May 2016: Hits & Misses

Smiley79

I revisited Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Reconstructor spray. This was the only leave-in I used on my hair last session. After wash & DC, I sprayed the Aphogee then let my hair almost air dry in 5 sections. Then I proceeded with moisturizing and sealing. I think the Aphogee being a protein is a great leave in option to give my hair the strength that it needs. I did notice a little less breakage throughout the week. I will give this method a few more tries before I formulate a final conclusion for my hair.

Anaisin

@Anaisin, rinsing with cool water is such a miss for me. Makes my hair feel coarse like I never deep conditioned. Crazy right.
Right. I recall doing it before years ago and it felt like I did a protein treatment. I think it's just the cowash I'm using, I followed the directions & it worked

Last edited:

Aggie

I went to the BSS to see if they sold Miss Jessie's because I was looking for baby buttercream. The lady in the store laughed and said "No, but we sell Aunt Jackies". I asked her what was that and she laughed. I told her I was serious, never heard of this. She laughed and took me to the products. I asked if they were any good and she laughed. I asked how it compares to MJ's and she laughed. I know she wasn't trying to be rude but based on my line of questions, she already knew I wasn't there for it. Your review basically sealed the deal for me. I don't know whose aunt this is, but I don't trust her :(
:lachen: :rofl: :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The best....hmmm

@shawnyblazes
Yup. For my Hair. It's a lotion-y consistency. It's my Miracle in a Bottle.

I put it on dry hair. Allow it to sit a few minutes and then proceed with finger detangling. Removes stubborn matting, dreading, poppin' & lockin' errthang.

No Worries!

It totally attacks it and makes it easy to get through the unraveling process. Her last Sale, I had to do a "Custom Request" and get 16oz's although I probably need a Liter if I plan to stick with this Natcha' thang.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
HIT:
Bekura Honey Latte Detangling Milk - smells great, offers awesome hydration & I get good curl definition. It's a repurchase.

Having hair that finally behaves.
I lived life on the edge and did zero detangling before jumping in the shower to wash and condition. My natural hair detangled with ease.

CONTINUED HIT:
Shower washing and shower conditioning. Really a time savings when I'm not getting in and out of the shower.

IronButterfly

HIT:
Claudie's Normalizing Conditioner. What kind of socery is this??? This stuff here left my hard to manage crown soft and smooth...TWO days after wet bunning! :eek: This is unheard of. I usually have to rewet my hair in order for the crown to look "normal" and not like some jagged hot mess. Definitely a repurchase.:2inlove:

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

HIT! Pantene Truly Natural Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner

My first successful co-wash!:grin: I'm soooo happy yall omg:woot: and I'm utterly impressed because it had alot of scalp buildup to contend with and it performed wonderfully, my hair felt clean yet moisturized, I can finally retire my shampoo:yay:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
HIT: Hairveda errythang. Still going strong, still working it's magic!

HIT: Haiveda Amala Cream Rinse. It cleans better than I thought without stripping my hair. Will repurchase and will only clarify once a month with my Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Clarifying Shampoo.

HIT: Using Megatek every other day as rinse out treatment followed by Hairveda Red Tea Conditioner.
My super fine 4a kinks, coils and curls are thanking me for more frequent use by not breaking, growing longer, stronger and fuller. This stuff is the TROOF.

HIT: Using Acure Ultra Hydrating Unscented Body Lotion as a night time hair moisturizer. Before I found my blessing in a bottle of Hairveda, I used Acure conditioners and loved them. While at the store this weekend, I tried the lotion on my hands and was amazed by how moisturized my hands felt upon application---and continued to feel moisturized while I shopped. This got me to thinking: if our hair and skin are similar and this works so well on my hands, it will probably work the same on my hair. Into my cart it went and I'm glad I got it! This stuff makes my curls POP and it's unscented! My hair feels so moisturized in the morning and I love that I can go to my local health food store and pick up a tube!

MISS: Price of the Acure lotion. It's $9 for an 8oz tube. I basically pay the same price for a 16oz bottle of Hairveda heaven so this is not the business. But the things we do for love...

MISS: Elucence Conditioner. I tried. Now it's going to my homegirl who loves this stuff.

naturalmanenyc

naturalmanenyc

@IDareT'sHair
Found Elucence in NYC....but there is a White woman here screaming on them for over-charging her or maybe double charging her $11 on a debit card? She is looking at her account on her phone.

$29.99 for a liter. No smaller versions. I didn't purchase.

ETA:
After she left; they discussed the error and agreed she was correct....although they refused to give her the cash back in the store. Said she will dispute the charge with her bank.

Attachments

• 20160617_133044.jpg
    20160617_133044.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

@IDareT'sHair
Found Elucence in NYC....but there is a White woman here screaming on them for over-charging her or maybe double charging her $11 on a debit card? She is looking at her account on her phone.

$29.99 for a liter. No smaller versions. I didn't purchase.

ETA:
After she left; they discussed the error and agreed she was correct....although they refused to give her the cash back in the store. Said she will dispute the charge with her bank.

Finally ordered the 10 oz Elucence from Curl Mart, free shipping & 15% off.
If it works well, I will get the liter during the next sale.

I don't buy liters anymore of new products.
I still have 1/3 left of my liter of Giovanni Smooth As Silk deeper moisture conditioner. My hair never responded well to it.
I need to give it away.

naturalmanenyc

Used my Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner for the first time as a rinse out conditioner (and to detangle) as well as a leave-in.
It's not dry yet so I can't really comment about it working as a leave-in but it did work well to comb out a 7-day old wash and go after washing with As I Am Cowash.