May 2015 Hits & Misses

blackviolet

My Claudie's Froot Loop scented deep conditioner came and it has no scent at all where's the fruit loops?
I'm not sure if it's a hit yet, used once mixed with the last of MC Honey Marshmallow.

Will try it by itself and see how it performs.

Last edited:

julzinha

Hit
Taking Komaza's advise and incorporating more protein into my regimen.

I can see an improvement in my hairs elasticity big time.
I didn't have the analysis done, but based on their recommendation for increased protein for many woman. I started using harder and purer proteins. And I am no longer scared of my hair, the breakage is gone, my hair retains moisture much better, and it's thicker.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Aphogee Protein Treatment (I just did Step 1 and used my own moisturizing mask). This was my first hardcore protein treatment and it had my coils popping like popcorn! Plus there was hardly any breakage.

Miss: Box Braids and the take down. RIP to braids period. Back to Marleys I go for the summer.

On the fence: Bellezza Naturale Skin Pink Tangerine Mask. Her masks are missing something. It did make my hair soft once I added some oil but once I use them up, I don't think I will repurchase.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit: Aphogee Protein Treatment (I just did Step 1 and used my own moisturizing mask). This was my first hardcore protein treatment and it had my coils popping like popcorn! Plus there was hardly any breakage.

@NaturallyATLPCH

I've been having this in my Stash for a minute.

When I was thinking about a Hardcore Protein I reached for the Nexxus Emergencee instead.

Next time, I will definitely use it.

NaturallyATLPCH

@NaturallyATLPCH

I've been having this in my Stash for a minute.

When I was thinking about a Hardcore Protein I reached for the Nexxus Emergencee instead.

Next time, I will definitely use it.

Yeah, I picked it up at Sally's because I needed an OTG Protein Treatment after taking these braids down. I didn't get a chance to order my Okra Reconstructor which usually does the job as well.

Those instructions were like comb it through and my hair was like I wish you would :lol:. I raked it through with my fingers and watched my coils pop all over the place. Even when I rinsed it out, my hair looked and felt better.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@julzinha

Interesting that you mixed it with Neutral Protein Filler. :scratchchin:

Very interesting. Glad it worked well.:yep:

I have the Pro-Vitamin B Spritz and liked that, so I bought the Step 1 (to try).

I've used it before at the Salon, but never purchased it to DIY.

I will definitely try it now.

:thankyou:Thank you!

julzinha

@julzinha

Interesting that you mixed it with Neutral Protein Filler. :scratchchin:

Very interesting. Glad it worked well.:yep:

I have the Pro-Vitamin B Spritz and liked that, so I bought the Step 1 (to try).

I've used it before at the Salon, but never purchased it to DIY.

I will definitely try it now.

:thankyou:Thank you!
Aphogee 2 Step is mainly hydrolyzed collagen and Neutral Protein Filler is mainly hydrolyzed keratin and wheat protein. I feel like mixing it gives it a more complete protein profile.

myronnie

Potential Miss:
LACE Naturals Brahmi Root Masque
Yesterday I Dc'ed with Claudie's Renew then shampooed. I wanted to use the LACE Naturals DC but when I put it on my hair, it instantly hardened. O.O It could just be protein overload since it is a strengthening DC. I promptly slathered Silk Dreams Avocado on and it was all good :)

Hit
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo Sulfate Free
It doesn't even feel like shampoo! So moisturizing and the slip is fantastic. I don't know why this shampoo doesn't get more hype!

Bel Nouvo Hair Milk
Love it..I just got another bottle from Hattache because this isn't leaving my stash. My hair has been much more moisturized since I started using this as a leave-in every wash day. I don't use it on dry hair because it tends to give a bit of build up but on wet freshly washed hair it is great. The slip is fantastic.

Bel Nouvo Coco Castor
LOVE. I used it to take down my week old twists and my hair stayed moisturized for 4 days without moisturizing again. The slip is great also. I use it as a leave-in after washing. It has a bit of protein which I like to avoid overmoisturizing.

Camille Rose Algae (new formula)
I really like it. I've been using it as a prepoo before washing. It has good slip on WET hair only. On dry hair it doesn't behave properly. Very very moisturizing. Only downside is you have to only use a little or you will get some buildup/coated feeling.

Continued Hits:
Shescent it Blueberry (as a conditioner/deep conditioner)
Claudie Renew
Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
APB Butta
Oyin Hair Dew
Vatika Oil

On the fence:
APB Ayurvedic Creme:
Eh, I don't know. I feel like this may have stopped working so well for my hair. I noticed that the new jar in Cherry I've been using is way thicker than the first ones I purchased. It doesn't spread very easily and just sits there on my hair without giving it the moisture it used to.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Definite Hit:
Q-Redew & KimmayTube homemade leave in used a moisturizer.

I did a take down of a small section last night to see how my hair felt and it felt great. I'm unsure which of the two caused the moment to be magical but this seems to be a keeper.

I used this recipe in the past but my hair was like no. Now, my hair seems to be saying yes! I did modify it though because I didn't have any KCKT on hand. I used Giovanni Direct LI.

I will try using it as a leave in on my next wash day to see what I get. Report back when I do.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Potential Miss:
LACE Naturals Brahmi Root Masque

Bel Nouvo Hair Milk
Love it..I just got another bottle from Hattache because this isn't leaving my stash. My hair has been much more moisturized since I started using this as a leave-in every wash day. I don't use it on dry hair because it tends to give a bit of build up but on wet freshly washed hair it is great. The slip is fantastic.

Bel Nouvo Coco Castor
LOVE. I used it to take down my week old twists and my hair stayed moisturized for 4 days without moisturizing again. The slip is great also. I use it as a leave-in after washing. It has a bit of protein which I like to avoid overmoisturizing.

@myronnie

Great Reviews!:goodpost:

Don't rule out that L.A.C.E. Bramhi just yet.

Please Adjust your regi and try it again.:drool:

Good to know about Mr. BelNouvo's Hair Milk (I just got that)

And I Wholeheartedly 110% about that BelNouvo Coco Castor Nectar! :love:

I would spray it all day every day!:love3: It's Wonderful:lick: