May 2016: Hits & Misses

all_1_length

This really belongs in the April thread but here goes.

Hit
Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo
Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer

These two work very well on my hair. Even though the shampoo has sulfates in it makes my hair feel extremely moisturized afterwards and it doesn't dry out like when I was using Shea Moisture. (It dries my scalp out though) The conditioner works like all the other deep conditioners in my stash. I leave it in for 5 minutes with heat and I get good results.

And as an added bonus, since I have been using Aphogee shampoo I notice that my scalp psoirasis has disappeared. I don't know why because this happened while I was taking medication when I had pneumonia a couple of weeks ago. I want to believe that my psoriasis is gone because of the shampoo so I'm going to keep using it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@JulietWhiskey
HIT;
Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner. Very nice for cowashing. Slippy. Worked Great.

Little to no fragrance tho' so, it's non-intrusive that way. I wish it had a nice scent. But it's basically unscented.

I have 3 Liters, I thought I only had x2 but discovered another one in my stash.

If CM has a decent M-Day Sale, I will definitely be picking up a 4th.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@JulietWhiskey
HIT;
Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner. Very nice for cowashing. Slippy. Worked Great.

Little to no fragrance tho' so, it's non-intrusive that way. I wish it had a nice scent. But it's basically unscented.

I have 3 Liters, I thought I only had x2 but discovered another one in my stash.

love that Elucence. Been about it for a few years now. Great cowash, sometimes I leave a little in too

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey
HIT;

Thank you for the review, I knew you would come through for a sista!

The fact that EMBC has little to no scent intrigues me because this is only thing I don't like about Hairveda products: the smell. At night, I co-wash my hair and use only glycerin and my sealer because sleeping with heavily scented products in my hair makes me congested so using Elucence as a nightly leave-in might work.

Have you tried it as a leave-in?

Thanks, again!

gorgeoushair

Miss: Sally's limiting my quantities. Y'all want my money or not? I could see a limit of 10 per brand but 2!!! Y'all tripping. Guess I'll still have to wait for a SM bogo at CVS or Walgreen's to roll around.

So you could only buy 2 and get 2 free? Maybe that's why the website ain't giving me my BOGO on my other 2 SM items...hmmm.

NaturallyATLPCH

I have only used it twice but I'm already claiming "hit" on my Chi Keratin leave-in. First, I really like the consistency. I expected a "mist" but it's more creamy. Makes my hair super smooth; I enjoy the smell; doesn't take much to get the job done....can't wait to see how it works the rest of the month.

This leave in is really great, I enjoy it as well. Super smooth, soft hair. I've been using it for a few weeks for roller sets, I like it.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
MISS: Giovanni Direct Leave In

As many of you know, I find Hairveda products too heavily scented to sleep with in my hair and so in my quest to find a nightly leave-in that won't cause congestion, I chose Giovanni's Direct Leave In. I used it in my typical fashion: on damp hair, applied glycerin, then Direct Leave In then seal with my Nutiva Superfood Shortening butter. Instead of moist, soft hair with no flakes or residue, Direct Leave In left me with hard, crunchy hair with flakes everywhere. And when I rinsed it out this morning, my hair didn't feel silky like how it feels when I rinse out my Hairveda products.

In other words, never again.

Now, I'm off to purchase Elucence to see if this will perform better as a nightly leave in...

Napturallypretty1908

Hits:
- Aloe Vera Gel, I'm using it in the water in my spray bottle and hair has been so much more moisturized.
- Sally's having new lines in store like Mielle Organics

Cons:
- Mielle Organics deep conditioner - it was just meh to me, was super watery so it didn't do much for me. The sales lady thought I was crazy for returning it, lol.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS
Detangling mix: av juice, av jelly, distilled water, some oil in a spray bottle

Detangling routine: detangle in the shower in 4-6 sections, spray each section with the mix, use 3 comb method (wide tooth, medium tooth, and end with fine tooth), 15 minutes max

Returning to all natural, handmade products. My hair was a stringy, spacy, none clumping mess without them. I'm a fine haired natural so basically I looked nearly bald headed daily :nono: using them others.