Mary Kay Letourneau And Vili Fualaau Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniv, 20/20

Always~Wear~Joy

Did anyone watch this?? He doesn't seem happy with his stolen childhood and she seems like she's trying to be young than what she is. She's 53 and he's 30 now.

MrsWatson

I watched. I noticed she kept answering questions that were directed towards him. I also noticed that they seemed pretty unhappy with each other.

Pretty delusional that after all these years she doesn't see anything wrong with a 34 year old woman sleeping with a 13 year old.

Always~Wear~Joy

As parent, teacher and human being, how could she not think what she did was wrong? She stated that at the time, she didn't know it would be an offense and cause her to lose her job. orly???

Farida

As parent, teacher and human being, how could she not think what she did was wrong? She stated that at the time, she didn't know it would be an offense and cause her to lose her job. orly???

That's perhaps the worst of it all. If she could at least admit what she did was wrong.

I felt it was telling that he said he feels "safe" in this family. He came from a broken home and this woman gave him affection, belonging and attention he lacked. She confused him by adding sex (rape) into the mix. She has been the only constant in his life and the only semblance of family.

He has suffered from alcoholism and depression. There's no surprise there. I really wanted to hear from her older kids and from a friend or family member of his. She just paints everything as rosy.

Nazaneen

I watched. I noticed she kept answering questions that were directed towards him. I also noticed that they seemed pretty unhappy with each other.

Pretty delusional that after all these years she doesn't see anything wrong with a 34 year old woman sleeping with a 13 year old.
was she 34 when it began? just wow!!
i know she had a bunch of kids of her own

TeddyBear

They became lovers when he was 12, in the sixth grade, and she was 34.

Both came from dysfunctional families. But Fualaau’s history – with a father in prison for armed robbery – was relatively normal compared with hers.

Letourneau’s father was John Schmitz, the ultra-conservative, family-values Orange County congressman and one-time presidential candidate, who was found in 1982 to have a second family with a woman who was a former student.
_________

He became a father at 14 and then 15.. now he suffers from depression (on anti-depressants) and alcoholism and was arrested for a DUI back in 2006. Sad!

IMO.. Mary is just twisted!

brg240

She's so sick and her friends apparently thought it wasn't that bad?!

I thought this was really telling
Their parents are very protective, and Vili said he has warned his daughters against having boyfriends.

“The reason for me telling them that was just from, out of experience,” he said. “A relationship could lead to something that you think you wanted back then. You don't really want it, maybe, years later.”

If either of their girls did what they did, if they came home one day and said they were sleeping with their teacher, both Mary and Vili said they would be shocked and upset.

“I don't support younger kids being married or having a relationship with someone older,” Vili said. “I don't support it.”

Harina

^^ Who doesn't? Lol.

I think they are going to end up separating/divorcing around the time the youngest daughter turns 18. If not before.

In addition to the whole awkward chemistry thing, Letourneau looks really old in comparison. I doubt he's going to continue being physically attracted to her and that's a big part of relationships. If he even still is. He's 30. He's going to meet someone else. It's cute when your teacher is a hot young thing but now she's reaching an advanced age and he's still the age many men who have never been married are. Not going to last. I know they want it to soooooo badly to say "*** you" to all their naysayers but I just don't see it happening. He's looking like her handler now not a happy married couple. But what do I know.

Last edited:

metro_qt

Ughhhhh .
I just read an article stating that she first met him when he was a SECOND GRADE STUDENT in her second grade class. HE WAS SEVEN YEARS OLD. She bided her time I guess, until he was 12.

Ugh

TayMac

Wasn't interesting in watching. If I was her, I would have faded into obscurity. I don't blame her older children if they declined to be interviewed ever.

brg240

So she wants to teach school again?! She wants to be removed from the sex offender register?!

I feel so bad for him. And thier kids

Zaynab

I watched it. Absolutely disgusting for me since I have children that she now, I can't imagine. He was a victim and he doesn't seem to be able to articulate that without maybe dishonoring the fact he is a father and loves his girls. Mary sat there in all the glory of a white woman/ privilege /victim /glory ..she felt he expressed these feelings she couldn't deny, etc. She feels she has no control over their love, blah. She's sick. She's so brazen they live and their children attend school in the same district she taught in.