Marriage Prayer for Singles Circle? Anyone?

belle_reveuse28

HI All,
The prayer circle is still expanding and is open for those who want to join. Please PM me if you would like to be added to the list. Please do not put your request here becuase I may miss it and I dont want you to be left out on such a great thing! :) Also, it will make it easier for me to respond to you and let you know that you've been added!

For the ladies in our last week of prayer:

How was it?
What are some things God has shown you?
Did you contact the members in your group and let them know what you have prayed for them?
Did you actually get the chance to pray?
What could you do better the next time?
What could we do differently or better as a group the next time?

Please, if you would, respond when you get a chance. It would help me a lot in preparing for our next week of prayer for the month of December, and also, will help us all to connect with each other as well. December is such a trying month for many of us as the holidays roll around and we're still single, and also dealing with family and other disappointments. I'm sure many of you already know some things you'd like prayer for this coming month of prayer. If there are any prayer requests before the decided week of prayer and things you are struggling with right now, and need prayer for right now, please post them here, and also maybe PM some people on the list and ask them to pray for you.

I would like to ask that we all remain open to be PM'd for prayer requests, and if you cannot, absolutely cannot pray for the person, please PM them back and let them know so that they can ask someone else. If you do PM someone for a prayer request that's needed right now, PM at least 3 or 4 people on the list so that you are sure to be covered in prayer. If you are PM'd for a prayer request, please also respond and let the person know you will be praying for them, and try to respond within a day to be timely. At the end of the time you pray for the person, however long that may be, please write them back with some sort of feedback on what you prayed for. Again, this is a prayer community and what we're all embarking on together, so let's really be intentional, keep our word, and know that it's not always going to be easy to give up our time, but that we are simply being obedient and glorifying God at the same time! I appreciate each and every one of you for being here, for offering your time and support for each other! This will also be posted on the very first post of this forum....

Bless you ladies!

Trinia

HeChangedMyName

How did the first week go ladies..

The word Pride came up this week and as I was praying and meditating, I kept on coming acoss people that talked about Pride and a friend commented that I might have the spirit of pride after I told her about a dream I had. I thought, well I dont consider myself a proud person. I am quite humble.

And then I started looking at what the word had to say and i knew this is something I had to pray against. I found a worksheet only that asked key questions to determine if I had pride and I identified 14 of the points raised. So this is what I will be working on, I would not want my heart to stop my blessings. Maybe the list could help someone:
  • Complaining against or passing judgment of God (Numbers 14:1-4, 9, 11)
  • Wanting God to operate the way you think He should (Romans 9:20)
  • Boasting or Arrogance (1 Samuel 2:3)
  • A lack of gratitude (2 Chronicles 32:25)
  • Anger (Proverbs 28:25; Matthew 20:1-16)
  • Drinking (or drugs) (Habakkuk 2:4-5)
  • Forsaking one’s responsibilities (Habakkuk 2:5)
  • Selfish (2 Timothy 3:2)
  • Quick to fight or quarrel (Galatians 5:20)
  • Envy or covetousness (Galatians 5:20)
  • Seeing yourself as better than others (Luke 36-50)
  • Having an inflated view of your importance, gifts and abilities (Acts 12:21-23)
  • Being focused on the lack of your gifts and abilities (1 Corinthians 12:14-25)
  • Perfectionism (Matthew 23:24-28)
  • Talking too much (Proverbs 10:10)
  • Talking too much about yourself (Proverbs 27:2; Galatians 6:3)
  • Seeking independence or control (1 Corinthians 1:10-13; Ephesians 5:21)
  • Being consumed with what others think (Galatians 1:10)
  • Being devastated or angered by criticism (Proverbs 13:1)
  • Being unteachable (Proverbs 10:20; John 9:13-34)
  • Being sarcastic, hurtful, or degrading (Proverbs 12:18, 24)
  • A lack of service (Galatians 5:13; Ephesians 2:10)
  • A lack of compassion (Matthew 5:7, 18:23-35)
  • Being defensive or blame-shifting (Genesis 3:12-13; Proverbs 12:1)
  • A lack of admitting when you are wrong (Proverbs 10:17)
  • A lack of asking forgiveness (Matthew 5:23-24)
  • A lack of biblical prayer (Luke 18:10-14)
  • Resisting authority or being disrespectful (1 Peter 2:13-17)
  • Voicing preferences or opinions when not asked (Philippians 2:1-4)
  • Minimizing your own sin and shortcomings (Matthew 7:3-5)
  • Maximizing others’ sin and shortcomings (Matthew 7:3-5; Luke 18:9-14)
  • Being impatient or irritable with others (Ephesians 4:21-32)
  • Being jealous or envious (1 Corinthians 13:4)
  • Using others (Matthew 7:12; Philippians 2:3-4)
  • Being deceitful by covering up sins, faults and mistakes (Proverbs 11:3; 28:13)
  • Using attention-getting tactics (1 Peter 3:3, 4)
  • Not having close relationships (Proverbs 18:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25)
The bible says Proverbs 16.5: Everyone with a conceited heart is disgusting to the LORD

I don't know if this helps, but I have been trying to do this on my own strenght and that was being Proud. I am learning to completely give it up to God and humble myself. His time is perfect.

This is a great list. would you mind sharing the worksheet that you used. This was right on time and thanks cherokee for posting this for me in the other thread.

jade998

[For the ladies in our last week of prayer:

How was it?

It was good. I wished I had had the time to be really focused on the prayers, but I took the time each day to pray for my group

What are some things God has shown you?

I mentioned pride in an earlier post, which is something God showed me, pertaining myself. I shared it just incase anyone else was dealing with the same issue. Pride isn't synoymous to arrogance, however, we might have built a lot of defense mechanisms to avoid the disappointments of the past.

Another was Unforgiveness. Sometimes we might feel that because we dont feel the sting as harshly as we used to, or that we haven't talked about it, that we have forgiven men from the past.

I would urge ladies, if it is still applicable, to make a list of the actions, not the men, that have hurt you in the past.
i.e. I was hurt that my feelings/opinions were not factored into major decisions

Pray and ask God to heal those broken places that this has caused in your life and in your relationship with God. Ask God to forgive you for yourunforgiveness and to help you release any anger or resentment you have held in your heart. Ask him to show you how to truly forgive.

Unforgiveness might be holding back your blessings

Did you contact the members in your group and let them know what you have prayed for them?

I did initially, however I wished I had more time, or made more time to encourage them during the week

Did you actually get the chance to pray?

I did, however like I said, I wish I could have prayed more and longer

What could you do better the next time?What could we do differently or better as a group the next time?

I think it is always hard starting, but it should get easier as the months continue. I am on a 21 day fast (with my church) and I am focused on praying and listening to God. Maybe if we had on "day 1", between 6am - 12pm a consecration fast,to get our mind and heart right, it will focus us ahead for the week coming. Just a suggestion

Also ladies, if God has been talking to you and has told you something pertaining your life, you don't have the time to be disobedient. It might not be what you wanted to hear, but what seems folishness to you, is wise in God's eyes.

I also know that God has given me the desire to be married and to have children and I know according to Mark 11:24 - "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." and according to Psalm 37:4 ""Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Last edited:

kally

Def add me to the list. TIA

I really need to be prayed for. My faith is twisted but, I need spiritual healing, before I can pray for someone else first.

Last edited:

Ms Red

I wanted to say thank you to those of you who prayed for me and to Belle for starting this circle.

I contacted the members in my group and let them know what I would be praying for on their behalf. I did pray for them every night of the challenge.

Praying for others really made me seek confirmation in the Word more. I used my concordance even. It also took the 'spotlight' off of myself during my prayer time, which was much needed.

The next time, it would great to have a chat with the members of the group at the beginning of the week and at the end to share with each other our revelations, prayers, etc.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
i did and still continue to pray for all the ladies in my group as well as others just waiting for updates.

Hi ladies

I have been praying for all the member of my group and I would like to thank everyone for praying for me. I decided to post my updates here because you never know who may be benefited from your testimony. This prayer circle has really opened my eyes to a lot of areas that I really need to pray about and continue growing in. Its interesting because I know that I am not ready for marriage and my main goal was to prepare myself spiritually for marriage.

Some of the issues that I need to work on are pride and forgiving others. I have always know that I was a very stubborn person and It is almost as if I feel that by forgiving those who hurt me I am weak by allowing them the opportunity to take advantage of me again. Al ot of times I would forgive people in my mind but never let them know that I had forgiven them because I was too prideful to admit that I could be wrong or show them how they had affected me.

Its so interesting that another poster Jade 998 posted what her comments and scriptures about pride and forgivens in an earlier post. The day that I read her post was the same day that I found out that my ex boyfriend had died in a car accident. He was my first love and as far as relationships go it was my most serious and most painful realtionship to date. I had not seen him for 3 years when he came back into my life this summer. I met with him and talked and a lot of feelings came back but sadly he hadnt changed much over the years and I realized I had grown a lot and I wasnt in love with him anymore.

After we met he took that as a sign that there might be a chance for us, so he kept calling and trying to do things with me. I got so frustrated because so many hurtful memories came back. (he was unfaithful and abusive) I told him that I couldnt be his friend because I was still hurt and angry about the past. He kept calling and messaging me maybe once a week for a couple months. His family started calling me last week and I just knew that he was starting to have them call on his behalf but instead they were calling to tell me he had died in a car accident.

I was so hurt yall because even though I was so angry I really did love him as a person and I knew that even though he did not know how to love me the way I deserved he did love me in the best way he knew how. It would have meant a lot to him if I would have forgiven him while he was alive and I know that he knows that I have forgiven him now. I feel that God gave me the opportunity to make amends and I threw it away like it was nothing. It is so important that we forgive those who hurt us and make amends while they are still on this earth. You never know when their or your time is up.

I am very grateful for this circle and it is a comfort to know others are praying for me and I will continue to pray for my group and everyone else who is participating.

zora

Hi ladies

I have been praying for all the member of my group and I would like to thank everyone for praying for me. I decided to post my updates here because you never know who may be benefited from your testimony. This prayer circle has really opened my eyes to a lot of areas that I really need to pray about and continue growing in. Its interesting because I know that I am not ready for marriage and my main goal was to prepare myself spiritually for marriage.

Some of the issues that I need to work on are pride and forgiving others. I have always know that I was a very stubborn person and It is almost as if I feel that by forgiving those who hurt me I am weak by allowing them the opportunity to take advantage of me again. Al ot of times I would forgive people in my mind but never let them know that I had forgiven them because I was too prideful to admit that I could be wrong or show them how they had affected me.

Its so interesting that another poster Jade 998 posted what her comments and scriptures about pride and forgivens in an earlier post. The day that I read her post was the same day that I found out that my ex boyfriend had died in a car accident. He was my first love and as far as relationships go it was my most serious and most painful realtionship to date. I had not seen him for 3 years when he came back into my life this summer. I met with him and talked and a lot of feelings came back but sadly he hadnt changed much over the years and I realized I had grown a lot and I wasnt in love with him anymore.

After we met he took that as a sign that there might be a chance for us, so he kept calling and trying to do things with me. I got so frustrated because so many hurtful memories came back. (he was unfaithful and abusive) I told him that I couldnt be his friend because I was still hurt and angry about the past. He kept calling and messaging me maybe once a week for a couple months. His family started calling me last week and I just knew that he was starting to have them call on his behalf but instead they were calling to tell me he had died in a car accident.

I was so hurt yall because even though I was so angry I really did love him as a person and I knew that even though he did not know how to love me the way I deserved he did love me in the best way he knew how. It would have meant a lot to him if I would have forgiven him while he was alive and I know that he knows that I have forgiven him now. I feel that God gave me the opportunity to make amends and I threw it away like it was nothing. It is so important that we forgive those who hurt us and make amends while they are still on this earth. You never know when their or your time is up.

I am very grateful for this circle and it is a comfort to know others are praying for me and I will continue to pray for my group and everyone else who is participating.

Wow, this is so powerful. I was just thinking about pride this morning. Thank you for your testimony.

I will definitely pray for you.

bubblegumdreams

Just wanted to say a big Thanks to the ladies that prayed for me....I'm still praying for you all as well....I'm still working on a few things but I have all kind of clear cut signs around me....So I'm just walking my path right now....And reading the word.:yep:

Peace and Blessins Ladies
-Latoya

NappturalWomyn

I have been praying for the women in my group and myself. I hope it has made a difference in the lives of you all. I think it made a difference in mine. My SO brought up marriage. Weird, because he brought it up first, and it wasn't even on the radar. So, in fairness to my age, and the fact that my eggs are half dust, I gave him a choice. I gave him 366 days to decide if he could see me as his wife. I told him what he had to do, not much. Just ask BOTH my parents. I told him he could talk to whoever he wanted, and believe me he has suspect friends. I also said he could get any quirky stuff out of his system. If he didn't ask me to marry him, or at least suggest that he would by 12/31/2009, I am gone. I am not waiting another few years for him to 'get it' or 'figure out' what he wants. It came over my spirit and I had to get it out, so now he knows. We'll see what happens, but I am ready for it good, bad, or indifferent.

PaperClip

Errrr... how did I miss this thread?

Sigh....

I am a wise virgin but I don't want to interfere if things are already set and in place and divinely ordered....

I know that I'm covered in the Lord Jesus Christ and there are some beautiful, praying women on this board as well....

Amen....

belle_reveuse28

Hi Ladies,
I am sorry to have not responded to some of your PM's and to post our new prayer week for January as of yet. I just moved about two weeks ago and did not have an internet connection and with the holidays, things being crazy! Soooo... now back to normal daily life....

I'm thinking our next prayer week would be January 25-31... How does that work for most of you? Please respond by posting on the thread and let me know how it works for you, and based on the general consensus we'll decide if that will be good! For all of you requesting to be added to the list, please PLEASE PM me and don't post it here. I don't always read the entire thread and so therefore, I may miss you. And no, it's not too late to be added! We're doing this every month from here on out, so every month is a new one. Based on our November experience, you must be added before the beginning of the next prayer week. I will no longer add new people to groups during that week of prayer, It was quite difficult for many to add a new person, and so we always want this to go as smooth as possible. I will post an updated list shortly and will PM everyone about the updates!

Be blessed and get prepared to pray, pray, pray! I'm sure we'll all do much better each time. So dont be too hard on yourselves!

Blessings,
Trinia

jade998

I used to be scared to say I wanted to get married cause I thought it was such a cliche. But I am claiming this year and I pray about it whenever I think about it. I am in for PUSH-ing this year. Pray Till Something Happens.

Come on ladies - We need to be warriers about this, this year. God laid my heart that I need to be in prayer about this for it to manifest this year.

Last edited: