Please add me.
How did the first week go ladies..
The word Pride came up this week and as I was praying and meditating, I kept on coming acoss people that talked about Pride and a friend commented that I might have the spirit of pride after I told her about a dream I had. I thought, well I dont consider myself a proud person. I am quite humble.
And then I started looking at what the word had to say and i knew this is something I had to pray against. I found a worksheet only that asked key questions to determine if I had pride and I identified 14 of the points raised. So this is what I will be working on, I would not want my heart to stop my blessings. Maybe the list could help someone:
The bible says Proverbs 16.5: Everyone with a conceited heart is disgusting to the LORD
- Complaining against or passing judgment of God (Numbers 14:1-4, 9, 11)
- Wanting God to operate the way you think He should (Romans 9:20)
- Boasting or Arrogance (1 Samuel 2:3)
- A lack of gratitude (2 Chronicles 32:25)
- Anger (Proverbs 28:25; Matthew 20:1-16)
- Drinking (or drugs) (Habakkuk 2:4-5)
- Forsaking one’s responsibilities (Habakkuk 2:5)
- Selfish (2 Timothy 3:2)
- Quick to fight or quarrel (Galatians 5:20)
- Envy or covetousness (Galatians 5:20)
- Seeing yourself as better than others (Luke 36-50)
- Having an inflated view of your importance, gifts and abilities (Acts 12:21-23)
- Being focused on the lack of your gifts and abilities (1 Corinthians 12:14-25)
- Perfectionism (Matthew 23:24-28)
- Talking too much (Proverbs 10:10)
- Talking too much about yourself (Proverbs 27:2; Galatians 6:3)
- Seeking independence or control (1 Corinthians 1:10-13; Ephesians 5:21)
- Being consumed with what others think (Galatians 1:10)
- Being devastated or angered by criticism (Proverbs 13:1)
- Being unteachable (Proverbs 10:20; John 9:13-34)
- Being sarcastic, hurtful, or degrading (Proverbs 12:18, 24)
- A lack of service (Galatians 5:13; Ephesians 2:10)
- A lack of compassion (Matthew 5:7, 18:23-35)
- Being defensive or blame-shifting (Genesis 3:12-13; Proverbs 12:1)
- A lack of admitting when you are wrong (Proverbs 10:17)
- A lack of asking forgiveness (Matthew 5:23-24)
- A lack of biblical prayer (Luke 18:10-14)
- Resisting authority or being disrespectful (1 Peter 2:13-17)
- Voicing preferences or opinions when not asked (Philippians 2:1-4)
- Minimizing your own sin and shortcomings (Matthew 7:3-5)
- Maximizing others’ sin and shortcomings (Matthew 7:3-5; Luke 18:9-14)
- Being impatient or irritable with others (Ephesians 4:21-32)
- Being jealous or envious (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- Using others (Matthew 7:12; Philippians 2:3-4)
- Being deceitful by covering up sins, faults and mistakes (Proverbs 11:3; 28:13)
- Using attention-getting tactics (1 Peter 3:3, 4)
- Not having close relationships (Proverbs 18:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25)
I don't know if this helps, but I have been trying to do this on my own strenght and that was being Proud. I am learning to completely give it up to God and humble myself. His time is perfect.
This is a great list. would you mind sharing the worksheet that you used. This was right on time and thanks cherokee for posting this for me in the other thread.
I have been praying for all the member of my group and I would like to thank everyone for praying for me. I decided to post my updates here because you never know who may be benefited from your testimony. This prayer circle has really opened my eyes to a lot of areas that I really need to pray about and continue growing in. Its interesting because I know that I am not ready for marriage and my main goal was to prepare myself spiritually for marriage.
Some of the issues that I need to work on are pride and forgiving others. I have always know that I was a very stubborn person and It is almost as if I feel that by forgiving those who hurt me I am weak by allowing them the opportunity to take advantage of me again. Al ot of times I would forgive people in my mind but never let them know that I had forgiven them because I was too prideful to admit that I could be wrong or show them how they had affected me.
Its so interesting that another poster Jade 998 posted what her comments and scriptures about pride and forgivens in an earlier post. The day that I read her post was the same day that I found out that my ex boyfriend had died in a car accident. He was my first love and as far as relationships go it was my most serious and most painful realtionship to date. I had not seen him for 3 years when he came back into my life this summer. I met with him and talked and a lot of feelings came back but sadly he hadnt changed much over the years and I realized I had grown a lot and I wasnt in love with him anymore.
After we met he took that as a sign that there might be a chance for us, so he kept calling and trying to do things with me. I got so frustrated because so many hurtful memories came back. (he was unfaithful and abusive) I told him that I couldnt be his friend because I was still hurt and angry about the past. He kept calling and messaging me maybe once a week for a couple months. His family started calling me last week and I just knew that he was starting to have them call on his behalf but instead they were calling to tell me he had died in a car accident.
I was so hurt yall because even though I was so angry I really did love him as a person and I knew that even though he did not know how to love me the way I deserved he did love me in the best way he knew how. It would have meant a lot to him if I would have forgiven him while he was alive and I know that he knows that I have forgiven him now. I feel that God gave me the opportunity to make amends and I threw it away like it was nothing. It is so important that we forgive those who hurt us and make amends while they are still on this earth. You never know when their or your time is up.
I am very grateful for this circle and it is a comfort to know others are praying for me and I will continue to pray for my group and everyone else who is participating.