MATTING IN KINKYS

girlyprincess23

Has anyone stayed in kinkys for 3 months with or without matting? I'd love to hear anyone who has worn the same kinkys for 3+ months' experience. I read that you can but I am kind of scared as my hair gets a little wet everyday and I always thought wetting your hair and leaving braids in too long led to matting, but I also read about stylists trying to extort more money out of people by telling them that they can leave their kinkys or weaves in for up to 3 months as long as they come back for regular maintenance and have their kinkys/ weaves washed with a special shampoo. So i was jut wondering has anyone ever had any problems with this I tried a search on the internet but the info was sparse

TIA

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I've never done it, and I don't recommend it. 6-8 weeks tops, anything over that is too long IMO. I tell my clients the same thing (I braid hair for others). I had a friend of mine keep hers in for almost 3 months, by the time she took them out she had major buildup and so many tangles she had to go to the salon and have them detangle her hair.

Ivonnovi

I'd like to respond that I've had twists/briads in for about 15 months, BUT I constantly re'do them.

Having a braid that's not been touched in 3 months is a little much for me to imagine, ....unless you're going for dreds. BUT even dreds can be unravled, it just will take time and patience.