MATTED HAIR!!!! THANK YOU JOYUS!!

fallback

Ladies.......I had a 911 HAIR EMERGENCY last night. I took out my micro braids which took about five hours to get out. It was so late that I decided to just wash my hair the next day. Well...I dont know why I didn't comb through my hair before I washed it (mistake #1) I usually do. Need I tell y'all how matted my hair was??? It looked like I had dreadlocks. I hit the panic button and called my cousin Joyous (THANK YOU COUSIN FOR SAVING MY HAIR!!:D) I told her my hair was in knots and I was about to do a BIG CHOP!! She screamed NOOOOOOO!!! I'm on my way to you right now!! I told her she had better hurry up because by this time I was fustrated and upset!!! I could not comb through my hair at all.

Joyous came over and was able to get my hair unmatted and it only took three hours.:eek: I thank God for my cousin being home because I would have cut my hair short and I'm talkin I had knots that would have caused me to cut my hair down to about 2 or 3 inches. I had very minimal damage and below are two pictures. My hair is still thick and about to my shoulders. I wont show the pictures of how it looks now but in the Hide your hair till XMAS challenge.

Just a reminder for anyone with braids always comb through your hair first before washing and get the dead hair out. This was a big lesson learned for me and I know better!!!:wallbash:

Thanks again cousin!!! LUV YA!!!!!:grin::grin:

"
MATTED MESS

">
TUMBLED WEED.!!!

Your welcome, cuz. That was one matted tangled mess, I mean there were big knots everywhere. Glad you only got minimal damage. I just remembered when I had to cut off a foot of hair when that happened to me. Now I can confess that when I looked at your hair I really thought I could never get it out.Thank God for a vent brush, PM Supercharged and three hours of time.HHG

This happened to me last year after I took my braids out and forgot to comb my hair before washing it. Glad to hear that you two were able to untangle your hair.

fallback said:
Just a reminder for anyone with braids always comb through your hair first before washing and get the dead hair out. This was a big lesson learned for me and I know better!!!:wallbash:

Definitely!

I didn't know then but I do now. But, after last time, I'm 98% sure I'll never get braids again.

I want to thank Joyous also!!!!!!!!!! Joyous I know you were praying silently for a miracle because I was :). Thank God you had very little breakage and all is happy and nappy now!!!!!!!!! :)

You are truly blessed to have a cuz that cares so much. I happy this worked out for you. I had a bad situation with matting about 2 months ago and lost some of my thickness because of it

I'm glad you got it detangled and didn't cut. This happened to me when I took out a sew in. I fingered combed but i guess it wasn't enough.

Girls beware. This "can" even happen if you comb your hair out. It is like your hair has memory or something. It has happened to me. Now as I take a few braids down I braid a big braid. I end up with 8 - 15 braids depending on what style I had. I wash that first.

I also think it has to do with what you did with your hair while it was in braids also. Depending on what style I have, I wash mine alot and that washing and airdrying over and over makes my hair have memory I guess. Don't get me wrong the washing and cond and all that is good for my hair while it is braided but I have to take it down and rebraid/twist as I go for that first wash. I haven't had a relaxer since March 2005 and that is why. I always wore braids with my relaxers and that didn't happen. Everything else was going wrong but I didn't have matted hair (how could I? I was sittin' up in my stylist's chair ever 5 weeks).

I will never take down braids and just comb out and wash it...I skurred. :eek:

ftballwidow said:
Girls beware. This "can" even happen if you comb your hair out. It is like your hair has memory or something. It has happened to me. Now as I take a few braids down I braid a big braid. I end up with 8 - 15 braids depending on what style I had.
I will never take down braids and just comb out and wash it...I skurred. :eek:

You're absolutely right. That first wash after taking down braids or weaves can be a monster, even with a comb out. It seems like the hair is so tightly coiled at the root that the hair just mats when you wash. I agree, when you remove braids you should braid your hair into big plaits and wash your hair in sections.

Back