May 2017: Hits & Misses

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Possible Miss turned into Possible Hit:
APB Cucumber Melon Hair Creme (?)
I didn't care for it before because I felt it was too light and I was too heavy handed, but I switched shampoos and I think that helped. I used much less this past wash day and my hair still felt really nice. Well moisturized. I still think it's light, so it's probably my least go to between Ginger Root and Cupuacu and Avocado, but it's definitely a repurchase for now.

Revisited Hit:
CRN Cleansing Rinse

Continued Hit:
QB CTDG
MHC Type 4
Komaza Pona

Aggie

Cont'd HIT:

Keracare Natural Textures Leave-In Conditioner with Amla and Shikakai Botanicals. It also has Argan and Abyssanian oils in it. It actually feels like it's loaded in cones but it's not. I think it's the Abyssanian oil that gives it that effect. I need this in the largest bottle they have. Right now I'm using an 8 oz bottle, but a little goes a long way. Plus it's better than the Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer. I won't be needing that one anymore.

Last edited:

Aggie

Major Hit:
QB AOHC everyone always loves it but I thought it might be too heavy for my fine strands. Wrong, wrong, and wronger. It has such a silky feel and makes my hair so soft and fluffy. Bumps my previous holy grail (QB BRBC) to second place.
Wow, at the moment, my hair likes the BRBC a lot better than the AOHC. They are both nice, but the Burdock Root feels better on my hair.

Aggie

Miss: LACE Naturals (nka Bask & Bloom) More Moisture Cream

I remembered this product being really moisturizing when I previously used it. Now? I've used it everyday and my hair feels like a Brillo pad. Lol. I'm too cheap to throw it out but I'm so tempted to do so.
@meka72

Do you have any castor oil or JBCO. Add some to a little of it and test on one section of your hair and see if that will help. Like you, I hate throwing things away myself. I just bought 3 of these but I haven't tried trhem as yet but I do know that the previous jar reaped awesome moisturizing benefits. that was the whole reason why I bought more. Now I have to try them and see if they are just as bad as you say :look:

Aggie

NEW HIT:

Listen ladies, I don't know who said that the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm was not good on their hair but whoever it was, I am so sorry to hear that because this stuff was the bomb.com on my hair. It was so moisturizing that I wanted to buy more right then and there. I already have 2 jars so I know I don't need anymore at the moment. I like it just as much as the Joico Intense Hydrator.

meka72

@meka72

Do you have any castor oil or JBCO. Add some to a little of it and test on one section of your hair and see if that will help. Like you, I hate throwing things away myself. I just bought 3 of these but I haven't tried trhem as yet but I do know that the previous jar reaped awesome moisturizing benefits. that was the whole reason why I bought more. Now I have to try them and see if they are just as bad as you say :look:

Thanks for the recommendation! I do have CO and JBCO/HBCO and will try mixing it today. I'm sure your jars are fine. I bought that jar awhile ago (I'm using stuff purchased in 2013/2014).

Thanks again!

shasha8685

Hit:
Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter: LOVE this! I use it on my hair when I'm re twisting my hair in the evening for my twist out. Gives great definition, stretches out my hair a bit, and is pretty moisturizing. I think it's a keeper

Meh:
Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream: This defines my twists as well and I love it for that but it leaves my hair feeling dry by the end of the day. I suspect this may be due to the shea butter that is in it because my hair just doesn't respond well to shea butter.

nymane

NEW HIT:

Listen ladies, I don't know who said that the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm was not good on their hair but whoever it was, I am so sorry to hear that because this stuff was the bomb.com on my hair. It was so moisturizing that I wanted to buy more right then and there. I already have 2 jars so I know I don't need anymore at the moment. I like it just as much as the Joico Intense Hydrator.

ITA! The Moisture Recovery Balm was my first Joico love, then I tried the Intense Hydrator....love them both equally.

Aggie

ITA! The Moisture Recovery Balm was my first Joico love, then I tried the Intense Hydrator....love them both equally.
I agree. They are both very nice and moisturizing. I believe the Moisture Recovery Balm would be awesome to soften the hair after rinsing out a hardcore DC like Aphogee 2 Step or Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatments. It was that good on my hair this morning.

GGsKin

Continued Hit:
APB UCS. I really really like this DC. Moisturised, great smelling hair everytime. And last wash day, after Aphogee 2 Step was no exception. I've got a good few applications left but I dont wanna be without it. I must re-up but it's gonna have to wait until the end of the month.

Hit:
Aphogee 2 Step. Used this for the first time on Tuesday and my hair responded well- upon rinsing it felt soft and stronger. Whipping it up helped with application. My DC afterwards also penetrated better- it actually totally sunk in.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@NaturallyATLPCH
I recently got Madder Roots on a 'swap'.

Lemme ask @Saludable84 about that one.:blah:

I do have the Pink Clay one and the Bamboo & Silk, but haven't tried either yet.

You know I love it. I expected it to be a miss because of the aloe, but it must be formulated well, because it works. Leaves me with good moisture.

It's one of those cases where my hair is moisturized, but not equally soft. Its much more appreciated in the long run for me.