Marriage Prayers for Singles - It is God's Will for You to be Married

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Amen Shimmie !!!!!!!!!! God I needed to read that i really did:yep::yep::yep::yep:

Praise the LORD
:kiss: Hey Mitcy (You and your future husband. :hug2:)

You're so precious and just as dear as can be. I've taken you into my heart as one of my baby sisters. :yep:

Thank you for being so supportive. I pray for God to shower you with all of your dearest Dreams come true. And angel, they already have. And they always will.

:flowers:

Last edited:

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
i told someone here to pm you because you never steer us wrong and i know coming from you it will be the truth. thanks for being who you are. im so blessed to even know you.:Rose::rosebud::littleang:giveheart::bighug::bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
i told someone here to pm you because you never steer us wrong and i know coming from you it will be the truth. thanks for being who you are. im so blessed to even know you.:Rose::rosebud::littleang:giveheart::bighug::bighug:
It's the Lord and no goodness of my own. I have to pray and let Him speak to me and through me.

Love and blessings little sister. :bighug:

**Tasha*Love**

Shimmie this thread has been going for over 2 years. 2 YEARS Shimmie :). Wisdom, truth and knowledge never gets old it merely becomes better in time. I personally have read this entire thread at least 3 times since the original posting and each time I pick up something new.

In bible study last night Bishop was teaching a series entitled "Love without the Drama". He said that one of the steps to creating a loving relationship was to seek counsel from a Seasoned Christian. You are that Seasoned Christian for me whether you realize it or not. Throughout your membership here you have stood your ground, fought many battles but withstood the test of time. I know that I am off-topic but I believe in giving praises and love when they are due. Shimmie do you realize how many lives you have touched and affected in this forum and in PM land? I'll never forget needing advice and PM'd you. You gave me the strength to walk away from a bad situation and my life is so much better! You are a blessing to us and I wanted to stop and thank you for being YOU!

Mae's Baby and God's Child
NaTasha

belle_reveuse28

Like for many of us, this prayer and thread is right on time for me, I could have used it earlier, but I could definitely use it now. So I have a prayer request since it's about marriage prayers for singles... And if there is already a prayer thread, then someone please point me to it.... --side note, are any ladies interested in doing a sort of once monthly prayer circle about this subject? I'd be interested if others are... I dont know about you guys, but I dont have as much guidance in my life as I need on this path towards pursuing marriage and sometimes I'm just a girl needing her mom, you know. Sometimes I want someone to say you know, it's okay where you are and embrace me when I need it. I am blessed to have awesome friends and family, but my situation is quite unique...

I will be 31 next month, I am still single, never really dated until now, and still waiting for my husband, and staying pure... It's all quite difficult, and sometimes I read these threads about people who are being celibate or pure, or keeping their virginity, and it's like people have no idea that people waiting are those who are truly the passionate ones, for we wait for God's best which is far above anything we can go out here and find to meet our immediate gratifications. For those women who say we are missing out, I feel sorry because they have no idea that the Creator of sex itself is in charge of my life and will give me not only the sex life some dream of, but will give ma marriage and intimate life that will blow my mind, and glorify Him all in the same! I can't wait!

I've been praying a lot over the past year and I feel the Lord had really put it in my heart to pursue some things educationallly and professionally, but also pursuing marriage more focused like going on dates, etc... and being more involved in the process rather than staying home every weekend... Yeah, only the pizza guy will show up at your door. I believe that God certainly is the captain of my ship, but I also believe I have a responsiblility on my part. So I felt a strong pull to move from my locale and relocated to Northern virginia, three hours from home. I had already felt heavy about the church I would attend and knew that's very possible where my church home would be, and I've heard lots of good things about their singels and marriage ministry, especially on the topics of accountability, purity, preparation for marriage etc... So I'm here, starting a new life, somewhat alone and this all happened this Sunday. It's been tough and I've been pretty much thinking am I crazy for having done this??? I ask that you all would pray for peace for me, for continual direcdtion from the Lord for my job, my church, and people that I agree to even meet, for my social circles and the development of, and for his protection. This is huge, and quite difficult, and all I have is the Lord, and I must trust Him and His promises...

I am esp thankful for the prayers and the posts here. I met a guy the other night, he's a believer, 44, divorced, has a 13 year old, but seemed to have gained a lot of peace in his life, happiness, really successful... But He already wants to pursue a relationship with me. We talked a bit, I met him at Staples (sorry if this is unorganized and long, my mind is quite foggy, so please forgive me)... He asked me to go to Ruby Tuesday and sit with him and have a snack, and so he seemed like a nice guy and I said yes and met him there... He seems to have a really wonderful personality, and really knows the Word. But one thing I struggled with is that he spoke about relationships he's had since his divorce, one ending over a year ago, adn they were sexual in nature. I do have a problem with that. Just because I'm a virgin, I don't expect my husband to be. But I do expect him to have a commitment to purity because now he knows better and realizes it's wrong, he's robbing himself and his future wife, and that it's the will of God that he commits himself to God and to his future wife... So while I realize that at my age, 30, there aren't a lot of virgin men out there, I do believe there are men woh have dedicated themselves to the Lord and are really obeying Him in the area, even when they find it hard to....

The other thing I have issue with is I dont have children, no ex's, no nothing. It doesn't make me self-righteous, but it does present the fact that I have a lot less baggage to bring to the table. He seems to have an amicable relationship with his ex, and a good realtionship with his daughter who is 13... He told me that he wants to know if i'm interested and doesn't want me to waste his time if i'm not. I simply said you know what, I just moved here, my mind is full and i'm not ready to make such a decision, but I would like to get to jusyt know you better and be friends, without it being any pursuing towards any type of relationship other than that and he agreed... He then goes on to talk about his beliefs about being a good provider, he's romantic, passionate, all of those things, adn would spoil his wife.. He's also not a bad looking man, he's just a little shorter than me and of course, 14 years older and looks it.... I felt overwhelmed, and I was like wow God, I dont kinow what to do. I dontw ant to close the door on this if this is you, but I really need you to speak to me concerning this. And I come in here tonight nad read this thread and was blessed, and also the post someone wrote about not allowing someone to pressure you...

My cousins have advised for me not to be someone's second wife, that he's too old, that 14 years is a heck of a difference, and that I should be patient and continue to wait... But i'm like what IF this is what God has for me? It's not what I've asked for, or really what I want, but are those just my prejudices? I know htat all divorced people aren't unmarriageable, but sometimes I think it helps when poeple are in like situations. I.E. divorced with kids.

With what you know, can anyone offer advice, and some direction on how I should pursue or not pursue this, how to pray about it, and if this is a suitable relationship for a young woman my age and in my place in life? Many have told me no, and I guess I need confirmation. This man seems like he'd really make a great husband, he'd be a very romantic and caring person, he seems to have a heart of great charity and he does have a relationship with God. Those are things i'm looking for in a mate, but just because he has those qualities, and other men will too, I dont know that it means THAT'S the person for me, just because he has them. Afterall, many men (I hope) that I meet, maybe even at church, will probably have those qualities, but doesn't mean we are for each other... Thanks for listening... I'm glad that tonight I will have the strength to pray rather than cry myself asleep...

Shimmiee, you hit it on the head with these prayers and I'm grateful for them... I"ve been praying for years for a husband, and promised the lord at 13 that I'd stay pure for my husband. With all of my friends now married, most didn't wait, just married the person they happened to be "with" at the moment, well, they've all moved on to marriage, and are finishing up having their kids I haven't even started... And I"m still lookign around waiting for God's promises in my own life as I counsel them... Sometimes, I feel it's just unfair and like God is mocking me, making me a joke, a spectacle, while poeple talk about me, and say I'm waisting my time (not my friends though. They are amazing and encourage me to wait, esp becuase they didn't and know the issues it's brought in their lives)... Sometimes I'm like why does every one around me keep getting married but me? Am I not enough, where's my guy, you know?

People make jokes of people who are waiting and have no idea what it's like to long for something like someone to love, for intimacy, for all of those things. It's like just because I'm obeying the Lord, doesn't mean I dont struggle to stay pure, or that I dont have desire. In fact, I think it's actually off the charts, and creates such a longing in your heart... I know without a doubt it's the way that the Lord desires for us to experience love here on this earth from our husbands. It's sad many will miss out on it...

My husband will certainly be second to God, but I know and dont expect him to meet all my needs. Only God can. And while my life is blessed with those who love me and support me, I am missing my partner and longing for him. You can have all the best frineds in the world, but there are certain things a husband can only provide, and I dont just mean sex... I look forward to having a balanced life soon, a life full, babies and a family, and inviting others into mine, esp those singles who really need to be part of a family such as my current situation...

It's very hard sometimes, or even very often. I pray that I will be in teh place that I need to be to meet my husband and that I will know. Please pray for me whenever you think about it... I appreciate it so much! And thank you for your prayers here! All of you! If you are interested in the once a month circle for this specific subject, please PM me and we can start a thread...

Bless you all... and if you're interested, check out my blog on marriage, sexuality, purity, etc... www.beforetheknot-andafter.blogspot.com Please leave comments there and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:

NappturalWomyn

I just wanted to thank Shimmie for this thread. I can only suggest that I was meant to read this thread tonight. I can't really add anything else, because everyone else has said it better than I could.
Peace and blessings...
nic

chicacanella

my husband is going to find me soon yall. Can't tell y'all all the details but I feels as if I will be getting married very soon...like the next two-three years.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie this thread has been going for over 2 years. 2 YEARS Shimmie :). Wisdom, truth and knowledge never gets old it merely becomes better in time. I personally have read this entire thread at least 3 times since the original posting and each time I pick up something new.

In bible study last night Bishop was teaching a series entitled "Love without the Drama". He said that one of the steps to creating a loving relationship was to seek counsel from a Seasoned Christian. You are that Seasoned Christian for me whether you realize it or not. Throughout your membership here you have stood your ground, fought many battles but withstood the test of time. I know that I am off-topic but I believe in giving praises and love when they are due. Shimmie do you realize how many lives you have touched and affected in this forum and in PM land? I'll never forget needing advice and PM'd you. You gave me the strength to walk away from a bad situation and my life is so much better! You are a blessing to us and I wanted to stop and thank you for being YOU!

Mae's Baby and God's Child
NaTasha
:kiss: Precious NaTasha, you were one who helped me. :yep: While I was 'standing' my ground I was also under much attack for it. Each day was a day of this :duck: dodging bricks and firey darts for standing on God's Word and His foundation.

Yet through all of the 'bricks' and fiery darts, you bypassed the pile and sparks and came to me with a heart that helped me to stand stronger; you made my faith feel valued. Iron sharpens Iron; and NaTasha you were Iron sharpening me to stand even stronger and fight for what was God's Right all the more.

God placed each of us here as His "Joshua's"....ones who are determined to serve the Lord. Joshua stood before the people who were riding the fence; serving two masters, the ones wearing banana peels for shoes and sandals. But Joshua stood firm and proclaimed, "Choose you this day, whom you will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord."

One thing is certain, no one can go wrong choosing and serving the Lord. While there will be those who deny Him, we, NaTasha will never deny Him, and in turn He will never deny us. Hence your requests which you have and will make known to God, will never go unheeded by Him, nor go unfulfilled.

You are blessed :yep: Yes you are. :giveheart:

With all of my heart, I thank you precious lady. :thankyou:

Shimmie

Staff member
Like for many of us, this prayer and thread is right on time for me, I could have used it earlier, but I could definitely use it now. So I have a prayer request since it's about marriage prayers for singles... And if there is already a prayer thread, then someone please point me to it.... --side note, are any ladies interested in doing a sort of once monthly prayer circle about this subject? I'd be interested if others are... I dont know about you guys, but I dont have as much guidance in my life as I need on this path towards pursuing marriage and sometimes I'm just a girl needing her mom, you know. Sometimes I want someone to say you know, it's okay where you are and embrace me when I need it. I am blessed to have awesome friends and family, but my situation is quite unique...

I will be 31 next month, I am still single, never really dated until now, and still waiting for my husband, and staying pure... It's all quite difficult, and sometimes I read these threads about people who are being celibate or pure, or keeping their virginity, and it's like people have no idea that people waiting are those who are truly the passionate ones, for we wait for God's best which is far above anything we can go out here and find to meet our immediate gratifications. For those women who say we are missing out, I feel sorry because they have no idea that the Creator of sex itself is in charge of my life and will give me not only the sex life some dream of, but will give ma marriage and intimate life that will blow my mind, and glorify Him all in the same! I can't wait!

I've been praying a lot over the past year and I feel the Lord had really put it in my heart to pursue some things educationallly and professionally, but also pursuing marriage more focused like going on dates, etc... and being more involved in the process rather than staying home every weekend... I ask that you all would pray for peace for me, for continual direcdtion from the Lord for my job, my church, and people that I agree to even meet, for my social circles and the development of, and for his protection. This is huge, and quite difficult, and all I have is the Lord, and I must trust Him and His promises...

I am esp thankful for the prayers and the posts here. Just because I'm a virgin, I don't expect my husband to be. But I do expect him to have a commitment to purity because now he knows better and realizes it's wrong, he's robbing himself and his future wife, and that it's the will of God that he commits himself to God and to his future wife... So while I realize that at my age, 30, there aren't a lot of virgin men out there, I do believe there are men woh have dedicated themselves to the Lord and are really obeying Him in the area, even when they find it hard to....

The other thing I have issue with is I dont have children, no ex's, no nothing. It doesn't make me self-righteous, but it does present the fact that I have a lot less baggage to bring to the table. He seems to have an amicable relationship with his ex, and a good realtionship with his daughter who is 13... He told me that he wants to know if i'm interested and doesn't want me to waste his time if i'm not. I simply said you know what, I just moved here, my mind is full and i'm not ready to make such a decision, but I would like to get to jusyt know you better and be friends, without it being any pursuing towards any type of relationship other than that and he agreed... He then goes on to talk about his beliefs about being a good provider, he's romantic, passionate, all of those things, adn would spoil his wife.. He's also not a bad looking man, he's just a little shorter than me and of course, 14 years older and looks it.... I felt overwhelmed, and I was like wow God, I dont kinow what to do. I dontw ant to close the door on this if this is you, but I really need you to speak to me concerning this. And I come in here tonight nad read this thread and was blessed, and also the post someone wrote about not allowing someone to pressure you...

My cousins have advised for me not to be someone's second wife, that he's too old, that 14 years is a heck of a difference, and that I should be patient and continue to wait... But i'm like what IF this is what God has for me? It's not what I've asked for, or really what I want, but are those just my prejudices? I know htat all divorced people aren't unmarriageable, but sometimes I think it helps when poeple are in like situations. I.E. divorced with kids.

With what you know, can anyone offer advice, and some direction on how I should pursue or not pursue this, how to pray about it, and if this is a suitable relationship for a young woman my age and in my place in life? Many have told me no, and I guess I need confirmation. This man seems like he'd really make a great husband, he'd be a very romantic and caring person, he seems to have a heart of great charity and he does have a relationship with God. Those are things i'm looking for in a mate, but just because he has those qualities, and other men will too, I dont know that it means THAT'S the person for me, just because he has them. Afterall, many men (I hope) that I meet, maybe even at church, will probably have those qualities, but doesn't mean we are for each other... Thanks for listening... I'm glad that tonight I will have the strength to pray rather than cry myself asleep...

Shimmiee, you hit it on the head with these prayers and I'm grateful for them... I"ve been praying for years for a husband, and promised the lord at 13 that I'd stay pure for my husband. With all of my friends now married, most didn't wait, just married the person they happened to be "with" at the moment, well, they've all moved on to marriage, and are finishing up having their kids I haven't even started... And I"m still lookign around waiting for God's promises in my own life as I counsel them... Sometimes, I feel it's just unfair and like God is mocking me, making me a joke, a spectacle, while poeple talk about me, and say I'm waisting my time (not my friends though. They are amazing and encourage me to wait, esp becuase they didn't and know the issues it's brought in their lives)... Sometimes I'm like why does every one around me keep getting married but me? Am I not enough, where's my guy, you know?

People make jokes of people who are waiting and have no idea what it's like to long for something like someone to love, for intimacy, for all of those things. It's like just because I'm obeying the Lord, doesn't mean I dont struggle to stay pure, or that I dont have desire. In fact, I think it's actually off the charts, and creates such a longing in your heart... I know without a doubt it's the way that the Lord desires for us to experience love here on this earth from our husbands. It's sad many will miss out on it...

My husband will certainly be second to God, but I know and dont expect him to meet all my needs. Only God can. And while my life is blessed with those who love me and support me, I am missing my partner and longing for him. You can have all the best frineds in the world, but there are certain things a husband can only provide, and I dont just mean sex... I look forward to having a balanced life soon, a life full, babies and a family, and inviting others into mine, esp those singles who really need to be part of a family such as my current situation...

It's very hard sometimes, or even very often. I pray that I will be in teh place that I need to be to meet my husband and that I will know. Please pray for me whenever you think about it... I appreciate it so much! And thank you for your prayers here! All of you! If you are interested in the once a month circle for this specific subject, please PM me and we can start a thread...

Bless you all... and if you're interested, check out my blog on marriage, sexuality, purity, etc... www.beforetheknot-andafter.blogspot.com Please leave comments there and let me know what you think!!
The guy you are speaking of is not the one. How do I know this? It's easy to see that you know he's not. He's just 'there' but he is not 'where' you want to be. He's not a bad man, he's just not the one you want. Easy to see. And God does not give us 'Drama' to sift through. This man has some drama that you 'd rather not be a part of.

Now let's focus on you and what the Lord wants to do...

"Belle" means beautiful and throughout your entire thread, this is how I imagined you when your 'husband' sees you for the first time...'Beautiful".

He will see the Beauty in you that surpasses all other women; for you are what he has been asking for of the Lord. He will 'know' you from his prayers and from the vision that only God has given him of you.

Throughout your post above, I could also hear all of Heaven rejoicing over you. :meme: Rejoicing in you being such a one to still see Marriage as God sees it, as a 'Sacred Consecrated' Union between a man and his wife.

Have you ever noticed the closeness of President Obama and First Lady Michelle? :yep: They are Consecrated unto one another and by God and by choice. God honors marriage, and holds it in highest esteem. A place where He also holds you and the man whom you will marry. He will keep the two of you as the "Apple of His Eye", and no one shall ever put you asunder.

Love and blessings to you and your husband. Yes, :yep: He's closer than you think. Be ready.

Shimmie

Staff member
I just wanted to thank Shimmie for this thread. I can only suggest that I was meant to read this thread tonight. I can't really add anything else, because everyone else has said it better than I could.
Peace and blessings...
nic
The addition is God fulfilling your joy. And He will because He wants to.

God is looking for those who will give Him glory upon this earth. And Marriage is one of the Monuments which He wants to remain until the day of His Return. Who better to trust with this gift, those such as you. For it's your kind of heart which will keep Marriage alive and well as He designed it to be.

Continue in faith and continue to believe, for surely this is forthcoming for you and those like you.

In Jesus's Name Amen and Amen... :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
my husband is going to find me soon yall. Can't tell y'all all the details but I feels as if I will be getting married very soon...like the next two-three years.
Indeed he is coming soon, Chica, indeed he is. Just be ready. Believe and not doubt what God has promised you.

He's looking for those who will honor marriage and keep it as He created it. And you are truly one of them whom God has set His heart upon to bless in Marriage. Stay in the presence of God each day as Jesus did when He was here upon the earth. Stay in prayer. For you shall not be deceived. In Jesus's name, Amen and Amen.

God loves His Daughters and as a Loving Father, He always takes pride and joy to 'Betrothe' His Daughters and He does it so well. So very well. :yep:

Love and blessings Precious Chica :giveheart:

belle_reveuse28

The guy you are speaking of is not the one. How do I know this? It's easy to see that you know he's not. He's just 'there' but he is not 'where' you want to be. He's not a bad man, he's just not the one you want. Easy to see. And God does not give us 'Drama' to sift through. This man has some drama that you 'd rather not be a part of.

Now let's focus on you and what the Lord wants to do...

"Belle" means beautiful and throughout your entire thread, this is how I imagined you when your 'husband' sees you for the first time...'Beautiful".

He will see the Beauty in you that surpasses all other women; for you are what he has been asking for of the Lord. He will 'know' you from his prayers and from the vision that only God has given him of you.

Throughout your post above, I could also hear all of Heaven rejoicing over you. :meme: Rejoicing in you being such a one to still see Marriage as God sees it, as a 'Sacred Consecrated' Union between a man and his wife.

Have you ever noticed the closeness of President Obama and First Lady Michelle? :yep: They are Consecrated unto one another and by God and by choice. God honors marriage, and holds it in highest esteem. A place where He also holds you and the man whom you will marry. He will keep the two of you as the "Apple of His Eye", and no one shall ever put you asunder.

Love and blessings to you and your husband. Yes, :yep: He's closer than you think. Be ready.

Thank you, Shimmie... I needed that, and I needed another woman with more wisdom than I to give me that advice. Thank you for being here for me :) This has encouraged me to stand my ground, to continue to desire marriage as God sees fit, and not settle. People are always saying "you want someone perfect, and you're not going to find him." I always say, why should a man who honors God, himself and his body, and has character be considered perfect? He can't be and never will be. I think that's just a good guy, but certainly not a perfect one. It's sad that women today believe such a man like this is perfect and doesn't exist, when I believe in my heart that's what God wills for us to desire in a mate, and if that be His will, then surely He will provide, will he not?

Thank you again! Love, peace and blessings to you

kayte

Shimmie do you realize how many lives you have touched and affected

:amen:
I want to join in the all the love & tribute for my beloved beautiful sister who was the very first to reach out to me when I joined ...whose LOVE speaks volume of blessing and divined inspiration :hug2:

Proverbs 31
"Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all."
a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
:Rose::Rose::Rose:

Thank the Lord God for our sweetest sister and HIS beloved
daughter SHIMMIE

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you, Shimmie... I needed that, and I needed another woman with more wisdom than I to give me that advice. Thank you for being here for me :) This has encouraged me to stand my ground, to continue to desire marriage as God sees fit, and not settle. People are always saying "you want someone perfect, and you're not going to find him." I always say, why should a man who honors God, himself and his body, and has character be considered perfect? He can't be and never will be. I think that's just a good guy, but certainly not a perfect one. It's sad that women today believe such a man like this is perfect and doesn't exist, when I believe in my heart that's what God wills for us to desire in a mate, and if that be His will, then surely He will provide, will he not?

Thank you again! Love, peace and blessings to you
Beautiful Belle, in Ephesians Chapter 2, God's word speaks of being 'Fitly Joined" to one another. "Fitly Joined --- which means that you and your husband will be 'Perfect' for one another. You are more than a 'rib' , you will be his 'Prime Rib' the missing cell, the missing link to his wholeness which will 'complete' whom he is as a man.

And that's what perfection is. Filling in the void that only God can do for us, with our personal relationship with Him as our Father and Lord, and with the man to whom He joins us to.

Yes, we will always have choices. Don't know it. But the 'One' is is the 'One', the two of you will be 'Fitly Joined to one another. It's just that simple. Neither of you will ever be perfect, but you will be perfect for one another. This is what God says, '....whom God has joined together, no man can put asunder" (no man can separate). Only as 'One' you become just that Perfect...."Fitly Joined." :love3:

Even when he spills things, breaks your favorite vase, leaves his socks on the livingrooom floor, drops crumbs on the sofa; leaves crumbs in the bed or leaves the bed unmade....He's still Perfect and you are still 'Fitly Joined.'

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
:amen:
I want to join in the all the love & tribute for my beloved beautiful sister who was the very first to reach out to me when I joined ...whose LOVE speaks volume of blessing and divined inspiration :hug2:

Proverbs 31
"Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all."
a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
:Rose::Rose::Rose:

Thank the Lord God for our sweetest sister and HIS beloved
daughter SHIMMIE
:kiss: Precious Kayte....

You were the one who reached out to me. You came to my rescue when I was under scrutiny and you encouraged me to 'go on' and stand upon my view.

It is unto you whom I proclaim 'Virtue', for you didn't know me from Adam, yet you are among the precious jewels here whom God always sends to me to encourage me to 'stand', no matter how much disapproval comes from others.

As my little sister, I love you. I truly do. :yep: And your husband my dear is on God's gift list too. :yep: Indeed he is. :love2:

:thankyou: Katye for being the pillar here for so many. I've read your prayers and support and you are truly a pinnacle of God's love.

kayte

One of God's tiny jewels in the rough ..lol
me and my temper... :(
the forum has been a lifesaver....Beverly,the mods
the sweetest sisters and you...courageous beautiful woman of God
:)

Lilac87

This post is so great. I started reading it at work but I have to stop or else I won't get anything done.
Shimmie, your posts are always so beautiful and you do everything so unselfishly! And it seems like your posts always comes at the right time for me. I am praying for you and your family.

I can't wait to get home to read all the responses in this post!

joy2day

Thanks Mocha5 for Bumping this, what an absolutely beautiful thread... I love all of the threads that I have been able to read that Shimmie has started, this one speaks to my current situation, and it touched me deeply today, I hadn't seen this one before...

...and by the way, Mocha5, everytime I see that picture of your baby in your signature, I HAVE to smile... she is gorgeous!:grin: There are some cute babies on LHCF!

Kimbosheart

This needs to be bumped, or maybe it needs to become a sticky. Thanks Shimmie, I will be PMing you because I can't thank you enough in this quick minute I have.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm reading this site and this really is some good food for thought, IMHO:

Satan's Attack on the First Marriage

Satan's attack on the first marriage in the Garden caused the fall of man and loss of rulership of the world. Prior to the Flood, demons cohabited with women in a demonic attack upon Marriage Culture which almost destroyed the entire human race. In the Church Age, the enemy is unseen, but Satan is vigilant in his attack upon marriage. Demons are actively engaged in the destruction of Marriage Culture from childhood, through the teens, and into adulthood.

The First Marriage
Man was created to resolve the prehistoric Angelic Conflict. After Satan sinned, he was tried, found guilty, and sentenced to the Lake of Fire (Matthew 25:41). Man was created with a volition and placed in the Garden. Satan was allowed to cross examine him. Since Satan was not thrown into the Lake of Fire after he was found guilty and since man was created with a volition to choose between good and evil, it can be deduced that Satan appealed the guilty verdict. Man was created to resolve the issue in the appeal trial. Adam was created and placed in the Garden of Eden. He was perfect, with a body, soul, and spirit; and his environment was perfect. The Lord made for him a perfect mate. 'Ishah, the woman, was beautiful, intelligent, and perfect for Adam.

The Divine Institution of Marriage was established as the basic building block of the human race. Before there were children or cities or nations, the perfect relationship was marriage. The man and the woman were complete with each other. The man represented life and the woman represented love. They bonded with perfect coalescence of spirit, soul, and body. Recreation wasn't badminton or tennis, hiking or fishing. It was sex - the most beautiful expression of love and intimacy ever created under the stars by the light of the moon. Before sex was for procreation, it was for love, recreation, and exhilarating happiness so that the angels came from billions of light years away just to watch the daily ritual. Incidentally, they still do. Angels are watching you.

The Garden was full of delicious fruit, which symbolized the genitals and sexuality. However, the fruit of one tree was forbidden. The Lord warned Adam and 'Ishah that they could eat of the fruit of all the trees of the Garden except the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for the day they ate of it, they would die. Since the man and the woman were perfect, they could sin in no other way. They did not have old sin natures because there was no sin in the world. The animals without contamination from sin were docile and completely friendly. Even the serpents were beautiful and charming.

Laela

The Temptation and Fall​

Satan is a super creature, who was formerly the highest ranking angel that God created. He was the director of the Throne Room in heaven, which is tantamount to general headquarters. From the Throne Room all creation, including prehistoric earth with dinosaurs and swamps, was controlled. Someone had to insure that the animals had food to eat. However, Satan became arrogant and ambitious and said, "I will be like the Most High" (Isaiah 14:14). He convinced a third of the angels to rebel against God. These angels are now the demons who are under the power of Satan, their ruler.

Satan in his genius decided to attack the first marriage to convince the man and the woman to sin. He started with the woman. Adam had already proven his willingness to obey God, and the woman, who was a responder, was the logical choice to persuade to sin. So Satan started working on the woman as she exhibited some signs of weakness. For example, she had not been listening carefully to some of the Bible lessons.

Prior to the fall, Adam was the ruler of the world. He was the authority over all creation, and that included the woman, who had no authority. One day as the woman was out with the animals - perhaps working on some advanced research in zoology - the serpent began to talk with her. The serpent was a beautiful creature and apparently 'Ishah's favorite; however, animals did not normally talk. They were not created with the ability to reason. She should have known something was wrong, but she was naive. The woman began to listen to the brilliant persuasion of Satan's lies; for Satan had indwelt the serpent.

So the scene was probably like this. Adam was lying in his hammock contemplating astronomy or some other scientific subject while his wife was having social intercourse with Satan.

Now the serpent was more crafty than any animal of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Is it really true that God has said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the Garden'?" (Genesis 3:1)

Eventually, Satan turned the conversation to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Genesis 3:2-3
Then the woman replied to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it. Neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'"

The woman's reply indicated that she had become lax in Bible class. She left out the word, "freely," which is a grace word (Genesis 2:16). And the Lord had not said anything about touching the fruit. However, Satan lied to her.

The serpent said to the woman, "Not dying you will die!" (Genesis 3:4)

Satan added a negative to the literal command of God. Satan said literally, "Not dying you will die!" This is either a crafty half truth in which Satan denies Spiritual death, or an out and out lie. The not in the Hebrew is connected to the word, "dying," which rejects Spiritual death because "dying" refers to Spiritual death and "shall die" refers to physical death. God had said, "for in the day that you eat from it, dying you will die!" "Dying you will die" is the Qal infinitive absolute plus the Qal imperfect of the Hebrew word muth, which means to die. Satan places a "not" in front of the phrase, which means he is saying that God's command is not really true. There is some ambiguity as to whether he meant the negative to go with the entire phrase or just the word, "dying." In either case, Satan presented himself as a higher authority than the Word of God and directly contradicted God. He is a known liar (John 8:44).

“For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:5, NAS)

Satan promised the woman that she would be like God. This was the same as Satan's original ambition when he said, "I will be like the Most High" (Isaiah 14:14). Here he was promising the woman that she would be as smart as God. Since the woman was interested in furthering her academic prestige, she bought the whole stupid thing. And the amazing thing is that women in general haven't changed a bit. They buy some of the most absurd things. For example, they are often stupid about men.

When 'Ishah saw that the tree was good for food, that it was a delight to the eyes, and to be desired to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. (Genesis 3:6, NAS)

So, never mind the Bible Doctrine. The devil said it was smart to eat the forbidden fruit. The fruit looked good, and tasted good. Verse 6 is the parallel of 1 John 2:16. Both verses break the Cosmic System down into three parts as it encounters the justice of the Holy Spirit - i.e. Cosmic, Political, and Ecumenical Babylon.

Because all that is in the Cosmic System: The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the arrogant pattern of life, is not from the Father but is from the Cosmic System. (1 John 2:16)

From Genesis 3:6, "good for food" represents the counterattack of Ecumenical Babylon and corresponds to the "lust of the flesh." "A delight to the eyes" represents Political Babylon and corresponds to "the lust of the eyes." "To be desired to make one wise" is academic arrogance, which represents Cosmic Babylon, and corresponds to "the arrogant pattern of life."

After 'Ishah ate the forbidden fruit and died spiritually, she immediately became a cosmic evangelist and lured her husband into doing the same. The man was supposed to have the authority, but the woman with the power of the Cosmic System appealed to Adam with doctrines of demons. The woman's mind had already been sucked into the Cosmic System through mataiotes, the vacuum in the mind from absence of Bible Doctrine. The woman became a pawn of Satan and was now doing his bidding.

Adam at this point had just lost his mate to spiritual death. His own soul was undergoing Eclipse Testing. The Intimacy Room in Adam's soul where Right Woman should reside was full of darkness because she had died spiritually. He had life but no love and was undergoing major stress. In the crisis of his life, Adam chose to disobey God. He saw the woman in sin and knew what he was doing. Unlike the woman who was ignorant of Satan's ploy, Adam consciously chose to join the woman in sin. He ate the forbidden fruit and died also.

Laela

Fig Leaves - Attempt to Patch the Marriage

After they sinned, Adam and 'Ishah recognized they were naked and were embarrassed.

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings. (Genesis 3:7, NAS)

The marriage was broken because Adam had lost his authority and the woman had become the goddess of love under Satan's power. They had guilt and their genitals were the seat of their shame. The private means of sexual love became the public display of guilt. They were never ashamed of their nudity before they sinned. But with the guilt of having blown the first marriage, they wanted to hide their genitals. Note: The woman made only a bikini bottom (front) - not top or back.

All this shows that the marriage suffered. Satan had used the leverage of marriage to get them both to sin. Had he singled out Adam, it would not have worked. So they sewed fig leaves together to solve their problem. This was human good. It was not the divine solution. Man by his own efforts cannot solve his problems. The problem of a broken marriage cannot be solved with social engineering, operation fig leaves. The problem of the broken relationship with God must be solved before there can be harmonious rapport between people.

Principle: Spiritual Rapport must precede social rapport.

Satan brought down the human race by an attack upon marriage in the Garden. He emerged the ruler of the world, and Adam lost the authority over all creation. Satan in his genius knew the vulnerability of the man and the woman in the marriage relationship. With this leverage, he brought down the human race and destroyed the perfect marriage in perfect environment. The amazing thing is that Satan has continued to do the same thing throughout human history.

The Attack on Marriage​

The Satanic attack upon marriage is shown in the illustration. So long as the husband and wife are in fellowship with God, they have freedom from the Cosmic System. However, when they choose to sin, they step into the devil's world where Satan and His demons are waiting to take them into their power. Without the protection of the Holy Spirit, the believer is at his mercy of Satan and his demons. Apart from limited protection from the Elect Angels and the Sovereign Design of God, Satan rules the world and those who enter his domain are his slaves.

Satan prowls around like a roaring lion waiting to devour the Christian who sins (1 Peter 5:8). Those who sin will be the devil's lunch. Demons are lurking in wait to enslave the Christian who sins. Whereas, the believer cannot be demon possessed, he or she can come under demon power and influence. The believer who sins will be the victim of the devil and his demons. The person doesn't have to be bad to be taken into the power of the devil and his demons. The Apostle Paul was attacked by a thorn demon. Prayer was no use against the attack.

The pattern was established in the Garden when Satan attacked the first marriage. He lured the woman into sin by his charming personality. 'Ishah was the most brilliant, knowledgeable, powerful woman who ever lived. She was perfect. However, she was no match for Satan's genius. If it could happen to 'Ishah, who had no old sin nature, it can happen to anyone. The only protection against the Cosmic System is obedience to the authority of God. The believer in fellowship with God through the Filling of the Holy Spirit residing in the Divine Dynasphere will be able to resist the lure of the Cosmic System.

Laela

God's Plan for Marriage

Marriage Grace
Per the pattern in the Garden of Eden, God created Marriage for the human race. The primary activity of mankind in the Garden was the divine institution of Marriage. Marriage was designed to provide the love, intimacy, recreation, fellowship, and, later, procreation for the human race. Before cities and governments, business and industry, society and culture, Marriage was the primary activity of mankind. It was the initial seed of society and root of behavior (ref. Marriage Culture). God provided Marriage in His grace to bless mankind with an intimate and fulfilling love relationship.

In the Garden of Eden, man was perfect and God's Plan was perfect. The Plan worked remarkably well until Adam and 'Ishah (Eve) sinned and lost the rulership of the world to Satan. Man was booted out of the Garden. The authority of the man over the woman in Marriage was clearly established, and procreation was added to start the new divine institution of the Family for stability in society. Man was offered a Spiritual solution beginning with salvation to obtain freedom in the devil's world. Marriages of people with sin natures were full of problems that prevented attainment of the love and happiness that existed in the Garden.

After the Fall, God's Plan of grace included special provisions for Marriage to reclaim assets that had been lost. God's grace Plan for Marriage, Marriage Grace, can be divided into three phases:

1. Attraction Phase - introduction of the Right Woman to the Right Man per the Plan of God.
2. Compatibility Testing Phase - stress testing the Edification Complex of the Soul; Satan's cross examination; and provision of virtue love for coalescence of souls.
3. Spiritual Rapport Phase - Spiritual rapport with God as the basis for harmonious rapport in Marriage and society.

God engineers the Attraction Phase while Satan and his demons are allowed to test, enslave, and cross examine the Right Man and Right Woman during the Compatibility Testing Phase. The Spiritual Rapport Phase is God's victory in which God is free to bless the marriage after qualification testing of Bible Doctrine in the soul.

More at ... http://www.biblenews1.com/marevil/marevil1.htm

Laela

I've read this thread a few times before, and though I'm not Single, it's refreshing to read the first post intermittently... Marriage is THE relationship that challenges most, because it requires giving up more of self each day. I was inspired to post the articles above after hearing today's sermon on the Attack on Marriage. The rewards of marriage far outweigh the challenges, because those very challenges are what are developing the Love. whew....
God's best to all here who desire to marry. :yep:

BeautyPoint

Thanks Shimmie for a beautiful thread! It has surely blessed me and has given me hope that my husband is on his way. :yay:

Ladies, are there any more testimonies? :2inlove:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks Shimmie for a beautiful thread! It has surely blessed me and has given me hope that my husband is on his way. :yay:

Ladies, are there any more testimonies? :2inlove:

Thank you, precious one. It is God who gets all of the glory. He never fails us, none of us.

I have several testimonies in my PM box from some of the ladies here, but I don't have their permission to share who they are and what they have shared with me in how God has blessed them with marriage.

However, I can share that each time I've received and read them, I broke down and cried tears of joy and thankfulness for what God has done for them.

God is awesome and He never, ever fails. And unto you, your husband shall come and he will be the one, whom God has joined together. Your name says it all, for you shall be 'Delightful to Him" and to him, your husband. I thank God and pray in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :giveheart: