Marriage Prayers for Singles - It is God's Will for You to be Married

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ladies, may I shall this 'word' with you? It's a foundation for anyone, married or single.

God gave this to me in prayer and each time I share it, the Lord enhances this message and miracles happen. His miracles. Each time, someone always came back with a testimony.

There is power in prayer. More power than we allow ourselves to realize and take full part in. Yet, we have the power to bring down Heaven here on this earth that we live upon.

There is no 'Secret' here. Neither is there any type of Metamorphosis or methods of 'making it happen.' God makes it happen, all one has to do is what He said to do. Ask Him, and Believe and Receive.

This is not about me. It's about each of us coming together on one accord to Trust God with each other for each other. Becoming one, to see this done in each other's lives.

Setting up the Foundation - Trusting God:

God wants to speak to you and He intends to do just that...speak to you, for your life individually and for the prayers you've asked. This is one-on-one between you and God. Record your prayers, your thoughts, Bible scriptures and all God speaks to you.
  • Have your Bibles at hand. (the bed, the livingroom, your purse, at work).
  • A prayer and faith journal.
  • Devotional book.
  • Worship music that soothes your spirit.
  • Stay under the 'Word of God'. Here you will have every instruction that you will ever need. It's all there in His word.
  • Mindset: We either Trust God or we don't.
The Foundation is His Word...Let this story bless you. You will see it tie in with your faith.

As long as I live, I will never forget the story in I Kings 18, with Elijah the Prophet:

"If God be God, serve Him, if Baal be god serve him."

Here, the people of Baal exhaulted Baal as god. But, through Elijah's faith, God showed out BIG TIME! Glory! Did He not!!!

{Ladies, the annointing that is pouring from God's heart into these words are going to catch hold onto some of you and you will never be the same. There's a long-awaited answer and victory here}.

The childen of Baal proceeded to prove Baal as god. They built an altar unto Baal, and spent the entire night trying to get Baal's altar to burn. No matter what they did, it didn't work. Some said Baal was asleep. :look: They even began to tear the skin off of their bodies, and to no avail would that altar burn.

Oh Boy! But Elijah...God's man of the hour, sat and watched until after the 'show' was over. Dear Lord! Elijah began to re-build the Altar of the Lord.

Elijah asked them to dig a trench around the Altar (of the Lord [key words]), place the sacrifice upon it and cover the sacrifice with water.

Elijah spoke to the people, Two words, "Wet It". Yes, Elijah had them wet down the Altar of God. Then three words, "Wet It Again." Then five words: "Wet it a third time". And the water ran down upon the Altar of the Lord and even into the trench that surrounded it.

Then Elijah looked up to Heaven and prayed: "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command.

Answer me, O LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again."

Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.

When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD -He is God! The LORD -He is God!"

Now, what does this have to do with a marriage prayer?

The Altar of the Lord had be torn down in ruins and then re-built by Elijah.

How many of your "Altars" (your lives, dreams, and prayers) 'appear' to have been torn down, in ruins, with no hope of ever existing?

Today they have been re-built.

Even with your 'Altar' re-built, how many of you have felt that it's over, no hope for your dreams to come true? Anything and That and All that is 'of the Lord', cannot be aborted.

No matter how much water has been poured upon your dreams, the tears you've cried and shed late at night and into the mornings and at night again, that which is 'of the Lord' will live again.

Who will you trust? Baal...the counterfeit god of 'counterfeits'? The enemy with his lies, doubts, fears, unbelief, distractions to seek outside of God's word?

Or will you trust God, Himself? He whom no matter what the situation, nor how may times you've sinned, He is there to re-build and make you whole again...a brand new start to have the Desire of your Heart.

When it's of the Lord, no one can take it away from you. No matter what the children of Baal did, they could not take away from God having His glory. Their hope was of the 'flesh' to which there is no avail.

If God be God....

Angels, let go of the past, and the present. Let go of all guilt, for this day you have been re-built.

If God be God -- and He is -- surely He is. Let's Pray and Let Him do it.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I posted this prayer last night in the "Sexual Compatibility" thread.

Dearest Ones for whom I pray.

With hearts like yours, God has no problem answering the desire of your heart to be married. That's what He created and designed us for. And in your prayers thank God as follows:

" Lord, I thank you that I will be as you have 'such' created". (This scripture you find in Ephesians 2). God created us to be married and to serve His purpose. (Genesis 2)

Whatever you do, allow God to be first.

Such as, "Father, only you can give me the desire of my heart to be a wife and to give glory to you as such. I will not bow to the world, but unto you."

Dear Father, bless me as you did Hannah when she asked you for a son, you answered her prayer and blessed her with Samuel, which means, "...because I asked the Lord for him."

Lord because "I asked", you will answer, for your word says, 'If I ask anything according to your will, you will hear me and when I know that you hear me, I can expect you to answer, 'yes'' to my request. For a happy, loving, fruitful marriage is Your will and Your will shall be done, here on earth, in my life, as it is in Heaven.

I promise to allow my marriage to give you glory. To you I surrender all short comings that are in me and in my husband. To be the wife that you created me to be. And to allow my husband to be the man you created and designed him to be.

Father, take over my life from this day forward. To you, I surrender all. Let your will be done and not my will.

Please protect me from all counterfeits. Please allow only the right man to come into my path and into my life to make me his wife. When he comes you will prove to me beyond a doubt that he is the one. I promise to ask you first, before I surrender my heart, allowing you to be my leader and guide in all truth.

In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

Angels, there is no magic pattern or prayer, you are simply putting it there in God's hands. Then let it come from Him. And it will, "Because you asked" just as Hannah did and God said, yes.

All we are doing is coming together as one, for each other, believing God.

Loving blessings and Sweet sleep to each of you. Dream of Him; the One without sin, and then the him who is yet to be. Amen.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm coming back with more that the Lord gave me with the story about Elijah. It fits into the foundation for marriage. ;)

ArrrBeee

Shimmie Girl, thanks for the powerful words of divinely spoken wisdom. May the Lord continue to use you to minister to us and to others.

Sashaa08

Timely and powerful word indeed. Thanks Shimmie for allowing GOD to use you as a vessel to reach out to and encourage so many people.

Sashaa

star

ShimmieGirl said:

With hearts like yours, God has no problem answering the desire of your heart to be married. That's what He created and designed us for. And in your prayers thank God as follows:

" Lord, I thank you that I will be as you have 'such' created". (This scripture you find in Ephesians 2). God created us to be married and to serve His purpose. (Genesis 2)

Such as, "Father, only you can give me the desire of my heart to be a wife and to give glory to you as such. I will not bow to the world, but unto you."

Dear Father, bless me as you did Hannah when she asked you for a son, you answered her prayer and blessed her with Samuel, which means, "...because I asked the Lord for him."

Lord because "I asked", you will answer, for your word says, 'If I ask anything according to your will, you will hear me and when I know that you hear me, I can expect you to answer, 'yes'' to my request. For a happy, loving, fruitful marriage is Your will and Your will shall be done in, here on earth, in my life, as it is in Heaven.

I promise to allow my marriage to give you glory. To you I surrender all short comings that are in me and in my husband. To be the wife that you created me to be. And to allow my husband to be the man you created and designed him to be.

Father, take over my life from this day forward. To you, I surrender all. Let your will be done and not my will.

Please protect me from all counterfeits. Please allow only the right man to come into my path and into my life to make me his wife. When he comes you will prove to me beyond a doubt that he is the one. I promise to ask you first, before I surrender my heart, allowing you to be my leader and guide in all truth.

Angels, there is no magic pattern or prayer, you are simply putting it there in God's hands. Then let it come from Him. And it will, "Because you asked" just as Hannah did and God said, yes.

Loving blessings and Sweet sleep to each of you. Dream of Him; the One without sin, and then the him who is yet to be. Amen.
I love everyone here but I love me some ShimmieGirl what a blessing she has been so, so glad God gave us her. This info is so on time and beautiful because I know my soul mate is almost here so excited to see whom God has for me.

comike

Thank God for Shimmie. I receive it.....I receive that word from God. Praise God for His goodness, His love, His grace.

phynestone

This was so pretty. I could feel the Holy Spirit speaking to me. Thanks for sharing. I feel so much better now.

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies, don't give up. In my Christian walk, I've heard many questions from women.

Where is he? When is he coming? I still don't see any signs of me ever having a husband. I've asked God time and again, and still nothing.

Ladies, remember during the time of Elijah the prophet, when it didn't rain for three years? Hold on to that (3 years...no rain), okay? ;)

May I take you back to the foundation? God's Word? Look at this:

And Elijah said to Ahab, "Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain. "So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

"Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there," he said.

Seven times Elijah said, "Go back."

The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea."

So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.' "

Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain came on....;)

Angels, don't give up. Even when you don't 'see' what you are praying for, don't give up.

Elijah saw the rain yet to be. His spirit gave him the signal that the rain was approaching. Elijah checked it out by kneeling to the ground and bowing his head...he heard the 'rumble' of the clouds...he heard the rain that finally came.

His servant obeyed and continued to watch until he saw it appear...then occurred a down pour of what they had been looking for...the rain.

Ladies, your 'dry season' is over. The reproach of your widowhood is over...get ready for the rain...a 'down pour' of husbands are ready to fall upon you.

Now, if the Holy Spirit can get marriage out of the book of I Kings, chapter 18, how much more can He also get marriage there just for you...:lol:

Don't you just love the Word of God?

Don't give up...:) Just say to yourselves, "If God be God"......

With all my loving prayers...

Last edited:

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Shimmie you are a blessing to my soul reading your post makes my soul flutter. You are truely blessed. All that you say God had already blessed you 10 fold may God continue to bless you and all your talents to bring His children to His church.

IN JESUS NAME AMEN

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I love all of you precious ladies. I'm just giving back to each of you. We all have much to share to help each other. You've all helped me more than you know.

All that I have, I will share with you with all of my heart. Shimmie doesn't claim to know anything, all that you can be sure of is 'What sayeth the Lord", not me. But what He says through me. I pray for His heart to abide in me each day as I pray.

Blessings angels. I'll be in prayer and back with more to share. But please share your prayers and thoughts here as well. It's our place to agree for each other and with each other. I have much to learn from each of you. So please share. "Iron sharpens Iron."

Sweet sleep angels...dream of your husbands and pray for him as if he's already with you...he's closer than you think. :lol:

Rinse that CO-Wash out of your haiir...I said he's coming...:lol:

Night - Night sweet ladies....loving dreams to you,

MzOptimistic

ShimmieGirl said:

Lord because "I asked", you will answer, for your word says, 'If I ask anything according to your will, you will hear me and when I know that you hear me, I can expect you to answer, 'yes'' to my request. For a happy, loving, fruitful marriage is Your will and Your will shall be done in, here on earth, in my life, as it is in Heaven.

Thank you so much for sharing this prayer..I needed this prayer to comfort me because I am currently in a 5 year relationship with someone who I KNOW is not my soulmate..and I am going through trials and tribulations..but I am trying to stick it out a little longer for the sake of my daughter...but God is not through with me yet and I know I will find my soulmate and be married...peace and blessing....this prayer brought tears to my eyes.

Tanya

**Tasha*Love**

QUOTE FROM SHIMMIE'S PRAYER: Please protect me from all counterfeits. Please allow only the right man to come into my path and into my life to make me his wife. When he comes you will prove to me beyond a doubt that he is the one. I promise to ask you first, before I surrender my heart, allowing you to be my leader and guide in all truth.

Thank you Shimmie. You know the heart of so many of us here on LHCF and that spoke to my spirit. Remember when we were talking about those "potentials"? I pray that God gives me patience to avoid the counterfeit so that I can see the real thing. Patience is the key. God will move when he sees fit and he's never a day too late. I have surrendered my heart to God and I know that anyone that comes into my life will not be the center of my joy. I have made the mistake of making my men my "center". Jesus is now my "center". He is the lover of my soul and the keeper of my mind. He is the "center" of my existence.

My heart is overflowing and you have ministered to my spirit. I asked for a word from the Lord earlier this week about marriage and he delivered the answer thru you.

star

mitcy said:
Shimmie you are a blessing to my soul reading your post makes my sould flutter. You are truely blessed. All that you say God had already blessed you 10 fold may God continue to bless you and all your talents to bring His children to His church.

IN JESUS NAME AMEN
I second this. AMEN!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
All of you are making me cry. I don't profess to know anything...only what I have lived for almost 24 years...loving Jesus.

Ladies, God is all I know and when I post in any thread in this forum, He comes of me naturally. I can't help it nor do I want to. I love Him so much and I can't deny who Jesus is. I just can't....

May I tell you something? Being a single mom, I did not want my daughter to live the life I did without the love of a husband. And Angels, I prayed --- I prayed and literally 'told' God that my daughter was not going to live this life being disrespected, shacked up, pregnant having babies and no husband.

And I stood on God's Word, I refused to give up on it. Other people's lives around us dictated otherwise and other's 'settled', but God kept His Word and my babygirl has a husband who loves her; a brand new home, beautiful children and they all love God.

I'm not putting anyone down, please believe me when I say that. I know how hard it is out there. So, I am right here with you knowing and loving and respecting all that each of you are. I love you, Ladies. I really love you. I'm not a snob or anything like that.

So don't give up on marriage. You don't have to compromise. God will do it...just for you.

I love you..........

Last edited:

Zeal

Beautiful. Just Beautiful.

Thanx once again Shimmie.

By time I finish praying all these prayers I am going to be late for work. :lachen: . I'll do some at bedtime.

Shimmie

Staff member
Zeal said:
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.

Thanx once again Shimmie.

By time I finish praying all these prayers I am going to be late for work. :lachen: . I'll do some at bedtime.

There's plenty more to follow...:lol: I'll have to place them on CD so you can listen.

In my life as a Christian, prayer is all I know. One day I'll share God's miracles with the prayers He gave me regarding my children. They came to pass. You'll never get to work.

sithembile

Thank you for your encouragement, Shimmie and all the ladies. I've been on this forum for over 3 years. During that time, I got saved, was single for 2 years and prayed for a husband. The Lord brought a wonderful Christian into my life and we've been dating for 10 months. We are praying and discussing marriage, I believe he is going to propose soon. God is truly good!

Nella

Shimmie,

Thanks so much for this prayer as I have been asking/questioning when I will have the husband that GOD desires for me. I know he who finds a wife finds a good thing and I'm truly waiting on him to find me.

Thanks and Many Blessings to you all,

PaperClip

I am having a spiritual/mental/emotional challenge in this area.... I know that the Lord has promised marriage in my life. I am choked with fear and doubt in this area right now because my age is beyond the traditional age for marriage.... And still waiting re. sexual relations as well.... I've browsed this thread several times but it's a challenge to see where the prayer begins and ends. It may be quite obvious, but my brain seems so foggy to focus....

Thank you for the space to vent.

Shimmie

Staff member
"And the Lord said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

Then Moses said, "Now show me your Glory."

And the Lord said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you and I proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

".....when my Glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by."

Exodus 33:17-19

Angels...God will do the very thing you have asked. He is pleased with you and He knows you EACH by name. God loves you. So much so, that as He shows you his Glory...as His glory passes by (with your blessings and the answer to your prayers), He will protect you by placing you under His safety in the cleft of the Rock (Jesus) and will cover you with His hand.

Ummmmm, is anyone ready to shout? Angels, God says YES. He's coming to you with your heart's desires. AND it's not a gamble...this isn't Vegas or Atlantic City...It's God from Heaven above endowing you with all of His love. He wants to bless each of you in marriage...Happy Marriages and nothing less than His very best.

Angels, be ready and just trust. God is not abandoning your heart; he will not crush your Dreams into dust. His word says, 'A bruised reed He will not crush". He will not put more hurt upon your hurts. God says, He will do the very thing you have asked, because He is pleased with you and He knows you by name...

Amen and Amen. Praise you Father. Praise the name of the Lord Jesus. Bless His Holy Name...forever and ever. Amen.

Update: August 24, 2016 - I forgot that I shared this beautiful scripture from Exodus 33 here in this thread. "Lord, show me your glory..." And He will, indeed.
Note: I came back to fix my typo's...sorry angels :blush: