May 2016: Hits & Misses

CopperRose

Miss:
-Having a ton of products :(: I'm not really a junkie I just hadn't found my holy grails. But for the past 2 weeks with the increasing dews I've found a few products that work very well. I don't know if it'd be the same in winter but I need to sell off a good chunk of my stash.

Hits:
- Higher dews: makes my lo-po hair very happy :)
- Curl junkie smoothing lotion under CTDG or Komaza pudding: Very soft moisturized hair
- Komaza Protein treatment with a little extra silk amino acids

naturalyogini

Miss
Using Soultanicals moisture dip condish after my henna. It did something to the color. Made my edges and front orange. There was color bleed on the rim of my plastic cap. Warning don't use this conditioner after color.

Semi miss
Grittiness of Moroccan henna. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. I still have have bits of grit in my hair.

On a brighter note,

Hit
My first henna/indigo was quite easy. No allergic reactions. Yay!

Soultanicals Moisture Dip conditioner. Felt nice after rinsing out.

Tresemme new formula no silicone condish, whatever it's called is fabulous. Moisture and slip. I used half the bottle rinsing out my henna.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Shea Moisture High Po Cowash
This stuff is really good. Soft, clean moisturized hair. Wish it came in a bigger bottle but I'm using it once a week I can stretch it for a month. Now I want to try their other cleansing conditioners now.

Last edited:

curlyhersheygirl

@curlyhersheygirl
I was going to let SM Purification go anyway (too much going on with them) and Beau Vert will be a nice replacement. I'll look at APB too.
@IDareT'sHair
I left SM purification mask on the wayside because of all the changes. That's why I really ventured out to try APB's detox mask and I wasn't disappointed. Now I have two options.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@IDareT'sHair
I left SM purification mask on the wayside because of all the changes. That's why I really ventured out to try APB's detox mask and I wasn't disappointed. Now I have two options.

@curlyhersheygirl
Yeah, after stockpiling a few jars, I thought: "This is crazy" it's not even worth all that time and energy.:lachen:....:look:

I have a few jars left and have given a few jars away. I've mentally moved on from that product.

Which was actually the only SM product that was always a definite repurchase. Still have the Manuka and 5n1 Superfruit to try.

AgeinATL

@curlyhersheygirl
I was going to let SM Purification go anyway (too much going on with them) and Beau Vert will be a nice replacement. I'll look at APB too.

@IDareT'sHair

Been looking for a good replacement for the Purification Mask. Appreciate the suggestions.

curlyhersheygirl

@AgeinATL
Yeah, that Jakeala Beau Vert is pretty amazing. Haven't tried the APB Detox yet.

I would use SM Purification as a Cleanser sometimes.

But I can't see myself doing that with the Jakeala though. I used it as a Treatment under the dryer & with Steam.

The SM Purification, I would either use on Dry Hair or as a Cleanser.
@IDareT'sHair & @AgeinATL
Agreed.
The original SM purification had African black soap in it so it could be used as a cleanser. I never used it that way , just as a treatment. So these two masks gives me very similar results to what I got when I used SM purification as a treatment.

ms.blue

Miss: Rose water. A big ole mess for my face and even bigger mess for my hair. I decided to use rosewater on hair because it was making my face too oily so I got the bright idea for hair....NO, NOPE, OH HECK NAH:mad: That stuff dried my hair out...just sucked out all the moisture my hair had.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
HIT: Mixing Hairveda's Acai Berry and Red Tea Conditioners and using under heat for 30 minutes as a DC!

Whew, chile! I liked this combo so much as a rinse-out that I was curious to see how it performed as a DC under heat and I'm so glad I tried it! My hair was silky, soft, detangled, juicy and strong---but not brittle! I think I'm going to alternate between using the Sitranillah and this combo as my weekly moisturizing/rebalancing DC after my Megatek treatment!

Beany

Hit: Loco beauty's customer service. I ordered the CRN coconut water style setter and they sent the algae mask instead. I notified them of the mistake and they quickly sent out the right product. I'll definitely reorder from them.

ParagonTresses

I have only used it twice but I'm already claiming "hit" on my Chi Keratin leave-in. First, I really like the consistency. I expected a "mist" but it's more creamy. Makes my hair super smooth; I enjoy the smell; doesn't take much to get the job done....can't wait to see how it works the rest of the month.