March No Buy Challenge (2017)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This will be a very quick no buy. I need to suspend my hair purchases so that I can save $$$ and use what I have. Between my stash and my daughter's, I'm running out of space.

If you want to join me then:
1. Like this post
2. List your goals
3. Put away your debit card
4. Ignore emails from vendors (temptation)
5. You are allowed 1 emergency pass. Let us know if/when you use it or bank it for the next challenge.

Official start date is March 1st and the challenge ends March 31st.

Aggie

I'm in :yep:.

I am trying to pay off the balance of a credit card bill that I cut up late last year. I won't get anything unless it is a replacement of one of my staple hair products. I probably won't need anything before the month is up though. Also I am going to Canada to see my sister and family there in August, so I need to save some funds for that trip.

Curls&Justice417

I'm in for sure. I even stocked up on oils so I see no reason why I should have to buy ANY products in March. My goals are to simply save money and use up the products I have. I don't have the money to be buying new products every week just because everyone else has tried it. I have a big wish list but I'll wait until I use some stuff up.:yep:

Aggie

I know this challenge starts officially March 1st, I think I'm starting now :yep:. I really don't have to buy anything right now.

I have a ton of vitamins, shampoos, poo bars, teas, mud masks, conditioners, treatments, hair coloring and color boosters, oils, butters, natural herbs like marshmallow root and slippery elm plus others, henna, indigo, leave-ins, gels...you name it, I gat it!

Oh yeah...I forgot, I have about 2 dozen wigs too:giggle:.

Aggie

I haven't bought anything for my hair since I joined this challenge. I am gonna work this challenge and pay up some bills for sure. My motivation for ANY purchase is at least 40% off with free shipping on as little as $25 on anything I need before March 1st. It's a stretch, I know. But that's the idea.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got a wig last week. Now I can officially hide my debit card... I really shouldn't have to buy anything for at least 2 months.

I ordered a wig stand, more Uncurly keratin, and Long term relationship leave in cream. Don't yall let me buy anything else:naughty:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I need this challenge! I gave away about 70 percent of my stash recently. As I was sorting through products I realize how much money I put into being a product junkie. I can't do this anymore.

Now I just want to focus on using the rest of my stuff and then stick to one or two lines. Vitale and Vitale pro product give me the most consistent results so I'm sticking to that brand.

Aggie

I need this challenge! I gave away about 70 percent of my stash recently. As I was sorting through products I realize how much money I put into being a product junkie. I can't do this anymore.

Now I just want to focus on using the rest of my stuff and then stick to one or two lines. Vitale and Vitale pro product give me the most consistent results so I'm sticking to that brand.
@Napp

What specifically in the Vitale Pro line are you using and which would you say the best for moisturizing and strengthening deep conditioners? Oh and what about the shampoos? have you tried the relaxers on anyone as yet? How are they? I realize that there are a few relaxer choices too so which one would be best for texlaxing?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp

What specifically in the Vitale Pro line are you using and which would you say the best for moisturizing and strengthening deep conditioners? Oh and what about the shampoos? have you tried the relaxers on anyone as yet? How are they? I realize that there are a few relaxer choices too so which one would be best for texlaxing?

So far I use:
watercress nourishing shampoo: hair feels clean
without over drying the hair.

Quench moisturizing conditioner. great slip and gets even the hardest of tangles out after letting it sit for a couple of minutes.

Triple blend reconstructor: works great with heat or no heat. gives me a boost of protein but doesn't make my hair feel hard

Super conditioner: I've only used once so far. I want to use it a bit more before I make a decision

Leave in and styling conditioner: I like this as a styler. I mainly use it to slick back my hair. it will flake if I put too much though.

Mystic oil: great oil. doesn't make hair feel greasy. a little goes a long way and can boost performance of super conditioner.

3 in 1 design lotion: I love this for blowouts. the hair dries faster and smoother with this. I would also like to try it to set braidouts or twistouts eventually

Silken hold spritz: my straightened hair can't hold a curl well when straight so I use this to get curls to last.

There are a few things I would like to try in this line but I want to finish everything else first.

I haven't used the pro relaxers but I do like the ideal and life and body from the regular line.

Aggie

So far I use:
watercress nourishing shampoo: hair feels clean
without over drying the hair.

Quench moisturizing conditioner. great slip and gets even the hardest of tangles out after letting it sit for a couple of minutes.

Triple blend reconstructor: works great with heat or no heat. gives me a boost of protein but doesn't make my hair feel hard

Super conditioner: I've only used once so far. I want to use it a bit more before I make a decision

Leave in and styling conditioner: I like this as a styler. I mainly use it to slick back my hair. it will flake if I put too much though.

Mystic oil: great oil. doesn't make hair feel greasy. a little goes a long way and can boost performance of super conditioner.

3 in 1 design lotion: I love this for blowouts. the hair dries faster and smoother with this. I would also like to try it to set braidouts or twistouts eventually

Silken hold spritz: my straightened hair can't hold a curl well when straight so I use this to get curls to last.

There are a few things I would like to try in this line but I want to finish everything else first.

I haven't used the pro relaxers but I do like the ideal and life and body from the regular line.
Wowwwww! This was a great review. I can get that line and was wondering about it's performance before biting the bullet. Thanks sooooo much @Napp. This was truly very helpful :kiss:

Thump

Scorpio Queen

You are stronger than me :lachen: I got most of my stuff subscribing to Curlbox for about 7 mths . Every single box that I received had 4 or 5 items (shampoo or a cowash, conditioner, leave in, butter and an oil) from the same line. I never got a box with different lines in it. I can't bear to part with any of those.