May 2015...what Did You Buy This Week? (hair Care Edition)

naturalyogini

Got my Etae order. Butter shine which has lanolin it. Looks like hard grease. The conditioner only has cetearyl alcohol in it as a conditioner. That will not do for my hair. I'll let you know how it works. But I can tell you that nothing I got is worth 19.95. Overpriced. Off to co-wash my hair and let you know if the conditioner is all that. BTW everything has Tea Tree oil in it, which I am midly allergic to. Wish I'd known that.

naturalyogini

@naturalyogini

I'm so glad I didn't purchase anything.:nono:
Yeah I decided to send them an e-mail about the ingredients. I'm a vegan and so I can't use a product with lanolin in it! And I am allergic to tea tree oil. So if they had listed the ingredients for each product, I would not have purchased. If I can't get a refund, I guess I'm stuck with them. Never again will I purchase something without knowing what is in them.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@naturalyogini Hopefully, you can get a refund? Even if they make you send them back.

If you paid via PayPal you could file a Dispute = "Item received not as described" and the reason being - they did not disclose the full list of ingredients and you have certain allergies to things not listed.

I'm sure if it came to filing a dispute based on these reasons, they would side in your favor.

Hopefully, it wouldn't hafta' come to that.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

naturalyogini

@naturalyogini Hopefully, you can get a refund? Even if they make you send them back.

If you paid via PayPal you could file a Dispute = "Item received not as described" and the reason being - they did not disclose the full list of ingredients and you have certain allergies to things not listed.

I'm sure if it came to filing a dispute based on these reasons, they would side in your favor.

Hopefully, it wouldn't hafta' come to that.

Just a thought.
I paid by credit card.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
From Walgreens' Shea Moisture sale:
2 x SM Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque

From local BSS:
The Original Mane 'n Tail Reconstructor instant Protein Conditioning Treatment (Hoping for a silicone-free replacement for Aphogee & Infusium 23 leave-in mists)

lovelycurls

40% off Sales are the Bomb!

Naturelle Grow:
80z Hibisicus & honey leave in conditioner
16oz Marshmallow root deep conditioner
16oz Mango &Coconut water deep conditioner treatment
8oz Irish moss moisture rich hair conditioner
8oz Vanilla fig light hair Moisturizer

Leo24Rule

Today I stocked up on vitamins so I can be a full HL.
So I bought:
1) Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin, & Nails (www.hsn.com)
2) Andrew Lessman's: Vitamin C Complex for full vitamin absorption
3) Bamboo Tea (www.amazon.com)

I still need to buy a multi-vitamin and bamboo pills, but that'll be during the week.

ms.blue

Got my Etae order. Butter shine which has lanolin it. Looks like hard grease. The conditioner only has cetearyl alcohol in it as a conditioner. That will not do for my hair. I'll let you know how it works. But I can tell you that nothing I got is worth 19.95. Overpriced. Off to co-wash my hair and let you know if the conditioner is all that. BTW everything has Tea Tree oil in it, which I am midly allergic to. Wish I'd known that.
Definitely agree the products are overpriced. I got both the carmel treatment and shine glosser (olive oil with a bunch of essential oils in a 4oz peasy bottle).

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
From Walgreen's BOGO Free sale:
1 each: SM Coconut Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist and SM Kids Coconut Hibiscus Extra Moisturizing Detangler

I'm a bit miffed SM shrank the size of the Hold & Shine Moisture Mist from 12oz to 8oz.

LaFat

Cantu shea butter leave-in
Wave nouveau moisturizing finishing lotion
CON argan oil intensive treatment