkin oil, softening, smells good and slightly gives sheen

Misses

Terra Veda Organix Curl Bath Conditioner ,not cost effective. I used half the bottle
Terra Veda Organix Curl Primer Styling Serum , not cost effective. I used half the bottle

Hairties

Hit

Curl origin chocolate cowash. First time purchase. Works great, didn’t need a lot. Cleansing but moisturizing. Great for a mid week wash to refresh. I got two containers so I’m happy with the purchase. Once its warmer I will probably be cowashing every few days so this will be great. I wish it had a pump, it would be a great addition.

Miss

Nature’s Little Secret Fenugreek Prepoo- So disappointed in this. Not at all moisturizing, and didn’t feel like it worked. I also kept using more so there isn’t a lot left. When I felt the texture I was reminded of African pride’s prepoo so I thought it would be great. I mostly detangled one side with it. The other side i just separated and clipped it up. I tried detangling under the shower and it was pitiful. Not to mention the bits took two rinses to get out. I used Design Essentials detangling aloe and avocado shampoo and that one is moisturizing and detangling.

I have 2 more products from this brand, the banana leave in and Irish moss cream. I’ll try them next wash day. But this was a fail of a first impression.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Tentative Hit

TerreneFusions Protein Free Curl Smoothie, great slip so far. Even with the Aloe Vera Juice. Let’s see how it dries tomorrow though.

Hit
NLS Flaxseed Custard, light and creamy. My hair wasn’t defined because of how I tied my hair up but it had a lot of volume

Miss
NLS Flaxseed Custard, the hold is too light for me. Especially if I wanted to wear a washngo. I would have to cocktail it. Type 3s might love this though.

Last edited:

Hairties

@Hairties
I think the "Milk" (Strengthing DC'er) was my favorite of the things I tried.

I am pretty much a one & done with them.:yawn:

I ended up trying the banana and Irish moss. I’m not wowed by either one. Both felt somewhat moisturizing initially and then blah. I sealed uhurus castor oil mix. My hair isn’t dry but I’ll probably want to cowash by Wednesday and use my regular products. I only used them because I know I have shescentit and soultanicals coming. So good wash days are ahead of me.

One and done.

Hits
Uniqurl fantasy 5 min conditioner-
I used this once the other week. I didn’t have high expectations but it was great. Good slip and moisturizing. I haven’t opened the silkening yet because I plan to use it with heat or steam.

Uniqurl 4 in 1 styler
I would not use this as a one and done. My hair needs something under it. I’ve used it at least 3 times. Love the definition and the soft hold. It’s great if you just need a little definition. I don’t use heavy gels because I’m quick to refresh and I am usually using a spritz or oil. I’ve used it on clean wet hair and loved the definition. However the moisture was not there so I washed it out a day or so later. Used it with Gorgeously Kinky milk leave in and the Camille Rose milk. Both worked well and gave me the moisture and definition.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Hairties
As I finish up this 2nd and final jar of NLS Fenugreek Pre-Poo, I am thinking your jar has consistency issues?

I haven't experienced pieces & particles left in my hair from either jar, so it has to be a consistency issue? What do you think @Bette Davis Eyes

You are absolutely right, Ms. Hairties, it does put you in the mind of African Pride's but not nearly as slippy or effective at detangling.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@Hairties
As I finish up this 2nd and final jar of NLS Fenugreek Pre-Poo, I am thinking your jar has consistency issues?

I haven't experienced pieces & particles left in my hair from either jar, so it has to be a consistency issue? What do you think @Bette Davis Eyes

You are absolutely right, Ms. Hairties, it does put you in the mind of African Pride's but not nearly as slippy or effective at detangling.
Mine doesn’t have any particles or pieces. It’s creamy and moves when you shake it @IDareT'sHair

Hairties

@Bette Davis Eyes
@IDareT'sHair

Hi I opened it back up. It does have a few chunky pieces but this remainder is mostly smooth. It washed out from my deep conditioner completely so I’m not too mad at it. It’s a one and done though for me. I used the soultanicals fenugreek just to enjoy the fenugreek for my wash day. I put in an order from HoB including the African pride prepoo. A much better option for me.

here are the pics. Does it look similar to the batches you guys have?

Attachments

• 539A7FE1-0044-4D30-9DB4-72B96A698577.jpeg
    539A7FE1-0044-4D30-9DB4-72B96A698577.jpeg
    742.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 976E9D0A-9DF9-431D-9F84-8BC8E92C2338.jpeg
    976E9D0A-9DF9-431D-9F84-8BC8E92C2338.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 8

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Hit: heating up two cheap conditioners w/oil for detangling some matted hair.

Miss: Cutting my hair off too dang soon. Now I don’t have anything to play in.