MARCIA IS DA BOMB

Pumpkin

I saw Marcia Saturday for my touch up and I must say that I am really pleased with the results. I LOVE MY HAIR

As soon as I entered the door I was seated in Marcia's chair where she proceeded to thoroughly base my scalp. Then I she applied Affirm lye Regular relaxer very carefully. I could see from the mirror across from me that the relaxer was only applied to my roots.

She took her time and I did not burn at all.

Then came the rinse which was the best rinse I have ever had. It took her about 7 minutes to rinse the relaxer out of my head. She rinsed section by section to ensure that no residue was left in my hair. Then she shampooed 3x with Optimum. Because Marcia does all the work herself, she noticed that my hair was shedding. So she gave me a deep treatment (I forgot the name of it) which was a 2-step process that required me sitting under the dryer for 20 minutues two times, the first with a serum and the second time with a creme. After rinsing my hair, I could feel it was thick and strong. You know that limp thin feeling your hair gets right after a relaxer? Well, that was not the case with me.

When the time came to dry my hair, Marcia gave me a choice of roller setting or blow drying followed my a flat iron. I opted to blow dry because I had never done that after a touch up. She blowdried my hair on a low-warm setting. The heat was just like a hooded dryer. Than she flat ironed my hair. Because I never use heat styling, this didn't bother me. My hair came out so silky and smooth.
I was waving it around like a Pantene commercial. It is Monday and my hair is still all bouncy.

After drying my hair Marcia asked if I wanted a trim. This is where she passed the test. I told her I had one six weeks ago and she said I did not necessarily need one and that I could wait until my next visit. I like that she never pressured me into doing anything I didn't want to do. She will give you her input, but in the end, the choice is yours.

While I was there, Marcia asked if I was a member of this forum and I said yes. I told her she has become a household name on LHCF and she was speechless. What a humble woman. All the other stylist were teasing her about her being a celebrity. She says she visited the board but is not very computer savy so she didn't know what she was doing. I told her to do a search on her name so she can see what comes up.

All in all I highly recommend anyone to Marcia who wants to be heard and treated as an equal. I like that she asked me if I was okay every so often and she doesn't have a big head.

GO MARCIA

L.A. Woman

She really is all that in my opinion. I told her that if she noticed a surge of new faces coming out of the blue, it's because of the buzz sparked by BRH. She laughed modestly because she really is humble. I also told her to run a search for herself to see what people were saying.
She has no idea -yet. Oh well actions (and appointments) speak louder than words. It's the best way to show our appreciation.

KinksnCurlz

I knew you'd enjoy your visit pumpkin. Marcia is definately a breath of fresh air. Now if I could only get my cheapo friends to jump on the bandwagon...

Allandra

Wow Pumpkin. It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL salon experience with Marcia. I'm happy for you. I bet your hair is swinging nicely.

KinksnCurlz

W&S - $45.00 (I heard her say that to a client on the phone, but I don't know if it's the standard price, or for length.
Relaxer - $70.00
Semi Perm color - $45.00
Deep Conditioner - $10-25

Well well well.

Another satisfied customer. She's definitely the best pair of hands on my head. Glad you liked her. She's very aware of this site as she did ask if I was responsible for all the new people

She's worth every penny.

Allandra

Re: MARCIA IS DA BOMB - BROWN RELAXED HAIR

I hope she gave you a discount or something for recommending so many folks to her.

Allandra

Re: MARCIA IS DA BOMB - BROWN RELAXED HAIR

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra,

She already does

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that's wonderful.

sylviaetc

i'm sooo jealous! i want to go to marcia too! woe unto my broke bank account! she sounds so divine. i've never heard such good reviews about a hairstylist ever. i've never even been to see her, but i think that the fact that she's a stylist who appreciates the customer, needs to be appreciated in kind. i think it would be nice if you ladies who have had the "MX" (marcia experience) do something like print out all of her good reviews and put them in a card or something... i bet she would really get a kick out of displaying them in the shop.

azul11

man with all these great reviews i better get on board. i am going to give a call next month and pray she isnt too busy. God bless you all.

Kitkat

Pumpkin, sounds like you had a great salon experience! Why can't all of our experiences read like this one? That's encouraging that she didn't pressure you to trim. Usually hairdressers are like 'Miss Thing, you need a trim!' while they're standing over you with a pair of scissors, making you feel weird if you say no.

Did the $70 price for the relaxer include the deep conditioner and wash and set, or were those services extra? Regardless, she sounds as if she's worth it.

There are too many good Marcia reviews for me to consider another salon when I'm ready. I'd be following you here too, Pumpkin, except I'm in braids and probably will be for the next year. But when the braids come out, I'll know where to go for sure!

Azul, are you still in braids too?

azul11

omg lol this is so funny to me because just last week allandra asked me if i got my braids out and i was like how did she know?
i seriously must be going throght some memory lapse because i cannot remember what i discuss here lol. this is so sad. yes i took out my braids in may and got butchered but i wont discuss it because i have been repressing my anger.
i really want to go in for a consultation and just get the marcia experience before i have to put those darn braids back in. i wish a group of us could just all go for consultations at the same time. i really need to make an appointment because i am by that area like 3x a week so i really should get on the ball. God bless you all.

atate

I am one of her regular customers. Actually I have a re-touch appt this Saturday.

There weren't any consulation appts available for this Saturday?

Pumpkin

[ QUOTE ]
Did the $70 price for the relaxer include the deep conditioner and wash and set, or were those services extra?

[/ QUOTE ]

The $70 included the relaxer and in my case, the wash and blow dry.

NYCchild

Yayyy!! for pumpkin, glad everything went super and u like her. she really sounds terrific and of course thanks to BRH for letting us know about her. and atate too!
ohhh i wanna go too, i wanna go too

nissi

i have a consultation this sat! i forgot to ask her if she uses mizani -- anyone knows? thanks for the review pumpkin!!! and the prices too. i have paid more for worse stylists. $70 is cheap for peace of mind, the right attitude, wonderful results and hair health.