May 12 13 14 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Happy Weekend Ladies!:rose:

Happy Mo.ther's Day to all the Beautiful Mothers, "Expectant Mothers", Aunties, Godmothers, Sisters, Teachers and each and everyone of you who touches the lives of children. :flowers:

It's a Beautiful thing.:fairy:

Thank you for everything you do to be a Blessing.

Thank you for every ounce of love and wisdom you pour into an impressionable life.

While you're doing for everyone else, take some time for yourself. Let others pour into You and Pamper You. :dinner:

Refresh and Beautify Yourselves and Have a Lovely, Blessed and Peaceful Weekend.:kiss:

So Ladies.......What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans????:infatuated:

Allandra

:wave:

Well, let's see. I know I'm going to cleanse, moisturize and oil. I still haven't added in deep conditioning yet (or regular ole conditioning for that matter). My hair is growing back nicely though. I'm still waiting on my curls to come back. For me, type 1 hair is not where it's at. No way. No how.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Finished up late last night

Exfoliate: Komaza Care Pona Hair and Scalp Treatment
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
Detangle/Condition: SSI Sugar Peach Super Moist Conditioner topped with SSI Apple Nectar Conditioner
Post-wash: SSI Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail, SSI Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream, MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Cream, Wetline Gel on my edges

Evolving78

Happy Weekend Ladies!:rose:

Happy Mo.ther's Day to all the Beautiful Mothers, "Expectant Mothers", Aunties, Godmothers, Sisters, Teachers and each and everyone of you who touches the lives of children. :flowers:

It's a Beautiful thing.:fairy:

Thank you for everything you do to be a Blessing.

Thank you for every ounce of love and wisdom you pour into an impressionable life.

While you're doing for everyone else, take some time for yourself. Let others pour into You and Pamper You. :dinner:

Refresh and Beautify Yourselves and Have a Lovely, Blessed and Peaceful Weekend.:kiss:

So Ladies.......What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans????:infatuated:
I'm gonna be nice to me for a change! I haven't had a really nice Mother's Day in a few years. I plan on washing and flat ironing my hair. I washed on Wed, but I didn't use any direct heat.

NaturalShe94

Saturday:
I'm going to keep my hair bunned all day, then at night I will be putting my hair in Flat Twists with Blueberry Bliss Twist N' Shout Cream overnight to take down for church Sunday Morning and a day out with my mother.

Sunday:
Wear twist out all day.
When I get home:
Shampoo & Condition with SM Low Porosity Protein Free line.
Deep Condition under hooded dryer with TGIN Honey Hair Mask for 45 mins.
Moisturize with SM Low Porosity Protein Free Leave In

Let it air dry, plait it, bun it, throw a bonnet on it :cool2:

Rozlewis

I think I am going to prep my hair for a relaxer next week. This week I will clarify, protein treat, and flat iron.

Tomorrow:
Pre-Poo: Annabelles Pre-Poo Treat under heat for 20 mins
Clarify: Redken Cleansing Cream
Poo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo
Protein Treat: Komaza Care Protein Strengthener for 30 mins
DC: Naturelle Grow Protein Free DC under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelle's/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Dry: Air dry 80% and blow dry on cool till 100% dry
Heat protectant: Paul Mitchel Serum
Flat iron: SEDU

Aggie

Okay here goes - Tomorrow I will be:

-Prepooing with my Egg prepoo mixed with QB CTDG
-Shampooing with Pureology Hydrating Shampoo
-Protein DC'ing with Redken Extreme Strength Builder Fortifying Mask
-Moisture DC'ing with Redken Smooth Lock Butter Milk
-Leave-in - Keracare Natural Textures Leave-in with Amla and Shikakai

-Heavy Sealing later with MHC Type 4 Hair Creme over Keracare Leave-in and something else but not sure what yet.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Prepping for washing, treating, and styling -- by planning and locating everything and laying it all out -- took 10 minutes.

WP_20170513_006.jpg

I had to pause :meditate: and remind myself: It's not, "I have to do my hair," but "I get to do my hair and am blessed to have everything I need to do it with care."

Right now, today (before the boys return from their grandparents'!):

Soften/detangle/section: SM Hipo masque
Cleanse scalp: Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Cleanse strands: ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Protein treatment: 2:1 mix of Colorful Neutral Protein Filler and water
Clay moisturizing DC: NaturelleGrow Indian Clay
Liquid, oil, cream, gel: AVJ, CurlyProverbz DIY oil, Camille Rose Naturals "Style Setter," Curl Prep gel
Styling: Install 18 of the red flexirods (3 per section), dry under HairFlair dryer attachment, wear flexirods overnight.

vevster

Oil prepoo
JC CURLS CO WASH
The Mane Choice Green Tea conditioner
Aphoger Spray Leave In
Naturelle Grow Plantain Leave In
Ouidad anti humidity gel

I'm going to break out my Ouidad comb for detangling.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy have you ever used the CR style setter as a leave in on its own? If so, did it provide hold and keep your hair soft? Thanks!

Hi, @trueheartofgold. (And I'm tagging in @Alma Petra because if I recall correctly, she had a similar question about the Camille Rose Naturals "Style Setter").

Short answer: Not GREAT hold the one time I used it alone on my hair, but some hold. My hair frizzed the next day.

Detailed answer:
Yes -- One time I did it with NOTHING else in my hair--on very damp, almost wet hair--and it provided some hold, but not the same hold I get with a good gel. Also, my hair frizzed with it. I have very fine hair in many sections of my hair, though, and such thin strands easily separate from one another, or "frizz."

I am wondering if using it on DRY HAIR would provide better hold (and yield less frizz especially for fine hair). I'm going to keep experimenting with it alone and paired with gel and/or oil. I really like how it keeps my hair moisturized for days (a week+, if I recall correctly). And, I like how my hair feels with it in.

If it doesn't ever turn out to give me good hold, then I won't repurchase it and will instead try to find a similarly moisturizing cream/butter that DOES provide good hold for my hair.

In that case, I'm eyeing Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter. Here's the link: https://beemineorganics.com/collect...ucts/bee-hold-curly-butter-coconut-cream-8-oz. The reviews are awesome, and if I recall correctly, Abena (Embrace Natural Hair on YouTube) used it once, and I liked the results.

The ingredients in the Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter are:
100% Organic Shea Butter, 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Essential Oil Blend, Vegetable Glycerin, Rosemary Leaf and Chammomile Extract, Silk Powder, Paraben & Formaldehyde Free Preservative and Scent. (Coconut Cream)

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I washed on wednesday, so no washing this weekend. Instead Saturday, I'm doing some hair shopping with my little sister and helping her figure out a wash routine. She has never taken care of her own hair.

My scalp itched horribly today, so I went ahead and washed:

1. Scalp exfoliation
  2. Diluted Shampoo
  3. Steam DC
  4. Buttered ends
  5. Styled with Wetline and olive oil mix into 6 braids.

NaturallyATLPCH

Prepooed with Coconut Oil/Rosemary Oil Mixture
Shampooed with Giovanni Triple Treat Tea Tree Shampoo
DCed with Naturelle Grow's Thick and Rich DC :love:
Applied APB Refresher Spray, APB Hair Cream, then put in twist bun

southerncitygirl

Going wash with EO essentials shampoo. DC within Komaza Supermane for 45-60 minutes. I will twist my hair and leave in a bun/ponytail for the week. I will do this before bed.

ETA: I conditioned with Giovanni Brazilian Conditioner and rinsed it out instead.

Last edited:

Alma Petra

Hi, @trueheartofgold. (And I'm tagging in @Alma Petra because if I recall correctly, she had a similar question about the Camille Rose Naturals "Style Setter").

Short answer: Not GREAT hold the one time I used it alone on my hair, but some hold. My hair frizzed the next day.

Detailed answer:
Yes -- One time I did it with NOTHING else in my hair--on very damp, almost wet hair--and it provided some hold, but not the same hold I get with a good gel. Also, my hair frizzed with it. I have very fine hair in many sections of my hair, though, and such thin strands easily separate from one another, or "frizz."

I am wondering if using it on DRY HAIR would provide better hold (and yield less frizz especially for fine hair). I'm going to keep experimenting with it alone and paired with gel and/or oil. I really like how it keeps my hair moisturized for days (a week+, if I recall correctly). And, I like how my hair feels with it in.

If it doesn't ever turn out to give me good hold, then I won't repurchase it and will instead try to find a similarly moisturizing cream/butter that DOES provide good hold for my hair.

In that case, I'm eyeing Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter. Here's the link: https://beemineorganics.com/collect...ucts/bee-hold-curly-butter-coconut-cream-8-oz. The reviews are awesome, and if I recall correctly, Abena (Embrace Natural Hair on YouTube) used it once, and I liked the results.

The ingredients in the Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter are:
100% Organic Shea Butter, 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Essential Oil Blend, Vegetable Glycerin, Rosemary Leaf and Chammomile Extract, Silk Powder, Paraben & Formaldehyde Free Preservative and Scent. (Coconut Cream)

Many thanks! @YvetteWithJoy