Maxiglide: The Steam Button Doesn't Work!

secretdiamond

I have never really used the darn thing! I used it once exactly a year ago, but it was a half job, where I had the dial on 1 and barely parted my hair. I have sinced used it 2x after that to do my friend's hair (she's like a type 1 or type 2 hair) so I never really used it.

Now I want to use it for real to avoid going to the dominicans and when I tried it on a section of my hair, I smelled burning hair and smoke coming out! :eek: Dumb me was like "Oh, that's the steam action!" But then I thought about it and was like, the steam shouldn't make my hair smell like that.

So I start pressing the button and nothing comes out! It slightly hisses and if anything does come out, it's these very very tiny white flakes! :eek: So I washed and changed the water inside the container and now it hisses and once in a while, a little water droplet comes sizzling out. But I don't SEE any steam! I used to see it before. :mad:

Did anybody else get this?

Last edited:

The Girl

OH WOW LADY...I thought mine was acting up today then just dismissed it. I know someone on here swears we shoudl only use distilled water...maybe this is why. I know that I used tap water today and that there are a lot of minerals in tap water maybe the y are blocking the hole or something. :perplexed Awww I hope not.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Yeah mine was acting up too and I've only ever used distilled water. When I press the button all I hear a puff of air come out. I thought it was just me because the little container needs re-filling every time I use it so I guess something's coming out. The iron still works fine though and I don't use the steam that much anyway.

sareca

Mine still steams and hisses, but it has a crack somewhere because hot water comes out the handle now :eek::mad:

secretdiamond

JustMeSteph: I use tap too! Maybe it's b/c I have hard water! Great......

Pokahontas: If you have to refill, I guess it still works. I'm pissed about mine not working! :angry:

Sacreca: I can't believe there's water coming out! Is there a way you can return it for repairs or a new one? I'm thinking of doing that. I hope I can.